pablo-garza-4.jpgFeatherweights Pablo Garza and Antonio Carvalho have been removed from the UFC’s current roster of fighters.

Both fighters recently confirmed their releases via Twitter.

The contract terminations come after a busy stretch for the UFC, which has been trimming its roster throughout the year.

Garza’s release follows a recent 1-3 run. The former WEC fighter opened his UFC career with back-to-back stoppages wins over Fredson Paixao and Yves Jabouin, both of which earned fight-night bonuses. Since then, though, he’s suffered losses to Dustin Poirier, Dennis Bermudez and Diego Brandao with a lone win over former title challenger Mark Hominick.

The North Dakota-based Garza (12-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) said he’s going to concentrate on jiu-jitsu competitions and coaching, but he’s left open the door for a possible UFC return.

So, too, has Carvalho (15-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC), who was cut after a TKO loss to Darren Elkins. Prior to the March setback, the Canadian fighter had posted wins over Daniel Pineda and Rodrigo Damm. In fact, before his loss to Elkins, Carvalho was on a 5-1 run, and the lone defeat came in his UFC debut with Felipe Arantes.

Although the UFC doesn’t officially announce its list of cuts, many fighters confirm them via social media.

(Pictured: Pablo Garza)

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Georges St-Pierre Undergoes First USADA Tests in Potential UFC Return |

  • 28 days ago

Georges St-Pierre continues his march toward a potential UFC return, having recently provided drug test samples to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. read news >>

Skip Bayless thinks McGregor could go the distance against Mayweather | UNDISPUTED

  • 27 days ago

Conor McGregor recently brought up a fight with Floyd Mayweather again, but if it happens, could Conor hang with Floyd? read news >>

UFC releases list of 23 new celebrity owners – and it includes a bunch of friends of the program

  • 26 days ago

News broke late Friday that the UFC had 23 new celebrity investors, and there were some heavy-hitting names on the list.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC welterweight Michael Graves removed from UFC Fight Night 100 bout after arrest for battery

  • 23 days ago

Michael Graves will no longer face Sergio Moraes in their planned bout at UFC Fight Night 100 after an arrest for misdemeanor battery.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Graves Arrested for Alleged Battery, Pulled from UFC Sao Paulo Card |

  • 22 days ago

Michael Graves has been removed from UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira, after having been arrested in Atlanta on a domestic violence charge. read news >>

Michael Bisping Puts His Legacy on the Line to Exact Revenge on Dan Henderson

  • 22 days ago

It has recently come to our attention that we’ve been shortchanging Michael Bisping for years. There’s no other way to say it: We underestimated him. We dismissed him. We didn’t like him very much, i read news >>

Despite skid, WSOF 33's Joao Zeferino doesn't see recent losses as setbacks

  • 21 days ago

Joao Zeferino has a surprisingly positive outlook on the current status of his career. With back-to-back losses, Zeferino said he doesn’t feel an unordinary amount of pressure to get back on track wh read news >>

UFC 204 Bantamweight Bout Cancelled at Early Weigh-in |

  • 19 days ago

A UFC 204 bantamweight bout has been removed from the fight card at the last minute. read news >>

UFC Statement on Ian Entwistle

  • 19 days ago

On the advice of physicians, and with the athlete's health and safety in mind, UFC has removed Ian Entwistle from his bout tomorrow night against Rob Font at UFC 204 in Manchester, England due to read news >>