Not only did Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva’s big break come in the form of a move from Strikeforce to the UFC, it also, at least in the Brazilian fighter’s mind, necessitated further moves in his career.

Silva split away from his training camp with the Blackzilians, heading back to his old stomping grounds at American Top Team.

It wasn’t a major move in location; both teams are based in Florida where Silva resides. But it was something that Silva felt was necessary, especially when considering that former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem also made the move to the UFC… and signed on to train with the Blackzilians.

“I always take care with my camp and make sure I’m surrounded with the right people,” Silva commented at Tuesday’s UFC 146 press conference in Las Vegas.

It wasn’t that he didn’t feel he was surrounded by good people, good training partners, with the Blackzilians, the issue arose when Overeem joined the team. Silva just did what he felt was best for his future.

“I think it’s inevitable, Alistair Overeem and I are on a collision course and there is the possibility of us fighting one another one day,” explained Silva. “So when I heard he was going (to the Blackzilians), I decided to take my camp elsewhere.”

Most fighters that train together are reluctant to fight one another in the cage, where there is an unleashed aggression that is typically harnessed in training.

Silva’s solution was simply to pack his bags and go back home, to American Top Team, where he knows he’ll still get the training he needs to realize his dream.

“Every athlete dreams of being in the best organization and I’m here now in the best MMA organization,” said Silva. “So I’m gonna give my all. I’m gonna give 100 percent to give you guys great fights while I’m here in the UFC.”

Follow @KenPishna on Twitter or e-mail Ken Pishna.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow on Twitter and Facebook.

After bizarre win at UFC Fight Night 79, Fredy Serrano wishes injured Yao Zhikui well

• a day ago

SEOUL – UFC flyweight Fredy Serrano left the promotion’s octagon feeling a little bit unsatisfied after a meeting with Yao Zhikui.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping explains why he changed mind about Anderson Silva fight

Michael Bisping has had a change of heart about fighting Anderson Silva, saying the ex-champ gets a pass despite Bisping’s recent vow not to face those found using performance-enhancing drugs. Filed read news >>

Uriah Hall explains his controversial 'terrorist' comment from social media

Uriah Hall is sorry but not sorry when it comes to a recent Instagram post in which he labeled MMA fans as “terrorists” due to the harsh criticism directed at Ronda Rousey following her knockout loss read news >>

UFC 193's Daniel Kelly would have retired with loss, estimates 6 fights left in career

MELBOURNE, Australia – Former Olympic judoka and UFC middleweight Daniel Kelly said he was fighting for his career when he stepped into the cage against Steve Montgomery.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

As Holm turns MMA world upside down, we're left with questions only rematch can answer

For a challenger with zero chance against the once-in-a-forever combat goddess champion of women’s MMA, Holly Holm did pretty OK. Whether she could do it again, and against a Ronda Rousey who’s been read news >>

Former UFC champ Cain Velasquez leaves Zinkin Entertainment for CAA

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has left his longtime management team at Zinkin Entertainment.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 193 Free Fight Video: Bigfoot Silva Knocks Out Alistair Overeem

Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva's knockout win over Alistair Overeem at UFC 156 earned him a heavyweight title shot. read news >>

Herschel Walker Still Has Another Fight Left Inside

Herschel Walker would like to make one thing absolutely clear: He is not done fighting. Oh, he has nothing scheduled. Rumors abound that Walker, all 53 ageless years of him, could return in this new read news >>