K.J. Noons (right) feels he did enough to win against Nick Diaz last October.| Photo: Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

K.J. Noons disagrees with the judges who awarded Nick Diaz a unanimous decision after their entertaining five-round Strikeforce bout last October.

“I didn’t even think I lost the fight,” Noons said recently on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “Only in opinion, right? In some people’s eyes. Nah, you know what? I guess the judges saw it wrong -- I mean, different, and you just have to get better. I’m moving back down to 155 [pounds], so I’m happy.”

Diaz defended his Strikeforce welterweight title with scores of 48-47, 49-47 and 49-46 in his favor. However, Noons believes he outstruck the champion.

“Let’s just take emotion and opinions out of it and put hard facts on the table,” Noons said. “Who won the fight by statistics? If you go by who did the more damage to the other person? Strikes landed?”

The initial CompuStrike stats on the fight did have Noons landing more strikes than Diaz, but the company corrected those figures, which it said were the result of a system glitch. The final CompuStrike numbers had Diaz landing more strikes. FightMetric also had Diaz with the advantage.

Noons, however, feels he won the fight three rounds to two. Diaz has since gone on to earn a UFC welterweight title shot against Georges St. Pierre in October, and Noons doesn’t begrudge him the opportunity.

“He won a couple more fights, so he definitely put himself in a position to be fighting for that,” Noons said. “That’s a fight people want to see. I’m just saying I felt like [our] fight was different. Am I going to cry about it now? No.”

Of course, Noons stopped Diaz the first time they met in November 2007. He said a third encounter is “probably” in the future, but for now he’s concentrating on Jorge Masvidal, whom he fights Saturday at Strikeforce “Overeem vs. Werdum.” With a win, Noons expects to get a shot at Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez.

“I think since Masvidal beat Billy [Evangelista], that was one of the top guys in Strikeforce,” Noons said. “From what I was told, this is a number-one contender fight. So whoever wins this gets a shot at Gilbert.”

Masvidal has split his last four fights, but Noons is complimentary of his game.

“I think he’s a great standup fighter,” Noons said. “I think he’s good all-around. I’m just training for everything, but I don’t know. We’ll see how the fight turns out when we get in there and mix it up. I think he’s pretty confident in his standup game. If he wanted to, he could stand up the whole time, but I think he’s going to mix it up and I’m ready for that. I’m actually ready to mix it up too.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:26:05).

UFC 189 Video: Dustin Poirier advises Chad Mendes on how to fight Conor McGregor

Dustin Poirier lost to Conor McGregor a year ago. Now he has some serious advice for Chad Mendes. read news >>

Scouting the UFC 189 judges: Do they have tendencies?

Fighters are thoroughly dissected before big events, but never judges. This stops now. Paul Gift has the first-ever breakdown of judge-specific tendencies for UFC 189’s main and co-main events. As a read news >>

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2: Odds, Comments and Predictions for UFC 189

Lost in all the buzz surrounding UFC 189's main event between Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes is an epic co-main event between Rory MacDonald and Robbie Lawler. Usually the term co-main event is a bit read news >>

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

The main event at UFC 189 lost one of its stars, but the replacement could provide an even better bout. A rib injury forced Jose Aldo out of his grudge match with "The Notorious" Conor McGregor. Chad read news >>

Claudia Gadelha teases Jedrzejczyk on Twitter: 'You know you lost to me'

Claudia Gadelha fires at Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Twitter ahead of her number one contender match against Jessica Agular at UFC 190. Strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha, has a very decisive bout comin read news >>

UFC 189: Who's on the Hot Seat in Las Vegas This Weekend?

Although UFC 189 lost Jose Aldo, it remains an outstanding event that is filled with big names. Some of those noteworthy individuals will be competing for UFC gold. With Aldo out, Conor McGregor will read news >>

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury set for October 24th in German soccer stadium

Wladimir Klitschko hasn't lost in 11 years, but is England's Tyson Fury the man to dethrone the heavyweight king? We'll find out this October. Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) has nearly every major read news >>

Nick Diaz's lawyer not overly confident about NAC hearing

Nick Diaz's lawyer, Lucas Middlebrook has doubts over reaching a settlement with the NAC. Nick Diaz still awaits a conclusion for his failed drug tests at UFC 183. The Californian tested positive for read news >>

Nick Diaz legal team expected to present case for failed drug test to NSAC in September

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight Nick Diaz and his legal team are gearing up for a hearing in front of Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) to answer for a failed drug test (marij read news >>

Despite loss of Aldo vs McGregor, Dana White expects record-setting $7M gate for UFC 189

UFC 189 might have lost it's big headliner, but will still be the most profitable live event on US soil in promotion history, according to the UFC president. When it comes to promoting and marketing read news >>