K.J. Noons (right) feels he did enough to win against Nick Diaz last October.| Photo: Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

K.J. Noons disagrees with the judges who awarded Nick Diaz a unanimous decision after their entertaining five-round Strikeforce bout last October.

“I didn’t even think I lost the fight,” Noons said recently on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “Only in opinion, right? In some people’s eyes. Nah, you know what? I guess the judges saw it wrong -- I mean, different, and you just have to get better. I’m moving back down to 155 [pounds], so I’m happy.”

Diaz defended his Strikeforce welterweight title with scores of 48-47, 49-47 and 49-46 in his favor. However, Noons believes he outstruck the champion.

“Let’s just take emotion and opinions out of it and put hard facts on the table,” Noons said. “Who won the fight by statistics? If you go by who did the more damage to the other person? Strikes landed?”

The initial CompuStrike stats on the fight did have Noons landing more strikes than Diaz, but the company corrected those figures, which it said were the result of a system glitch. The final CompuStrike numbers had Diaz landing more strikes. FightMetric also had Diaz with the advantage.

Noons, however, feels he won the fight three rounds to two. Diaz has since gone on to earn a UFC welterweight title shot against Georges St. Pierre in October, and Noons doesn’t begrudge him the opportunity.

“He won a couple more fights, so he definitely put himself in a position to be fighting for that,” Noons said. “That’s a fight people want to see. I’m just saying I felt like [our] fight was different. Am I going to cry about it now? No.”

Of course, Noons stopped Diaz the first time they met in November 2007. He said a third encounter is “probably” in the future, but for now he’s concentrating on Jorge Masvidal, whom he fights Saturday at Strikeforce “Overeem vs. Werdum.” With a win, Noons expects to get a shot at Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez.

“I think since Masvidal beat Billy [Evangelista], that was one of the top guys in Strikeforce,” Noons said. “From what I was told, this is a number-one contender fight. So whoever wins this gets a shot at Gilbert.”

Masvidal has split his last four fights, but Noons is complimentary of his game.

“I think he’s a great standup fighter,” Noons said. “I think he’s good all-around. I’m just training for everything, but I don’t know. We’ll see how the fight turns out when we get in there and mix it up. I think he’s pretty confident in his standup game. If he wanted to, he could stand up the whole time, but I think he’s going to mix it up and I’m ready for that. I’m actually ready to mix it up too.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:26:05).

The Comeback: Ronda Rousey riffing on Nick Diaz's spliffing, Bisping rips Silva

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Tuesday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Feat read news >>

Nick Diaz in Settlement Talks with NAC: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC star Nick Diaz was slapped with a five-year ban and $165,000 fine in September by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for a third failed drug test for marijuana in the Silver State, but the cont read news >>

Settlement talks with Nick Diaz suggest UFC went too far with suspension (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The penalty was an egregious abuse of power for which the responsible commissioners should be held accountable. read news >>

Rousimar Palhares Endangers Opponents, Gets Lighter Penalty than Nick Diaz

Sure to raise the ire of Nick Diaz supports, stripped WSOF champion Rousimar Palhares received a much lighter sentence for endangering his opponents than Diaz did for marijuana. read news >>

Fight Path: Watching mom build back up helped inspire Sam Oropeza to MMA career

After Sam Oropeza finished his associate degree, moving from working on a power plant as a student to working at a New Jersey refinery, he got a taste of just how unpleasant the full-time working wor read news >>

VIDEO: Culinary Union Floods Commission Meeting to Support Nick Diaz

In a surprise move at the Oct. 29 Nevada Athletic Commission meeting, a throng of Culinary Union members flooded the room to show support for Nick Diaz. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Speaks out on Drug Testing, Nick Diaz's Ban and More

Ronda Rousey has revealed she embraces drug testing in mixed martial arts with no fear of being caught for fighting outside the law, and she has joined the legions speaking out against Nick Diaz's fi read news >>

The Comeback: New fight bookings for Las Vegas, hopeful Nick Diaz, plenty of Ronda Rousey

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Wednesday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Fe read news >>

A Ray of Hope for Nick Diaz?

On Wednesday, Nick Diaz indicated that his lawyers are in negotiations with the Nevada Athletic Commission to alter his five-year suspension for pot. read news >>

Robbie Lawler Video: Nick Diaz Suspension is ‘Just Ridiculous!’

UFC champ Robbie Lawler believes Nick Diaz's five-year suspension for using pot is "just ridiculous!" read news >>