Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira made his debut in the Brazilian version of “Dancing with the Stars” -- known as Danca dos Famosos, or “Dance of the Famous” -- on Sunday.

The program was broadcast on the popular Rede Globo TV show Domingão do Faustão. Although he hasn't shown much "swaying," the former Pride and UFC champion showed great will and surprised viewers and judges alike in qualifying for the next round.

“Minotauro” competed against six other males in the opening phase. In the second round, Nogueira will attempt to impress the judges while dancing with a female partner. The fighter admitted to battling nerves shortly after his first dance concluded.

"It's much harder than fighting. When I get home I'm all broken," Nogueira said.

Nogueira is scheduled to face Frenchman Cheick Kongo at UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary. The Brazilian has not fought since December, when his arm was broken by a brutal kimura from Frank Mir at UFC 140.

Nogueira recently told PVT that he has been able to balance evening MMA training and morning dance classes without issue.

"My priority is my workout. Certainly I have to train for this program once or twice a week,” he said. “I train to fight five hours a day, then I have 19 hours left over for me to rest, sleep and do other activities. I have hobbies like kite surfing and going to the beach with my dog, so I have to cut something out to train and participate in the [Dancing with the Stars] program.”

Leonardo Fabri contributed to this report

Big Nog wants Cro Cop rematch, says he'll fight 'as long as his body can take it'

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira wants a rematch with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic after his bout with Stefan Struve in Rio. Big Nog wants to keep fighting as long as he is healthy. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira fee read news >>

‘Minotauro’ Nogueira will train with Anderson Silva for ‘Dutch monster’ Stefan Struve

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will return to the Octagon in August against Stefan Struve, and he’s excited for the "big" challenge. In an interview with MMAFighting.com, "Minotauro" spok read news >>

Jon Jones has first court appearance today, attorney says he wants to 'get down to training'

Jon Jones will make his first appearance in Bernalillo county court today, and his attorney spoke to the media. Embattled UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will make his first court appearance read news >>

Tickets On Sale Friday, May 29 For Debut Scottish Event

UFC today confirmed tickets to the highly anticipated UFC® FIGHT NIGHT GLASGOW will go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 29. UFC FIGHT NIGHT GLASGOW, which will take place on Saturday, Jul read news >>

Rashad Evans: If I fought 'that Rampage,' I'd catch him with a 'highlight reel' knockout

Rashad Evans gave his own version of "I'm not impressed by your performance" on the FOX Sports 1 post-fight show Saturday night. Evans, who was in the FOX studio as an analyst, was asked if he would read news >>

Calgary on hold if New York doesn’t come through for UFC, says White

UFC fans in Calgary, Alberta, stand to benefit if New York’s MMA ban remains this year. UFC President Dana White said the promotion is targeting an event for the city in December as a backup for New read news >>

Video: Sorry Ronda Rousey, Dana White says WWE appearance was 'one and done'

Anyone hoping to see Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey jump back into the ring for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is not going to like what UFC P read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: 'I Would Love' to Make an Appearance with WWE

Ronda Rousey might not be the only UFC legend poised to appear in the squared circle in 2015. Speaking with fans at a UFC 186 press event, former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre discussed his read news >>

ONE Championship 21 results: Striegl victorious in debut, Askren vs. Santos ruled 'no contest'

Reigning, defending welterweight champion Ben Askren took on Luis Santos in the main event of ONE: "Valor of Champions" in Manila and was given a torrid time by the Brazilian before the bout came to read news >>