Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira made his debut in the Brazilian version of “Dancing with the Stars” -- known as Danca dos Famosos, or “Dance of the Famous” -- on Sunday.

The program was broadcast on the popular Rede Globo TV show Domingão do Faustão. Although he hasn't shown much "swaying," the former Pride and UFC champion showed great will and surprised viewers and judges alike in qualifying for the next round.

“Minotauro” competed against six other males in the opening phase. In the second round, Nogueira will attempt to impress the judges while dancing with a female partner. The fighter admitted to battling nerves shortly after his first dance concluded.

"It's much harder than fighting. When I get home I'm all broken," Nogueira said.

Nogueira is scheduled to face Frenchman Cheick Kongo at UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary. The Brazilian has not fought since December, when his arm was broken by a brutal kimura from Frank Mir at UFC 140.

Nogueira recently told PVT that he has been able to balance evening MMA training and morning dance classes without issue.

"My priority is my workout. Certainly I have to train for this program once or twice a week,” he said. “I train to fight five hours a day, then I have 19 hours left over for me to rest, sleep and do other activities. I have hobbies like kite surfing and going to the beach with my dog, so I have to cut something out to train and participate in the [Dancing with the Stars] program.”

Leonardo Fabri contributed to this report

T.J. Dillashaw Doesn’t Want to Fight Urijah Faber, but It’s a Good Match-Up for Him (Video)

UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw split from Urijah Faber's Team Alpha Male. The two could be pitted against each other in the near future. read news >>

Dominick Cruz Doesn’t Know What’s Next, Doesn’t Think Injury is Serious

Having finally regained his bantamweight belt, Dominick Cruz doesn't know what's next and doesn't care. read news >>

Video: Patrick Cote's resurgence? Nick Diaz callout? Long time coming

Almost 12 years after his first UFC appearance, Patrick Cote is riding a three-fight winning streak with six victories in his past seven fights. How’d he finally get everything to click?Filed under: read news >>

Still nursing injured hand, Joe Lauzon calls for return fight against Diego Sanchez

BOSTON – UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon still doesn’t know when he’ll be healthy enough to return to the octagon, but wants a fight with Diego Sanchez when he’s ready.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, read news >>

CM Punk on teammate Anthony Pettis' loss: 'Eddie Alvarez fought a perfect fight'

Anthony Pettis doesn’t lose often, but when he has, there has been a common denominator. But his teammate CM Punk doesn’t think he’ll have trouble coming back strong. Filed under: Featured Videos, Ne read news >>

Brendan Schaub: I've been banned from 'UFC Now' because I don't 'fall in line'

Brendan Schaub doesn’t hesitate to speak his mind about MMA-related subjects. Apparently, though, that outspokenness has cost him some work.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Reluctant to Grant Jose Aldo a Conor McGregor Rematch

During an appearance on Opie with Jim Norton, UFC president Dana White said that it would be tough to put together a rematch between Conor McGregor and Jose Aldo. read news >>

UFC's Hector Lombard: I wanted to fight Rory MacDonald, but he doesn’t want to

UFC welterweight Hector Lombard is fighting Neil Magny at UFC Fight Night 85 and is happy to be returning to his adopted homeland of Australia. But he’s headed back knowing another matchup eluded him read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82’s Mickey Gall doesn’t even want to say the name ‘CM Punk’

His trip to the UFC came a little sooner than expected, but welterweight Mickey Gall knew he would wind up in the promotion. Gall is also sure of another thing: He won’t go down as the guy that tried read news >>