Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira made his debut in the Brazilian version of “Dancing with the Stars” -- known as Danca dos Famosos, or “Dance of the Famous” -- on Sunday.

The program was broadcast on the popular Rede Globo TV show Domingão do Faustão. Although he hasn't shown much "swaying," the former Pride and UFC champion showed great will and surprised viewers and judges alike in qualifying for the next round.

“Minotauro” competed against six other males in the opening phase. In the second round, Nogueira will attempt to impress the judges while dancing with a female partner. The fighter admitted to battling nerves shortly after his first dance concluded.

"It's much harder than fighting. When I get home I'm all broken," Nogueira said.

Nogueira is scheduled to face Frenchman Cheick Kongo at UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary. The Brazilian has not fought since December, when his arm was broken by a brutal kimura from Frank Mir at UFC 140.

Nogueira recently told PVT that he has been able to balance evening MMA training and morning dance classes without issue.

"My priority is my workout. Certainly I have to train for this program once or twice a week,” he said. “I train to fight five hours a day, then I have 19 hours left over for me to rest, sleep and do other activities. I have hobbies like kite surfing and going to the beach with my dog, so I have to cut something out to train and participate in the [Dancing with the Stars] program.”

Leonardo Fabri contributed to this report

From Around the Web

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: I expect to fight Frank Mir soon

RIO DE JANEIRO – If things go the way Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira expects, he’ll be facing another former UFC champion very soon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

‘Minotauro’ Nogueira: ‘Everybody wants to see someone beat Frank Mir in Brazil’

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is still gunning for a trilogy bout with Frank Mir. A former UFC and PRIDE heavyweight champion, "Minotauro," who suffered a pair of stoppage losses to Mir read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira wants his revenge against Frank Mir in Brazil

This way, "Big Nog" can get some payback for the hometown fans after Mir knocked "Bigfoot" out cold. "I would love to fight Frank Mir. He's a great opponent. After his fight with ‘Bigfoot' everybody read news >>

Ronda Rousey: Can She Continue Destroying Opponents and Be a Huge Draw?

Ronda Rousey was called a "female version of Mike Tyson" by Dana White at the UFC 184 post-fight press conference. Her last two fights lasted a combined total of 30 seconds. She has only been past th read news >>

Holly Holm's So-So UFC Debut Douses Ronda Rousey Rumors, Buys Her Some Time

Things didn’t totally go Holly Holm’s way at UFC 184. Maybe that will turn out to be the best thing for her. Holm made her Octagon debut amid a boatload of hype on Saturday, after establishing hersel read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey is the female version of Mike Tyson

UFC President Dana White compares UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey to former boxing heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. Ronda Rousey needed a mere 14 seconds to dispatch a legitimately tou read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey is 'the female version' of Mike Tyson

After staying undefeated at UFC 184 on Saturday night in Los Angeles, Ronda Rousey is doing something special in the sport of mixed martial arts. That's made all the more true when one factors in her read news >>

UFC 184: Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington video highlights

LOS ANGELES – Holly Holm looked good in her UFC debut, but she got a run for her money from a gritty Raquel Pennington on Saturday night. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Twitter reacts to Holly Holm's debut victory over Raquel Pennington at UFC 184

The highly-anticipated UFC debut on Holly Holm went according to the plan for the former pro boxer when she defeated Raquel Pennington in UFC 184’s co-main event. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>