Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira made his debut in the Brazilian version of “Dancing with the Stars” -- known as Danca dos Famosos, or “Dance of the Famous” -- on Sunday.

The program was broadcast on the popular Rede Globo TV show Domingão do Faustão. Although he hasn't shown much "swaying," the former Pride and UFC champion showed great will and surprised viewers and judges alike in qualifying for the next round.

“Minotauro” competed against six other males in the opening phase. In the second round, Nogueira will attempt to impress the judges while dancing with a female partner. The fighter admitted to battling nerves shortly after his first dance concluded.

"It's much harder than fighting. When I get home I'm all broken," Nogueira said.

Nogueira is scheduled to face Frenchman Cheick Kongo at UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary. The Brazilian has not fought since December, when his arm was broken by a brutal kimura from Frank Mir at UFC 140.

Nogueira recently told PVT that he has been able to balance evening MMA training and morning dance classes without issue.

"My priority is my workout. Certainly I have to train for this program once or twice a week,” he said. “I train to fight five hours a day, then I have 19 hours left over for me to rest, sleep and do other activities. I have hobbies like kite surfing and going to the beach with my dog, so I have to cut something out to train and participate in the [Dancing with the Stars] program.”

Leonardo Fabri contributed to this report

UFC Fight Night 96 winner John Lineker: 'Small mistake' of missing weight shouldn't cost me Dominick Cruz fight

PORTLAND, Ore. – John Lineker doesn’t believe missing weight for the fifth time in his UFC career should hold him back in the bantamweight title picture after he bested John Dodson by split decision. read news >>

The Downes Side - UFC 204 Predictions

That’s right lads and lasses, it’s time for another English version of the Downes Side! Live from Manchester Arena, the UFC brings some late night fights at UFC 204: Bisping vs Henderson. We’ll exami read news >>

Trading Shots: Whose job is it to promote Jose Aldo, anyway?

Jose Aldo’s coach says if his fighter doesn’t sell, maybe it’s because the UFC didn’t do a good enough job selling him. Danny Downes and Ben Fowlkes take a closer look at that argument in this week’s read news >>

UFC 205's Stephen Thompson doesn’t picture knocking out champ Tyron Woodley – so hopefully, he does

UFC welterweight title challenger Stephen Thompson goes into each bout with a “blank slate,” not envisioning a particular outcome. That way, he told MMAjunkie Radio, it’s a pleasant surprise when som read news >>

UFC Sacramento: Urijah Faber Says Next Bout Will Be His Last

UFC bantamweight Urijah Faber's next scrap will be the last of his storied career.During an appearance on The MMA Houron Monday,Faber announced that he would be retiring after his next fight. Fa read news >>

Watch Ronda Rousey bite off an ear in appearance on 'Drunk History'

Take a look at Ronda Rousey's appearance on 'Drunk History' read news >>

Bellator 163's Phil Davis sends warning to champ Liam McGeary: 'You're in the big leagues now'

• a day ago

Phil Davis strongly believes champion Liam McGeary doesn’t fully grasp the situation he’s in ahead of their main event title fight at Bellator 163 next month.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>