nick-diaz-31.jpgIf Nick Diaz is really ready to come out of retirement for the right fight, veteran UFC middleweight Michael Bisping is willing to fight him. While it seems like an unlikely scenario, one pivotal figure has signed off on the possibility.

“I love that fight,” UFC President Dana White today tweeted.

The chatter began after Diaz’s teammate, UFC 166 main-card competitor Gilbert Melendez, recently said he expected the former Strikeforce champion would end his current retirement if a convincing offer came along. Melendez said it could be MMA or boxing or kickboxing.

When Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC), who’s currently recovering from an eye injury, caught wind of the comments, he offered his services. As he tweeted: “Well if Diaz wants a fight at 185 I would happily welcome him to the division.”

Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC), whose done most of work at welterweight, retired in the cage following a title loss to welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in March. The bout came 13 months after a narrow decision loss to Carlos Condit for the interim belt. After that 2012 fight, the Nevada State Athletic Commission suspended Diaz for a year due to a second failed drug test (marijuana).

Few in the industry, though, have taken Diaz’s retirement too seriously. However, though there was brief speculation about a new deal and though White recently offered him a fight with middleweight Lyoto Machida, Diaz has given no indication he’s seriously contemplating a return to the cage.

For more on the UFC’s schedule, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Nick Diaz)

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Michael Bisping Plans to Knock Anderson Silva Out

  • 29 days ago
  • 65 views

Seventh-ranked middleweight Michael “The Count” Bisping has always wanted to fight former champion Anderson Silva and plans to knock him out when they meet on Feb. 27. read news >>

Retirement Not in the Plans for Anderson Silva

  • 28 days ago
  • 33 views

There’s no question that the stage lights are dimming on former middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s fighting career, but the 40-year-old Brazilian has no plans of retirement. read news >>

NSAC meets Tuesday, Wanderlei Silva and Nick Diaz on agenda

  • 28 days ago
  • 41 views

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will meet next week, and one of their most controversial decisions in recent memory could be altered.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC's Jimy Hettes mulling retirement after latest in long line of injury withdrawals

  • 27 days ago
  • 5 views

Jimy Hettes was considered a top featherweight prospect when he made his UFC debut in August 2011. Less than five years and a mere six fights later, however, Hettes said he could be done fighting for read news >>

Another UFC Boston Scratch: Jimy Hettes Injured and Mulling Retirement

  • 27 days ago
  • 3 views

MMAWeekly.com sources on Monday confirmed that featherweight Jimy Hettes has had to withdraw from his UFC Fight Night 81 bout with Charles Rosa. read news >>

NSAC quickly, quietly passes settlement with Nick Diaz, now suspended 18 months

  • 26 days ago
  • 31 views

The NSAC today moved quickly to approve a settlement with suspended UFC welterweight Nick Diaz, voting unanimously to reduce his five-year suspension to 18 months with a $100,000 fine.Filed under: Fe read news >>

Nick Diaz Gets Drastically Reduced Suspension in NAC Settlement

  • 26 days ago
  • 14 views

Nick Diaz's case was back before the Nevada Athletic Commission on Tuesday due to a possible settlement agreement with the commission in regard to the fighter's five-year suspension and $165,000 fine read news >>

Nick Diaz's UFC Suspension Reduced to 18 Months: Latest Details and Reaction

  • 26 days ago
  • 9 views

Nick Diaz will be permitted to return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 1 after it was confirmed his five-year drug suspension had been reduced to 18 months, along with a $100,000 fine. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Nick Diaz's NSAC hearing, reduced sentence and fine

  • 25 days ago
  • 49 views

After months of waiting, Nick Diaz finally today reached a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission that saw his five-year ban and hefty fine reduced. Check out the reactions.Filed under: read news >>

Nick Diaz UFC 183 Settlement Agreement and Supporting Documents

  • 25 days ago
  • 7 views

Here is the Nick Diaz and Nevada Athletic Commission settlement, and Diaz's declaration that he wrongfully pleaded the fifth amendment. read news >>