diaz

Dana White has reportedly offered MMA bad boy Nick Diaz an octagon return, in the form of a middleweight matchup with former light heavyweight champ Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida.

Diaz (26-9) was last seen being manhandled by Georges St. Pierre in a failed welterweight title shot in Montreal in March. Following that bout, the 30 year old called it a career and former his own promotion, WAR MMA, in California. Rumors of a UFC return have circulated for weeks now.

The 35 Machida (19-3) is of course coming off a controversial decision loss earlier this month to Phil “Mr. Wonderful” Davis at UFC 163 in Brazil. He has contemplated a move down to middleweight in recent weeks, setting up a possible run-in with Diaz in that division.

Recent talk has speculated that Machida would face Vitor Belfort next, but Belfort has balked at taking that middleweight fight, instead wanting to wait it out for a title shot.

Time will tell what Diaz plans to do, but odds are that we will see him back in the UFC where he belongs sometime this fall.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Dana White Discusses Conor McGregor Retirement Tweet, Notorious' Future, UFC 200

  • 13 days ago
  • 33 views

UFC president Dana White believes featherweight champion Conor McGregor isn’t retiring and will fight again for the organisation in the next year, and he said the decision to pull the Irishman from t read news >>

HOT TWEETS: Dana White Pulls Conor McGregor from UFC 200 and Twitter Breaks Again

  • 14 days ago
  • 293 views

If Conor McGregor’s retirement tweet wasn’t enough to blow up Twitter, Dana White going on SportsCenter to announce the UFC pulled Conor from UFC 200 surely did the trick. EXTRA SAUCE: Dana White Exp read news >>

Making sense of Dana White's decision to pull Conor McGregor from UFC 200 (Yahoo Sports)

  • 14 days ago
  • 204 views

From Yahoo Sports: There's no major rift between the UFC and its biggest male star, but if Conor McGregor is looking for a fight with Dana White, he shouldn't expect to win. read news >>

Making sense of Dana White's decision to pull Conor McGregor from UFC 200 (Yahoo Sports)

  • 14 days ago
  • 23 views

From Yahoo Sports: There's no major rift between the UFC and its biggest male star, but if Conor McGregor is looking for a fight with Dana White, he shouldn't expect to win. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Conor McGregor being pulled from UFC 200 vs. Nate Diaz

  • 14 days ago
  • 62 views

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday night that featherweight champ Conor McGregor had been pulled from his UFC 200 main event rematch with Nate Diaz. See how social media reacted to the news. read news >>

Conor McGregor Made a 'Big Mistake' with UFC Retirement Tweet, Says Chael Sonnen

  • 13 days ago
  • 116 views

Former UFC star Chael Sonnen believes Conor McGregor's retirement tweet was a "big mistake" brought on by the Irishman's desire to negotiate a new deal with the company. The 39-year-old took part in read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor calls me now, the fight with Nate Diaz is back on

  • 13 days ago
  • 44 views

UFC President Dana White says UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor can still change his mind and fight at UFC 200. But there’s one thing White isn’t budging on: McGregor needs to promote.Filed unde read news >>

Conor McGregor vs the UFC? Making Sense of a Notorious 'Retirement' Announcement

  • 13 days ago
  • 16 views

Conor McGregor “retired” on Tuesday. Air quotes, because he’s 27 years old, and loves making and spending money, and because, MMA, y’all. Really, nobody outside of McGregor’s inner circle knows exact read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor is Retired, Then Aldo vs. Edgar is for the Belt

  • 13 days ago
  • 44 views

UFC president Dana White doesn't think that featherweight champion Conor McGregor is truly retired, but he prepared to move on and crown a new champion. read news >>

Unlike UFC 151, White says Jon Jones overruled coaches to stay on UFC 197

  • 13 days ago
  • 22 views

UFC President Dana White doesn’t seem entirely positive Jon Jones would have fought replacement opponent Ovince Saint Preux on Saturday at UFC 197 if his coaching staff had a final say in the matter. read news >>