Nick Diaz is very excited about his return to action in 2013, and he’s looking for the biggest fight possible.

Still serving out his one-year suspension after testing positive for marijuana following his last bout in 2012, the Stockton native is eyeing his return early next year when his ban is lifted in February.

Once licensed, Diaz is gunning for the biggest fights possible, and that includes settling a long standing rivalry with UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre or current top contender Johny Hendricks.

“Nick Diaz is a main event fighter,” Diaz’s manager and trainer Cesar Gracie told MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday. “He wants main event fights.”

In a perfect world according to Gracie, Diaz would return to the UFC and face St-Pierre right away with the UFC welterweight title on the line.

Diaz and St-Pierre have no love lost for each other, and both competitors still appear interested in settling the score inside the Octagon. Last weekend during St-Pierre’s return to action against Carlos Condit at UFC 154, Diaz tweeted that he was not impressed by the champion’s performance.

St-Pierre fired back during the post fight press conference by saying, “I did better than Nick did against Carlos (Condit”. St-Pierre defeated Condit by unanimous decision at UFC 154, while Diaz lost to Condit at UFC 142 last year.

As far as other names in the mix to face Diaz upon his return such as former welterweight title contender Josh Koscheck, Gracie keeps it simple and says the Stockton bad boy wants main event fights, and whoever that happens to be, that’s who it will be.

Diaz will be eligible to re-apply for a fight license as of Feb 2, 2013 when his suspension is lifted by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Twitter reacts to Nick Diaz's NSAC hearing, reduced sentence and fine

  • 29 days ago
  • 49 views

After months of waiting, Nick Diaz finally today reached a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission that saw his five-year ban and hefty fine reduced. Check out the reactions.Filed under: read news >>

Nick Diaz UFC 183 Settlement Agreement and Supporting Documents

  • 28 days ago
  • 7 views

Here is the Nick Diaz and Nevada Athletic Commission settlement, and Diaz's declaration that he wrongfully pleaded the fifth amendment. read news >>

Nick Diaz Settlement Actions Once Again Tarnish Nevada Commission

  • 28 days ago
  • 18 views

Nick Diaz can finally plan a return to the fight business. That's the positive. But it couldn't be that easy. No way. It couldn't come until the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) managed to put him th read news >>

Nick Diaz settlement spurred by admission he wrongly pled Fifth Amendment

  • 28 days ago
  • 16 views

UFC welterweight Nick Diaz had to admit he wrongly invoked the Fifth Amendment as part of a settlement he recently reached with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.Filed under: Featured Videos, News read news >>

Nick Diaz rematching UFC welterweight champ Robbie Lawler? It's possible

  • 28 days ago
  • 33 views

Nick Diaz will be cleared to fight in August after reaching a settlement that saw his five-year suspension reduced to 18 months, and when he does return, another UFC title shot could be in the offing read news >>

Francimar Barroso excited for first fight on American soil at UFC Fight Night 81

  • 26 days ago
  • 5 views

Francimar Barroso has only fought once a year since making his UFC debut in 2013. Despite the inactivity, he is sure he can show people he’s ready to fight at the top of the division.Filed under: New read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: Nick Diaz’s Reduced Suspension

  • 26 days ago
  • 18 views

In this weeks episode of Beyond the Fight Chael Sonnen discusses the reduction of Nick Diaz's suspension and Anderson Silva's failed test. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 Results: Patrick Cote Stops Ben Saunders, Calls Out Nick Diaz

  • 24 days ago
  • 6 views

Patrick Cote continued his resurrection on Sunday night in Boston, defeating Ben Saunders, and then calling out Nick Diaz. read news >>

Patrick Cote wants to welcome Nick Diaz back to UFC octagon

  • 23 days ago
  • 15 views

BOSTON – Fresh off an impressive performance on Sunday at UFC Fight Night 81, Patrick Cote is again aiming his sights at the welterweight division’s top 15.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Patrick Cote's resurgence? Nick Diaz callout? Long time coming

  • 22 days ago
  • 6 views

Almost 12 years after his first UFC appearance, Patrick Cote is riding a three-fight winning streak with six victories in his past seven fights. How’d he finally get everything to click?Filed under: read news >>