Nick Diaz has a message for UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.

“To be honest, I’d like a rematch,” Diaz said in an interview with Fox Sports after falling via unanimous decision in the main event of UFC 158 at Bell Centre in Montreal. “Georges St. Pierre, if you would give me a rematch, I’d really appreciate it, because I think I can beat you.”

Just moments after seeing the UFC champion’s hand raised, Diaz said he was contemplating leaving mixed martial arts in a post-fight interview reminiscent to the one he gave following a defeat to Carlos Condit last year.

“Like I said, I’m trying to retire and get out of this gig, but I would like a rematch [with St. Pierre],” Diaz told Fox Sports. “I think I can beat you, I really do. I think I can stop the takedowns in the first two rounds, and you’d have to fight me the whole fight, and I think I’d beat you. I’m not hurt.”

Diaz found himself on the bottom during much of the bout’s opening 10 minutes, with St. Pierre using jabs and superman punches to upset the Californian’s timing and set up double-leg takedowns.

“I think I could have stopped the takedowns. I think I could have gotten the takedowns, come to think of it. I was just really flat,” said Diaz. “I slept like all the way until eight o’clock at night. This Canada thing, I knew it was going to be something to deal with, but I didn’t know if the sleep that I was getting today was going to work with me or against me. The third and fourth round, I felt real good. The fifth round, I was a little worn out, but the first two rounds, I think I was just moving really slow. I was hoping for a knockout.”

Diaz did have his moments in rounds three and four, catching the champion with flurries of clean punches to the head and body. Ultimately, however, St. Pierre continued with his takedown attack and stifled much of Diaz’s ground game, earning scores of 50-45 in a clean sweep with the cageside judges. Though Diaz believes his business with St. Pierre remains unfinished, the former Strikeforce titlist does not appear certain that his request will be granted.

“If I don’t get a rematch, then who am I going to fight? I’m not going to fight any of these guys out here. They came in after me. Georges is the only one,” said Diaz. “I’ve done everything I set out to do. I’ve fought everybody who started when I did in my era. I don’t want to get in there and jump around with these new kids. I don’t think Georges wants to fight Anderson Silva. I really don’t think he does, so if he [doesn’t], and they make that Johny Hendricks [match], Johny Hendricks is probably going to get worked. Whatever happens there, I’ll take a rematch if I can get it. I doubt he’ll give me one. I don’t think he wants to fight me again.”

From Around the Web

‘Surprised’ with failed drug tests, Anderson Silva suggests rematch with Nick Diaz

Anderson Silva failed a couple drug tests for his UFC 183 middleweight clash with Nick Diaz, and he guarantees he has no idea why. In a video interview with TMZ, the former UFC middleweight champion read news >>

Anderson Silva 'surprised' he failed UFC 183 drug test, offers Nick Diaz immediate rematch

Why did Anderson Silva fail his UFC 183 drug test? Don't ask "The Spider," because the former middleweight champion has no explanation. In fact, when his manager informed him that Nevada State Athlet read news >>

Ronda Rousey Has a Message for 'Retired' Laila Ali

If Laila Ali needs a grappling lesson, Ronda Rousey is “around.” The UFC women’s bantamweight champ recently found herself in the crosshairs of the daughter of boxing great, Muhammad Ali, during an e read news >>

Ryan LaFlare's message to fans soured on UFC Fight Night 62: 'Give me a shot'

The best laid plans of UFC matchmakers mean nothing once the injury bug set its sights on a show, and no card in 2015 has been so thoroughly stripped as UFC Fight Night 62. With names like Faber, Ass read news >>

Julianna Pena more than willing to show Ronda Rousey who is the bigger UFC bully

How do you defeat a bully? You learn to become one yourself, according to "Venezuelan Vixen." Julianna Pena recently had some strong words for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweigh read news >>

NSAC postpones Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz disciplinary hearings for failed UFC 183 drug tests upon request

Delaying the inevitable? Anderson Silva, as well as Nick Diaz, and their respective teams have formally requested that their hearings with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) be postponed until A read news >>

Morning Report: Joe Rogan defends his comments that Ronda Rousey could defeat male UFC bantamweights

Somehow, word got back to UFC commentator Joe Rogan that some people don't agree with his take that Ronda Rousey could compete with men in her weight class. Rogan contended that the UFC women's banta read news >>

Josh Koscheck vs. Erick Silva: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Josh Koscheck returns quickly after a defeat at UFC 184 to take on Erick Silva at UFC Fight Night 62 on Saturday. Silva was originally slated to face Ben Saunders, but an injury sidelined the rising read news >>

Dana White promises UFC will stand behind Anderson Silva regardless of NSAC penalty

Unsurprisingly, no mention of Nick Diaz. I got your back, bro. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White is standing behind his former middleweight champion, Anderson Silva, even afte read news >>