T. Goodlad/Sherdog.com

LAS VEGAS -- Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson bore the brunt of UFC President Dana White’s criticism during Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but he declined to fire back when the opportunity presented itself.

“It doesn’t really matter as long as he’s talking about me,” Nelson said during an open workout on Thursday. “He was impressed with my last fight, but to be honest, I thought my last fight was my least impressive.”

White often appeared aggravated with Nelson’s confidence and post-fight antics, as he defeated Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, Justin Wren and James McSweeney en route to the heavyweight final. He will attempt to consummate his reality TV journey when he meets Brendan Schaub at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Saturday at the Palms Casino Resort.

Nelson, who finished Slice and McSweeney from a topside crucifix position, has no regrets with how he performed on the show.

“I felt I did great,” he said. “I won. That’s first and foremost.”

In the final, Nelson will tackle the unbeaten Schaub, a 26-year-old Colorado native who trains alongside UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin.

“Brendan’s a tough guy,” Nelson said. “He doesn’t get flustered. If he gets in a bad position, he’s not squirming to get out. But if I do what I’m supposed to do, I should come out victorious.”

Nelson -- who will carry a two-fight losing streak into the finale -- views the bout as a culmination of his hard work. The 33-year-old pot-bellied pugilist wants to show he belongs on the big stage.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a top heavyweight,” Nelson said. “You throw me in with the lions, and I’ll be ready to bite down on the pack.”

Roy Nelson In Hot Water with Dana White and Brazilian Commission for Kicking Referee | MMAWeekly.com

Roy Nelson will likely face disciplinary action from the UFC and the Brazilian athletic commission for kicking referee John McCarthy at UFC Brasilia. read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Episode No. 5 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 24: Tournament of Champions'

Episode five of “The Ultimate Fighter 24: Tournament of Champions” opens with UFC President Dana White praising the quality of the fights so far this season, noting all five bouts so far have ended i read news >>

Former UFC fighter Justin McCully wants fighters to come together – just not as a union

UFC President Dana White said during a recent appearance on CNBC that in the UFC, "you eat what you kill." The mentality of fighters making a liveable wage only when they produce big numbers for the read news >>

What Does Dana White Think of UFC Celebrity Ownership, Especially Tom Brady? (video) | MMAWeekly.com

What are Dana White's thoughts on bringing on so many celebrity UFC investors? And who is the UFC employee that is a related to Tom Brady? read news >>

Dana White: 'I give Conor McGregor way more rope than anybody else'

UFC President Dana Whiteis still rulingout a third fight between Conor McGregor and Nate DiazWhen Conor McGregor walked with a majoritydecision win after25 minutes of hard-fought action against Nate read news >>

Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Aren't Going to Fight – Dana White | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White reiterated that he never though Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather was going to happen... and he should know. read news >>

Dana White doesn't think a trilogy fight with Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz will happen

The UFC boss explained why he isn’t sure the fight will happen but we really hope money will eventually talk and we’ll get a third and final fight between these two. read news >>

Jason High Talks Roy Nelson Ref Kick, Calls for 'Consistency' in UFC Discipline

Jason High has a fight coming up Saturday in his native Kansas City, Missouri, against a dangerous submission artist. If he can notch a victory, he has a pretty airtight case to compete for World Ser read news >>

Dana White thinks the biggest star in UFC history isâ?¦