T. Goodlad/Sherdog.com

LAS VEGAS -- Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson bore the brunt of UFC President Dana White’s criticism during Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but he declined to fire back when the opportunity presented itself.

“It doesn’t really matter as long as he’s talking about me,” Nelson said during an open workout on Thursday. “He was impressed with my last fight, but to be honest, I thought my last fight was my least impressive.”

White often appeared aggravated with Nelson’s confidence and post-fight antics, as he defeated Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, Justin Wren and James McSweeney en route to the heavyweight final. He will attempt to consummate his reality TV journey when he meets Brendan Schaub at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Saturday at the Palms Casino Resort.

Nelson, who finished Slice and McSweeney from a topside crucifix position, has no regrets with how he performed on the show.

“I felt I did great,” he said. “I won. That’s first and foremost.”

In the final, Nelson will tackle the unbeaten Schaub, a 26-year-old Colorado native who trains alongside UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin.

“Brendan’s a tough guy,” Nelson said. “He doesn’t get flustered. If he gets in a bad position, he’s not squirming to get out. But if I do what I’m supposed to do, I should come out victorious.”

Nelson -- who will carry a two-fight losing streak into the finale -- views the bout as a culmination of his hard work. The 33-year-old pot-bellied pugilist wants to show he belongs on the big stage.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a top heavyweight,” Nelson said. “You throw me in with the lions, and I’ll be ready to bite down on the pack.”

UFC Sale Video: What Happens to Dana White if the UFC is Sold?

If the UFC actually does get sold, what happens to UFC president Dana White? read news >>

Dana White says UFC 'not for sale' despite ESPN report to the contrary (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: A report Tuesday said the UFC's owners are in advanced talks to sell the business and it is expected to be valued between $3.5 billion and $4 billion. read news >>

Dana White says UFC 'not for sale' despite ESPN report (Yahoo Sports)

Dana White Denies ESPN Report: ‘The UFC is Not for Sale’

The MMA world was jolted on Tuesday when an ESPN report indicated that the UFC was for sale, but UFC president Dana White declares the report untrue. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Relationship with Conor McGregor

UFC President Dana White stated Wednesday that he's worked to repair his relationship with Conor McGregor after a period of verbal warfare that led to a brief retirement for one of the promotion's bi read news >>

Dana White and Conor McGregor Mending Fences; Floyd Mayweather a Non-Factor

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday indicated he and Conor McGregor were mending fences, but a fight with Floyd Mayweather was mostly a myth. read news >>

Dana White Continues to Shoot Down UFC Sale, but Hints at a ‘Deal’

Although Dana White on Wednesday continued to shoot down a report that the UFC was for sale, he didn't rule out a deal involving international expansion. read news >>

Dana White State of the UFC Video: Not for Sale, Anderson Silva Surgery, UFC 198, and More!

Dana White joined Colin Cowherd to breakdown all the fast moving UFC news, from the possible sale of the UFC, Anderson Silva's surgery, record crowds in Brazil, and more. read news >>

UFC Sale Rumors: Would the UFC Improve Without Dana White and the Fertittas?

On Tuesday night, ESPN that the UFC is in advanced talks to sell the promotion, hiring investment bank Goldman Sachs to represent it in discussions with at least four groups that have bid on an acqui read news >>

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? Dana Isn’t Too Into That

Dana White vs. Joe Rogan? No thanks, says Dana. Jay Glazer, though? All day long. read news >>