T. Goodlad/Sherdog.com

LAS VEGAS -- Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson bore the brunt of UFC President Dana White’s criticism during Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but he declined to fire back when the opportunity presented itself.

“It doesn’t really matter as long as he’s talking about me,” Nelson said during an open workout on Thursday. “He was impressed with my last fight, but to be honest, I thought my last fight was my least impressive.”

White often appeared aggravated with Nelson’s confidence and post-fight antics, as he defeated Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, Justin Wren and James McSweeney en route to the heavyweight final. He will attempt to consummate his reality TV journey when he meets Brendan Schaub at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Saturday at the Palms Casino Resort.

Nelson, who finished Slice and McSweeney from a topside crucifix position, has no regrets with how he performed on the show.

“I felt I did great,” he said. “I won. That’s first and foremost.”

In the final, Nelson will tackle the unbeaten Schaub, a 26-year-old Colorado native who trains alongside UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin.

“Brendan’s a tough guy,” Nelson said. “He doesn’t get flustered. If he gets in a bad position, he’s not squirming to get out. But if I do what I’m supposed to do, I should come out victorious.”

Nelson -- who will carry a two-fight losing streak into the finale -- views the bout as a culmination of his hard work. The 33-year-old pot-bellied pugilist wants to show he belongs on the big stage.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a top heavyweight,” Nelson said. “You throw me in with the lions, and I’ll be ready to bite down on the pack.”

Despite loss of Aldo vs McGregor, Dana White expects record-setting $7M gate for UFC 189

UFC 189 might have lost it's big headliner, but will still be the most profitable live event on US soil in promotion history, according to the UFC president. When it comes to promoting and marketing read news >>

Dana White warns Yoel Romero: 'America doesn't want to hear your thoughts on Jesus'

Top middleweight contender Yoel Romero momentarily found himself in hot water after allegedly making an anti-gay remark following his victory over Lyoto Machida at last weekend's (Sat., June 27, 2015 read news >>

Dana White impressed with CM Punk's progress; 'he looks phenomenal'

UFC president Dana White sings the praises of former WWE star, CM Punk. It's been seven months since the UFC signed former WWE livewire CM Punk, and he's still yet to make his Octagon debut. Punk -- read news >>

VIDEO: Dana White Announces Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor for UFC 189

Check out the official announcement from UFC president Dana White, when he revealed that Chad Mendes would be fighting Conor McGregor next week. read news >>

Dana White downplays negativity from 'awesome' UFC-Reebok deal: 'This sport is like a hair salon'

UFC President Dana White gave his thoughts on Tuesday's Reebok "Fight Kit" unveiling and said "everything about it is positive." NEW YORK--History was made on Tuesday morning (June 30, 2015) with the read news >>

Dana White on Jose Aldo's withdrawal: 'We spent a lot of money promoting that fight, it's disappointing'

A disappointed Dana White discusses Jose Aldo's removal from UFC 189. Fears of Jose Aldo's withdrawal from UFC 189 have come to life as it was announced yesterday that the featherweight champ will no read news >>

'Disappointed' Dana White explains reason Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes is for interim belt: 'Jose Aldo has pulled out o

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, flanked by his 145-pound Golden Goose, Conor McGregor, were featured on ESPN earlier this evening to announce that Featherweight champion, J read news >>

Dana White to Yoel Romero: 'America Doesn't Want to Hear Your Thoughts on Jesus'

In the Bill of Dana White, there must be a separation of church and fighting. The UFC President spoke with MMAFighting’s Ariel Helwani at the unveiling of the new Reebok uniforms about Yoel Romero’s read news >>

Dana White Says Jose Aldo Will Be Fighting Conor McGregor (Video)

UFC president Dana White talks about the unveiling of the UFC Fight Kits by Reebok, whether or not Jose Aldo will be fighting at UFC 189, and Yoel Romero's comments. read news >>

Dana White on Reebok roll-out: 'Everybody is happy with this'

To hear the UFC brass tell it, everybody is head over heels with the new Reebok UFC fight wear. read news >>