T. Goodlad/Sherdog.com

LAS VEGAS -- Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson bore the brunt of UFC President Dana White’s criticism during Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but he declined to fire back when the opportunity presented itself.

“It doesn’t really matter as long as he’s talking about me,” Nelson said during an open workout on Thursday. “He was impressed with my last fight, but to be honest, I thought my last fight was my least impressive.”

White often appeared aggravated with Nelson’s confidence and post-fight antics, as he defeated Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, Justin Wren and James McSweeney en route to the heavyweight final. He will attempt to consummate his reality TV journey when he meets Brendan Schaub at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Saturday at the Palms Casino Resort.

Nelson, who finished Slice and McSweeney from a topside crucifix position, has no regrets with how he performed on the show.

“I felt I did great,” he said. “I won. That’s first and foremost.”

In the final, Nelson will tackle the unbeaten Schaub, a 26-year-old Colorado native who trains alongside UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin.

“Brendan’s a tough guy,” Nelson said. “He doesn’t get flustered. If he gets in a bad position, he’s not squirming to get out. But if I do what I’m supposed to do, I should come out victorious.”

Nelson -- who will carry a two-fight losing streak into the finale -- views the bout as a culmination of his hard work. The 33-year-old pot-bellied pugilist wants to show he belongs on the big stage.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a top heavyweight,” Nelson said. “You throw me in with the lions, and I’ll be ready to bite down on the pack.”

Roy Nelson: ‘Derrick Lewis is the Black Fedor’ (Full Scrum Video)

Heading into his UFC Fight Night 90 "black panty night" co-main event, Roy Nelson calls his opponent, knockout artist Derrick Lewis, the Black Fedor. read news >>

Lorenzo Fertitta on Rumored UFC Sale: ‘There’s Nothing to Report’

Company CEO Lorenzo Fertitta and president Dana White continue to deny that the UFC has been sold. read news >>

Dana White on Jon Jones UFC 200 Removal: ‘This is devastating to Daniel Cormier’

While the UFC moved swiftly to elevate Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt to the UFC 200 main event, Dana White held out hope to get Daniel Cormier another fight. read news >>

Dana White Has 'Zero' Conor McGregor Regrets After Jon Jones' UFC 200 Removal

UFC president Dana White insisted he has no regrets about pulling Conor McGregor from the UFC 200 card, despite the headline bout for Saturday's Las Vegas event being removed after Jon Jones' potenti read news >>

Dana White Has ‘Zero’ Regret Pulling Conor McGregor from UFC 200

With Jon Jones having to be pull out with just three days left from UFC 200, one might think Dana White may have some regret in choosing to pull Conor McGregor. read news >>

Dana White: ‘Daniel Cormier Will Fight at UFC 200'

UFC president Dana White on Thursday declared Daniel Cormier will fight at UFC 200. Who will he face? read news >>

UFC 200 Embedded, Episode 5: Dana White Drops the Jon Jones Bomb on Daniel Cormier

On Episode 5 of UFC 200 Embedded, UFC president Dana White informs light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier that Jon Jones is out of the title fight. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 90 Results: Derrick Lewis Takes Split Decision Over Roy Nelson, Calls for Rematch

Rising heavyweight Derrick Lewis requested a fight against tenth ranked Roy Nelson and got what he asked for on Thursday in the UFC Fight Night 90 co-main event in Las Vegas. read news >>

Roy Nelson vs. Derrick Lewis Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC FN 90

Derrick Lewis defeated Roy Nelson by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) at UFC Fight Night 90. It was a clash of styles, and the Las Vegas crowd was not a fan of the scorecards that were read. We w read news >>

VIDEO: Anderson Silva and Dana White Explain Making the Fight with Daniel Cormier

UFC president Dana White and Anderson Silva talk about how it came about that Silva is stepping in to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. read news >>