T. Goodlad/Sherdog.com

LAS VEGAS -- Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson bore the brunt of UFC President Dana White’s criticism during Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but he declined to fire back when the opportunity presented itself.

“It doesn’t really matter as long as he’s talking about me,” Nelson said during an open workout on Thursday. “He was impressed with my last fight, but to be honest, I thought my last fight was my least impressive.”

White often appeared aggravated with Nelson’s confidence and post-fight antics, as he defeated Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, Justin Wren and James McSweeney en route to the heavyweight final. He will attempt to consummate his reality TV journey when he meets Brendan Schaub at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Saturday at the Palms Casino Resort.

Nelson, who finished Slice and McSweeney from a topside crucifix position, has no regrets with how he performed on the show.

“I felt I did great,” he said. “I won. That’s first and foremost.”

In the final, Nelson will tackle the unbeaten Schaub, a 26-year-old Colorado native who trains alongside UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin.

“Brendan’s a tough guy,” Nelson said. “He doesn’t get flustered. If he gets in a bad position, he’s not squirming to get out. But if I do what I’m supposed to do, I should come out victorious.”

Nelson -- who will carry a two-fight losing streak into the finale -- views the bout as a culmination of his hard work. The 33-year-old pot-bellied pugilist wants to show he belongs on the big stage.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a top heavyweight,” Nelson said. “You throw me in with the lions, and I’ll be ready to bite down on the pack.”

Dana White scolds 'despicable' Roy Nelson for kick of John McCarthy: 'He needs to be buried'

• 12 hours ago

UFC President Dana White has never been particularly fond of heavyweight Roy Nelson. It appears that’s the case even more so after “Big Country” put himself in hot water following a post-fight kick o read news >>

Can Dana White handle Conor McGregor? - 'Speak For Yourself'

• 9 hours ago

Has Conor McGregor grown too big for Dana White to control? read news >>

Who is Next for Dominick Cruz? Dana White Weighs In | MMAWeekly.com

• 8 hours ago

Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz defended his title in June at UFC 199. His next title defense is in the works, but whom he’ll face is still in question. read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

• 5 hours ago

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Episode No. 5 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 24: Tournament of Champions'

• 4 hours ago

Episode five of “The Ultimate Fighter 24: Tournament of Champions” opens with UFC President Dana White praising the quality of the fights so far this season, noting all five bouts so far have ended i read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Talks UFC Return, Dana White and Possible Comeback Opponents

Georges St-Pierre has reaffirmed his intention to make a full return to MMA and has hit back at suggestions from UFC President Dana White that he doesn’t have the desire to fight. The 35-year-old has read news >>

Dana White Says Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone Signed for UFC 205 in New York

Dana White says an exciting bout between Robbie Lawler and Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone has been inked for UFC 205 in New York. read news >>

Dana White on Mickey Gall Calling Out Sage Northcutt: ‘We’ll Make It Happen’ | MMAWeekly.com

After Mickey Gall called out Sage Northcutt following his win over CM Punk at UFC 203 on Saturday, Dana White says Northcutt is open to the bout. read news >>

Dana White Says No More Conor McGregor Fights at Welterweight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says a trilogy fight between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz is unlikely and that McGregor needs to defend his 145-pound title. read news >>

Will Dana White Still Run the UFC in 5 Years? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White is under a five-year deal to remain with the company's new ownership. But what happens when the five years is up? read news >>