T. Goodlad/Sherdog.com

LAS VEGAS -- Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson bore the brunt of UFC President Dana White’s criticism during Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but he declined to fire back when the opportunity presented itself.

“It doesn’t really matter as long as he’s talking about me,” Nelson said during an open workout on Thursday. “He was impressed with my last fight, but to be honest, I thought my last fight was my least impressive.”

White often appeared aggravated with Nelson’s confidence and post-fight antics, as he defeated Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, Justin Wren and James McSweeney en route to the heavyweight final. He will attempt to consummate his reality TV journey when he meets Brendan Schaub at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Saturday at the Palms Casino Resort.

Nelson, who finished Slice and McSweeney from a topside crucifix position, has no regrets with how he performed on the show.

“I felt I did great,” he said. “I won. That’s first and foremost.”

In the final, Nelson will tackle the unbeaten Schaub, a 26-year-old Colorado native who trains alongside UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt and undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin.

“Brendan’s a tough guy,” Nelson said. “He doesn’t get flustered. If he gets in a bad position, he’s not squirming to get out. But if I do what I’m supposed to do, I should come out victorious.”

Nelson -- who will carry a two-fight losing streak into the finale -- views the bout as a culmination of his hard work. The 33-year-old pot-bellied pugilist wants to show he belongs on the big stage.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a top heavyweight,” Nelson said. “You throw me in with the lions, and I’ll be ready to bite down on the pack.”

Is Conor McGregor the UFC's Top Pound-for-Pound Fighter? | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White recently said that Conor McGregor is the top pound-for-pound fighter. Do you agree? read news >>

Dana White Confirms UFC 208 Headliner, Again Shoots Down McGregor vs. Mayweather (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White joined Good Day New York on Thursday, confirming the headliner for UFC 208 in Brooklyn. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor could face Khabib Nurmagomedov in first lightweight title defense

With UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor set to take some time away from the octagon to begin 2017, there hasn’t been much talk of who he could fight next following his title-winning knockout of read news >>

Dana White not expecting another comeback by ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar

Never say never, but it appears Brock Lesnar’s career as a UFC fighter could be over once and for all.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Brock Lesnar Back to the UFC? Dana White Doesn't Think So | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White won't ever slam the door, but said that he doesn't think Brock Lesnar will return to MMA following his suspension. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Brock Lesnar's Future with UFC

The UFC suspended Brock Lesnar for one year and fined him $250,000 after it was revealed he failed two drug tests prior to his win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200. It appears his time in the Octagon may be read news >>

Dana White Confirms UFC 207 is Mike Goldberg's Final Broadcast | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday confirmed that Friday's UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey would be longtime commentator Mike Goldberg's final broadcast. read news >>

Dana White confirms UFC 207 is Mike Goldberg’s last event as commentator

LAS VEGAS – Friday’s UFC 207 marks the end of an era as longtime commentator Mike Goldberg will call his last event for the promotion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Video: Full Dana White media scrum ahead of UFC 207

LAS VEGAS – Dana White doesn’t spend much time with the media these days, so it was a surprise on Wednesday when he spent more than 30 minutes answering questions about Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor, read news >>

Dana White Explains Ronda Rousey's UFC 207 Media Blackout | MMAWeekly.com

So how did Ronda Rousey get away with her UFC 207 Media Blackout? UFC president Dana White explains. read news >>