Nate and Nick DiazBoth fighting Diaz brothers, Nick and Nate, have recently complained about their financial situation as it relates to their UFC contracts, going so far as to say they’d prefer to be released from their current deals to fight elsewhere than fight for the mere peanuts they now make.

After Nate Diaz tweeted a few weeks ago about wanting to be released from his UFC contract, and then opened up to MMAFighting.com about how unhappy he is with the “funny money” he’s being paid, Nick unloaded as well.

“I never considered anything other than to renegotiate my contract or fight Johny Hendricks,” Nick told MMAFighting about what his intentions were when discussing UFC president Dana White’s recent offer of a fight with Hector Lombard. “All I said was, ‘What am I getting paid?’ And he said, ‘Let me check your contract.’ And the last text I got from him was what I would be fighting for.

“I didn’t consider fighting for that kind of money. I didn’t say anything back to him, right, but usually that means something. I’m not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000. There’s no way.”

Nick Diaz seems to be standing pat on his decision not to fight for anything less than half a million dollars, but Nate appears to have acquiesced.

“I think Joe Silva (talked to Nate), and Nate said he’s ready to fight,” said White following Saturday night’s UFC 172 in Baltimore. “I told Joe to call him.”

White didn’t yet have any information on who or when Nate would fight, but had a strong opinion about his brother, whom he believes isn’t coming out of his pseudo-retirement anytime soon.

“No Nick. Nick’s got a lot of money, man,” said White. “I think Nick’s just gonna kick back until he has to fight.”

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

New York appears close to legalizing pro MMA, but UFC isn't celebrating yet (Yahoo Sports)

  • 21 days ago
  • 1 views

From Yahoo Sports: UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta is still skeptical but says he feels better about it getting done than he has in the past. read news >>

New York appears close to legalizing pro MMA, but UFC isn't celebrating yet (Yahoo Sports)

  • 21 days ago
  • 0 views

From Yahoo Sports: UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta is still skeptical but says he feels better about it getting done than he has in the past. read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Matt Brown Announced for UFC 189: Latest Details and Reaction

  • 12 days ago
  • 10 views

A marquee MMA matchup will unfold at UFC 189 on July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas when Nate Diaz and Matt Brown tangle in the Octagon. Fox Sports 1's UFC Tonight broke the news of the im read news >>

Dana White promises UFC will stand behind Anderson Silva regardless of NSAC penalty

  • 29 days ago
  • 8 views

Unsurprisingly, no mention of Nick Diaz. I got your back, bro. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White is standing behind his former middleweight champion, Anderson Silva, even afte read news >>

Ronda Rousey heads to Albany to push for legalization of MMA in New York

  • 28 days ago
  • 0 views

The UFC women's bantamweight champion will visit Albany this week and speak with Governor Andrew Cuomo and members of the State Assembly to push for MMA becoming legal in the Empire State. Ronda Rous read news >>

Ronda Rousey's latest fight is for the legalization of MMA in New York

  • 28 days ago
  • 6 views

It looks like the UFC and MMA are finally on the verge of success in the state of New York, and Zuffa is sending one of their biggest stars to try and move the agenda along. The failure of MMA to bec read news >>

Is New York finally about to legalize MMA, paving way for UFC at the Garden?

  • 28 days ago
  • 0 views

Could the state of New York finally be read to legalize MMA? After years of fighting, the end of the ban could come soon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 135 preview: Ryan Couture, son of a UFC legend, looks to make his own name in MMA

  • 28 days ago
  • 10 views

Former Strikeforce and UFC fighter Ryan Couture is currently working his way up Bellator's lightweight rankings after a successful debut last September. The next challenge ahead is Dakota Cochrane on read news >>

UFC Fight Night 62 Medical Suspensions: Ryan LaFlare Could Be out 6 Months

  • 28 days ago
  • 0 views

At UFC Fight Night 62, Ryan LaFlare suffered his first MMA loss in a bout with Demian Maia. Following the event, LaFlare received more bad news. Apparently, the up-and-coming welterweight contender i read news >>