Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira (left) says he will fight at UFC 134. | Photo: D. Herbertson/Sherdog.com


Former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira revealed Saturday on Brazilian TV show “Globo Esporte” that he will fight at UFC 134 “Rio” on Aug. 27.

Nogueira was discussing the surgeries he underwent last year -- including one on his hip and a reconstructive procedure on his knee -- when he declared that he will compete on the card, which takes place at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

“The biggest MMA promotion in the world will be back in Brazil after 14 years and I’ll be there, steady and strong.”

Nogueira did not disclose his opponent, but made clear his desire to co-headline the event, which is currently a slot expected to be filled by Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Forrest Griffin.

Anderson Silva will fight in the main event [against Yushin Okami] and I'm looking forward to fighting in the co-main event.”

The 34-year-old Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt last saw action in a February 2010 knockout loss to now-UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

Colin Foster contributed to this report.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Daniel Cormier Irate if Jon Jones Fights Anthony Johnson with Interim Belt | MMAWeekly.com

  • 16 days ago
  • 290 views

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is not happy about the idea that Jon Jones could defend the interim title against Anthony Johnson in his return. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens, Several Other Bouts Revealed for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 9 days ago
  • 38 views

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Wednesday a host of bouts for the promotion's UFC 205 fight card in New York. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Taunts Eddie Alvarez, Conor McGregor Ahead of Next UFC Fight

  • 7 days ago
  • 126 views

UFC lightweight star Khabib Nurmagomedov has revealed he’s waiting on champion Eddie Alvarez to sign a contract sanctioning an upcoming bout and has also sent a message to featherweight champion Cono read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

  • 3 days ago
  • 40 views

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>