Milton Vieira has been competing in mixed martial arts for more than a decade, but on Saturday in his home country of Brazil he will finally make his UFC debut.

A veteran of several promotions including Pride, Strikeforce and Shooto, Vieira has been all over the world competing in both MMA and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but it’s all led to this one moment in his career.

“I’m very happy for this opportunity. I’ve been working a lot in my life to get to this moment and this time,” Vieira told MMAWeekly.com.

In most MMA circles, Vieira is well known as the creator and inventor of the anaconda choke, a popular submission used regularly in the fighting world, but the Brazilian wants to be known for much more than that.

The opportunity to fight in the UFC is a dream come true for Vieira, but even more over is the chance to make his debut in his home country of Brazil.

Vieira has been a mainstay in the Brazilian fight scene for years, earning his black belt under former UFC champion Murilo Bustamante, and training and working in his home country. Now he gets to fight in front of his home fans and it just so happens to be in the UFC.

“I think God made this moment for me because if I had been in the UFC before, I couldn’t take it. Because in Brazil this is the best time for MMA, everybody in Brazil loves MMA, everybody talks about MMA, it’s a good moment,” Vieira said.

“When I signed with the UFC I didn’t know where I would fight. But when I knew about UFC Brazil, I couldn’t believe that, I wanted this so much. My friends and family can see this, and this is the best fight for me.”

For his debut fight, Vieira takes on fellow Brazilian Felipe Arantas at UFC 147.

On paper, Vieira knows that everybody expects this to be the classic striker vs. grappler fight, but he knows it can be so much more.

That’s not to say, however, that Vieira is unaware of the area where he will most likely end this fight.

“He’s a good striker, but I’m very good on the ground, with jiu-jitsu, but I love striking, too. I love training Muay Thai. I’ve been training Muay Thai a long time. But everybody knows I’m the best on the ground,” said Vieira.

No matter what it takes, Vieira is committed to coming away from UFC 147 with a victory and making his family and friends in Brazil proud.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Conor McGregor? He's no Brock Lesnar, according to Frank Mir

UFC heavyweight veteran Frank Mir compares Conor McGregor to WWE powerhouse, Brock Lesnar. In a two-year span, Irish sensation Conor McGregor has established himself as one of the UFC's most notoriou read news >>

Veteran cutman Stitch Duran: Reebok should've asked for feedback on cutman gear

Saturday night’s UFC 189 event was the first under the umbrella of Reebok’s new sponsorship deal. The new look for the fighters has been met with mixed reviews, but the change in attire hasn’t affect read news >>

TUF 21 Finale results: Josh Samman chokes out BJJ black belt Caio Magalhaes

LAS VEGAS – “The Ultimate Fighter 17” veteran Josh Samman came out against Caio Magalhaes looking like he wanted to recreate a highlight-reel knockout.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 189: Thomas Almeida 'respects' Brad Pickett, but will 'look for knockout all the time'

Thomas Almeida wants to knockout seasoned veteran Brad Pickett at UFC 189, but feels no need to be rushed with his career. One of the hottest young prospects in the UFC right now, Thomas Almeida will read news >>

Sean Grande replaces veteran Bellator brodcaster Sean Wheelock

Bellator has its first major change in the broadcast booth since the fight promotion introduced Sean Wheelock and Jimmy Smith in 2010.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

The Downes Side: UFC 189 Predictions

UFC / WEC veteran Dan Downes talks strategy and predictions for UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor, taking place Saturday, July 11... read news >>

Antonio Braga Neto out, Dominique Steele in against Zak Cummings at UFC on FOX 16

Strikeforce and Bellator veteran Dominique Steele will have an opportunity to compete on the big stage of the UFC after Antonio Braga Neto was forced out of his UFC on FOX 16 bout with Zak Cummings.F read news >>

Who's got 'The Edge' in Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes at UFC 189?

Who’s got the edge in Saturday’s UFC 189 main event between Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes? Veteran MMA analyst “Showdown” Joe Ferraro goes inside the headliner in this week’s edition of “The Edge.”F read news >>

UFC Veteran Will Chope to Face Isao Kobayashi at Pancrase 269

UFC veteran Will Chope will be back in MMA action on Aug. 9 when he takes on Isao Kobayashi at Pancrase 269. read news >>

Jackson? Longo? Cordeiro? Mendez? Roufus explains how to pick right gym, right trainer

Veteran trainer Duke Roufus’ Milwaukee gym has emerged as one of the top camps in MMA. But he’s the first to admit it might not be the best fit for everyone.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>