35-Mike-Kyle-SF030411-478x270Inconsistency has ruled much of the last couple years for World Series of Fighting heavyweight Mike “MAK” Kyle.

Having alternated wins and losses in his last five bouts (with one no contest), Kyle acknowledges things haven’t been their best of late, but having signed with the WSOF, he feels he’ll now have the opportunity to put things on a positive track for an extended period of time.

MMA as a sport is filled with ups and downs for anyone’s career,” he said. “It’s hard to lose a fight. You put so much work into camp and to go out there and not perform to your ability makes it tough.

“Things are going good now. I’m happy to be part of an organization that wants to have me and I think I’m in a good position to showcase my sills. I’m happy and am starting to enjoy MMA.”

Kyle told MMAWeekly.com that he probably put too much pressure on himself in the past, which caused him to make mistakes in basic situations that cost him fights.

“I put too much pressure on myself,” he said. “I’m a poor sport and I don’t like to lose.

“It’d be different if you go out and lose in a fight that’s a great show where you just beat the crap out of each other – I can lose that way – but when you go out there and you lose in the first round from something you go over every day, it’s like beating yourself.”

With a positive attitude going into his WSOF debut on Saturday against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-10), Kyle (20-9-1) feels the bout could be the most explosive one of the evening.

“My thing to win the fight is just to stay up and use my speed and land that knockout punch,” said Kyle. “There’s going to be some heavy bombs thrown back and forth. People should be excited for this one.”

When asked if he felt the fight could end quickly due to the power both he and his opponent possess, Kyle said, “Going in looking for the knockout isn’t the best strategy. So my thing is go out there, do my movement, have fun with it, and when the knock out comes, it comes.”

With the ups and downs he’s experienced over the past couple years behind him, Kyle is looking to close out his career on a positive note, starting this Saturday at the WSOF.

“I’m looking at this new opportunity as a chance of a lifetime,” he said. “I have a promotion behind me that I’m going into a main event for, I’m making good money, and I’m continuing my career.

“They want to see me succeed and finish off my career with some exciting fights.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Lightweight Melvin Guillard signs with Bellator

Melvin Guillard's rocky World Series of Fighting tenure is now in the past as the lightweight has signed with Bellator. The next chapter in Melvin Guillard's up-and-down career will take place inside read news >>

Champ Demetrious Johnson: My record is going to be very, very hard to break

With four finishes in his past five fights, UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has a lot to smile about. Even better, he’s now a record-holder in the promotion for the latest submission in a U read news >>

Video: Go behind the scenes of UFC 186 in Montreal in 'The Thrill and Agony'

The UFC returned to Canada this past week for UFC 186, featuring a flyweight title fight and some history. See the UFC’s new video “The Thrill and Agony” to go behind the scenes in Montreal.Filed und read news >>

Johny Hendricks: I see myself as UFC's No. 1 welterweight contender

Former UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks gave up an opportunity to get his title back when he elected to fight at UFC 185 rather than wait for a rubber match with champ Robbie Lawler.Filed un read news >>

Daniel Cormier sends message to Jon Jones: 'Get it together, man'

One man’s misfortune can be another’s opportunity, and Daniel Cormier has been granted the opportunity to compete for a UFC title for a second consecutive fight at UFC 187.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

The Question: How Should the UFC Handle the Jon Jones Problem?

Unless you've been living under a rock the past two days, you know all about the current shenanigans surrounding UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Just in case, here's a quick recap: Jones wa read news >>

Back in the UFC, Rampage Jackson is on a Mission to Avenge Past Losses

Now that Rampage is officially back in the UFC after a contractual dispute with his previous employer, Bellator MMA, Quinton Jackson wants to avenge his previous losses. read news >>

Report: Injury forces Gilbert Burns out of Norman Parke fight; Francisco Trinaldo steps up

An undisclosed injury forced Gilbert Burns to leave his upcoming bout with Norman Parke at UFC: Fight Night 67. Franciso Trinaldo stepped up to replace him. Gilbert Burns will have to wait a little l read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (noon ET): UFC 186 recap, Jon Jones discussion

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) as we recap this past weekend’s UFC 186 event and discuss the latest news and legal woes surrounding UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones.Filed un read news >>