35-Mike-Kyle-SF030411-478x270Inconsistency has ruled much of the last couple years for World Series of Fighting heavyweight Mike “MAK” Kyle.

Having alternated wins and losses in his last five bouts (with one no contest), Kyle acknowledges things haven’t been their best of late, but having signed with the WSOF, he feels he’ll now have the opportunity to put things on a positive track for an extended period of time.

MMA as a sport is filled with ups and downs for anyone’s career,” he said. “It’s hard to lose a fight. You put so much work into camp and to go out there and not perform to your ability makes it tough.

“Things are going good now. I’m happy to be part of an organization that wants to have me and I think I’m in a good position to showcase my sills. I’m happy and am starting to enjoy MMA.”

Kyle told MMAWeekly.com that he probably put too much pressure on himself in the past, which caused him to make mistakes in basic situations that cost him fights.

“I put too much pressure on myself,” he said. “I’m a poor sport and I don’t like to lose.

“It’d be different if you go out and lose in a fight that’s a great show where you just beat the crap out of each other – I can lose that way – but when you go out there and you lose in the first round from something you go over every day, it’s like beating yourself.”

With a positive attitude going into his WSOF debut on Saturday against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-10), Kyle (20-9-1) feels the bout could be the most explosive one of the evening.

“My thing to win the fight is just to stay up and use my speed and land that knockout punch,” said Kyle. “There’s going to be some heavy bombs thrown back and forth. People should be excited for this one.”

When asked if he felt the fight could end quickly due to the power both he and his opponent possess, Kyle said, “Going in looking for the knockout isn’t the best strategy. So my thing is go out there, do my movement, have fun with it, and when the knock out comes, it comes.”

With the ups and downs he’s experienced over the past couple years behind him, Kyle is looking to close out his career on a positive note, starting this Saturday at the WSOF.

“I’m looking at this new opportunity as a chance of a lifetime,” he said. “I have a promotion behind me that I’m going into a main event for, I’m making good money, and I’m continuing my career.

“They want to see me succeed and finish off my career with some exciting fights.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Unbeaten Prospect Phil Hawes Makes Quick Turnaround, Faces Louis Taylor at WSOF 32

World Series of Fighting announced today that undefeated prospect Phil Hawes will make a quick turnaround and step back in the decagon cage just six weeks after his promotional debut. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Jon Jones Plans to Fight ‘A Hell of A Lot More Often’

A more mature Jon Jones has emerged from a troubled past and wants to be more of a company man. He also plans to fight "a hell of a lot more often." read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Trades Past Troubles for UFC Gold, Possible Bout with McGregor

It was over three years ago when Eddie Alvarez’s career was stuck in limbo. Embroiled in dueling lawsuits with his then-promoter Bellator, Alvarez’s biggest fights took place in courtrooms, where he read news >>

Cat Zingano Could Have Quit Fighting, but Didn’t Want to be a Product of Circumstance (UFC 200 Video)

The past couple of years have been rough for UFC bantamweight contender Cat Zingano, but as a proud mom, she refused to give up. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anderson Silva Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Daniel Cormier might have been robbed of his opportunity to test himself against Jon Jones, but he still beat a fighter with a case to be considered the greatest of all time at UFC 200. The light hea read news >>

Lorenz Larkin Steps in for Short-Notice Fight with Neil Magny at UFC 202

Lorenz Larkin has agreed to take a short-notice fight with Neil Magny at UFC 202. read news >>

Mizuki Inoue Steps in as Late Replacement at Invicta FC 18

Invicta Fighting Championships has announced that Mizuki Inoue as the replacement for undefeated Indian fighter Manjit Kolekar at Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel. read news >>

WSOF Signs UFC and Bellator Veteran Paul Bradley

World Series of Fighting announced on Thursday that it has signed UFC and Bellator veteran Paul Bradley. read news >>

Oli Thompson Ready for ‘Huge Opportunity’ Against Matt Mitrione at Bellator 158

Heavyweight Oli Thompson knows he faces a big challenge at Bellator 158 in London on July 15 when he faces UFC veteran Matt Mitrione at the O2 Arena. read news >>