35-Mike-Kyle-SF030411-478x270Inconsistency has ruled much of the last couple years for World Series of Fighting heavyweight Mike “MAK” Kyle.

Having alternated wins and losses in his last five bouts (with one no contest), Kyle acknowledges things haven’t been their best of late, but having signed with the WSOF, he feels he’ll now have the opportunity to put things on a positive track for an extended period of time.

MMA as a sport is filled with ups and downs for anyone’s career,” he said. “It’s hard to lose a fight. You put so much work into camp and to go out there and not perform to your ability makes it tough.

“Things are going good now. I’m happy to be part of an organization that wants to have me and I think I’m in a good position to showcase my sills. I’m happy and am starting to enjoy MMA.”

Kyle told MMAWeekly.com that he probably put too much pressure on himself in the past, which caused him to make mistakes in basic situations that cost him fights.

“I put too much pressure on myself,” he said. “I’m a poor sport and I don’t like to lose.

“It’d be different if you go out and lose in a fight that’s a great show where you just beat the crap out of each other – I can lose that way – but when you go out there and you lose in the first round from something you go over every day, it’s like beating yourself.”

With a positive attitude going into his WSOF debut on Saturday against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-10), Kyle (20-9-1) feels the bout could be the most explosive one of the evening.

“My thing to win the fight is just to stay up and use my speed and land that knockout punch,” said Kyle. “There’s going to be some heavy bombs thrown back and forth. People should be excited for this one.”

When asked if he felt the fight could end quickly due to the power both he and his opponent possess, Kyle said, “Going in looking for the knockout isn’t the best strategy. So my thing is go out there, do my movement, have fun with it, and when the knock out comes, it comes.”

With the ups and downs he’s experienced over the past couple years behind him, Kyle is looking to close out his career on a positive note, starting this Saturday at the WSOF.

“I’m looking at this new opportunity as a chance of a lifetime,” he said. “I have a promotion behind me that I’m going into a main event for, I’m making good money, and I’m continuing my career.

“They want to see me succeed and finish off my career with some exciting fights.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

With Bellator Contract on the Line, Bobby Brents Sees Right Through Shamrock FC Opponent

• a day ago

Bobby Brents isn't looking past Shamrock FC opponent Bubba Grant, but he sees right through him with an eye on a Bellator contract. read news >>

VIDEO: Is Chris Camozzi One of the Best Muay Thai Fighters in Brazil?

• 13 hours ago

UFC middleweight Chris Camozzi steps into the Octagon opposite Vitor Miranda at UFC Fight Night 88, hoping to work his way into title contention. read news >>

Unbeaten James Vick Steps in to Face Evan Dunham at UFC 199

Lightweight Evan Dunham found out this week that he'd be facing a new opponent at UFC 199. read news >>

Bryan Nuro Sees Justin Harrington as His Stepping Stone to the UFC or Bellator

A win over SFL champ Justin Harrington is Bryan Nuro's stepping stone to the big leagues. read news >>

World Series of Fighting 32 Gets New Main Event and Second Title Fight

World Series of Fighting has announced a new main event and second championship rematch between for WSOF 32: Moraes vs. Hill on July 30. read news >>

Phil Davis Has to Get Past King Mo First, but His Eyes are on the Bellator Belt

Phil Davis has a tough fight in King Mo Lawal ahead of him at Bellator 154 on Saturday night, but he can't help but shift his eyes towards the Bellator belt. read news >>

Cole Miller Steps In To Face B.J. Penn at UFC 199

24 hours after Dennis Siver withdrew from UFC 199 due to an undisclosed injury, the UFC has found a replacement to face former lightweight champion B.J. Penn on the June 4 fight card. read news >>

World Series of Fighting Signs Undefeated Prospect Phil Hawes

World Series of Fighting has signed undefeated middleweight prospect Phil Hawes (3-0) to an exclusive, multi-year promotional agreement. read news >>

BJ Penn Pulled from UFC 199: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC fans will not get the opportunity to watch BJ Penn square off against Cole Miller at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. According to a statement on the UFC’s official website, Penn was suspended b read news >>

BJ Penn Pulled from UFC 199: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction