35-Mike-Kyle-SF030411-478x270Inconsistency has ruled much of the last couple years for World Series of Fighting heavyweight Mike “MAK” Kyle.

Having alternated wins and losses in his last five bouts (with one no contest), Kyle acknowledges things haven’t been their best of late, but having signed with the WSOF, he feels he’ll now have the opportunity to put things on a positive track for an extended period of time.

MMA as a sport is filled with ups and downs for anyone’s career,” he said. “It’s hard to lose a fight. You put so much work into camp and to go out there and not perform to your ability makes it tough.

“Things are going good now. I’m happy to be part of an organization that wants to have me and I think I’m in a good position to showcase my sills. I’m happy and am starting to enjoy MMA.”

Kyle told MMAWeekly.com that he probably put too much pressure on himself in the past, which caused him to make mistakes in basic situations that cost him fights.

“I put too much pressure on myself,” he said. “I’m a poor sport and I don’t like to lose.

“It’d be different if you go out and lose in a fight that’s a great show where you just beat the crap out of each other – I can lose that way – but when you go out there and you lose in the first round from something you go over every day, it’s like beating yourself.”

With a positive attitude going into his WSOF debut on Saturday against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-10), Kyle (20-9-1) feels the bout could be the most explosive one of the evening.

“My thing to win the fight is just to stay up and use my speed and land that knockout punch,” said Kyle. “There’s going to be some heavy bombs thrown back and forth. People should be excited for this one.”

When asked if he felt the fight could end quickly due to the power both he and his opponent possess, Kyle said, “Going in looking for the knockout isn’t the best strategy. So my thing is go out there, do my movement, have fun with it, and when the knock out comes, it comes.”

With the ups and downs he’s experienced over the past couple years behind him, Kyle is looking to close out his career on a positive note, starting this Saturday at the WSOF.

“I’m looking at this new opportunity as a chance of a lifetime,” he said. “I have a promotion behind me that I’m going into a main event for, I’m making good money, and I’m continuing my career.

“They want to see me succeed and finish off my career with some exciting fights.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

The Rebirth of Dominick Cruz

UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has been through the wringer. In the past five years, he's suffered four major injuries. After the first round of issues, he spent three years on the shelf. Th read news >>

WWE Confirms Brock Lesnar Still Under Contract, Despite UFC 200 “One-Off Opportunity”

WWE on Saturday night confirmed that Brock Lesnar remains under contract, despite a "one-off" return to the Octagon at UFC 200. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

• 1986 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Anthony Pettis' Move to Featherweight Is an Opportunity for Reinvention

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has hit the MMA equivalent of a brick wall in the last 15 months. Showtime, the sure-thing future star who graced a Wheaties box and inspired a whole se read news >>

Mike Arrant Replaces Injured Thiago Meller, Faces John Howard at WSOF 31

World Series of Fighting announced today that Thiago Meller has withdrawn from his scheduled welterweight contest against John Howard, who will now face Mike Arrant at WSOF 31. read news >>

Joseph Gigliotti Hoping RFA 39 Leads to a UFC Debut

Following a nearly year-long layoff, middleweight prospect Joseph Gigliotti returned to MMA this past January and picked right up where he had left off in 2015. read news >>

Michael Chandler Motived By Opportunity and Challenge Heading into Bellator 157

Michael Chandler is focus on the rematch of a 2011 bout with Patricky “Pitbull” Freire for the vacant Bellator 155-pound title on June 24 in St. Louis, Missouri. read news >>

Paige VanZant Shot Down WWE and Movie Role for UFC Return

UFC strawweight Paige VanZant shot down WWE opportunity and a major movie role to fight Bec Rawlings. read news >>

Jon Jones Content at 205 Pounds, Would Consider Moving Up for UFC Heavyweight Title Shot

Despite past talk about moving to heavyweight, as UFC 200 approaches, Jon Jones currently finds few compelling reasons to make the move. read news >>

Unbeaten Prospect Phil Hawes Makes Quick Turnaround, Faces Louis Taylor at WSOF 32

World Series of Fighting announced today that undefeated prospect Phil Hawes will make a quick turnaround and step back in the decagon cage just six weeks after his promotional debut. read news >>