35-Mike-Kyle-SF030411-478x270Inconsistency has ruled much of the last couple years for World Series of Fighting heavyweight Mike “MAK” Kyle.

Having alternated wins and losses in his last five bouts (with one no contest), Kyle acknowledges things haven’t been their best of late, but having signed with the WSOF, he feels he’ll now have the opportunity to put things on a positive track for an extended period of time.

MMA as a sport is filled with ups and downs for anyone’s career,” he said. “It’s hard to lose a fight. You put so much work into camp and to go out there and not perform to your ability makes it tough.

“Things are going good now. I’m happy to be part of an organization that wants to have me and I think I’m in a good position to showcase my sills. I’m happy and am starting to enjoy MMA.”

Kyle told MMAWeekly.com that he probably put too much pressure on himself in the past, which caused him to make mistakes in basic situations that cost him fights.

“I put too much pressure on myself,” he said. “I’m a poor sport and I don’t like to lose.

“It’d be different if you go out and lose in a fight that’s a great show where you just beat the crap out of each other – I can lose that way – but when you go out there and you lose in the first round from something you go over every day, it’s like beating yourself.”

With a positive attitude going into his WSOF debut on Saturday against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-10), Kyle (20-9-1) feels the bout could be the most explosive one of the evening.

“My thing to win the fight is just to stay up and use my speed and land that knockout punch,” said Kyle. “There’s going to be some heavy bombs thrown back and forth. People should be excited for this one.”

When asked if he felt the fight could end quickly due to the power both he and his opponent possess, Kyle said, “Going in looking for the knockout isn’t the best strategy. So my thing is go out there, do my movement, have fun with it, and when the knock out comes, it comes.”

With the ups and downs he’s experienced over the past couple years behind him, Kyle is looking to close out his career on a positive note, starting this Saturday at the WSOF.

“I’m looking at this new opportunity as a chance of a lifetime,” he said. “I have a promotion behind me that I’m going into a main event for, I’m making good money, and I’m continuing my career.

“They want to see me succeed and finish off my career with some exciting fights.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Alvarez vs. McGregor: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 205

Conor McGregor has the opportunity to send his already notorious legacy into orbit on Saturday, November 12, when he takes on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. The UFC featherweight champion will look to bec read news >>

One to Watch: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC ?It's finally here. Saturday night sees the UFC hold its first ever event in New York City, at Madison Square Garden no less, and is celebrating in the most appropri read news >>

Miesha Tate Announces Her Retirement at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Miesha Tate has been fighting for the past decade, but she's had enough. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Frankie Edgar waited too long to let this opportunity get away from him, and Saturday night at UFC 205 the New Jersey native made good on his first fight at Madison Square Garden by way of a unanimou read news >>

Storming off stage? Dana White clarifies Ronda Rousey's quick exit after UFC 207 face-off

This past week former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey made a rare appearance during a face-off with upcoming UFC 207 opponent and current titleholder Amanda Nunes. She then appeared to read news >>

Keri Melendez Carries the Weight of Expectation into Her MMA Debut | MMAWeekly.com

It’s safe to say that over the past year, few fighters have had the level of expectations placed upon them that Keri Melendez has. read news >>

Ryan Bader and Rogerio Nogueira Talk Rematch, Six Years in the Making (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Ryan Bader and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira talk about the past and their first fight six years ago, as well as the future and what they see happening this time. read news >>

OK, UFC 205 was huge, but it didn't break all the records

This past weekend’s UFC 205 event was a big one, based on numerous metrics. But it didn’t break all the records.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 99 headliner Gegard Mousasi sees title path going through Hall, then Rockhold

BELFAST, Northern Ireland – Although Gegard Mousasi has mentioned his desire to rematch Uriah Hall time and time again since suffering a massive upset loss to "Primetime" at UFC Fight Night 75 in Sep read news >>

Despite past accusations, Gegard Mousasi says Lyoto Machida's USADA suspension 'a little bit too much'

BELFAST, Northern Ireland – Gegard Mousasi has made plenty of strong statements about Lyoto Machida in the past. However, even he thinks the recent 18-month suspension handed out to the former UFC li read news >>