Mike Kyle Announces Jan. 12 Strikeforce Booking against Gegard Mousasi
A light heavyweight showdown between Mike Kyle
is being targeted for Strikeforce’s
Kyle announced the news in a YouTube video on Thursday. Mousasi and
Kyle have been slated to meet on three occasions in the past, but
injuries have always prevented the two from actually crossing
Strikeforce’s upcoming show takes place Jan. 12 at the Chesapeake
Energy Arena in Oklahoma City and airs live on Showtime, delayed on
the West Coast. The evening’s preliminary draw will be broadcast
immediately prior on sister network Showtime Extreme.
Kyle, 32, has won five of his last seven fights. The American
Kickboxing Academy representative was last seen on May 19, when he
was knocked out by former Strikeforce
light heavyweight king Rafael
Cavalcante in just 33 seconds. However, that defeat was changed
to a no contest by the California State Athletic Commission after
“Feijao” failed his post-fight drug test. A
WEC veteran, Kyle owns 12 of his 19 career wins by knockout and
has gone the distance just four times in his 11 years as a pro.
Mousasi, 27, has held both the Strikeforce and Dream light
heavyweight titles, winning the latter belt in 2009 but losing it
Lawal in just his first defense. The Iranian-born Dutchman then
captured Dream’s championship in 2010 and defended it successfully
Izumi last year. Most recently, “The Dreamcatcher” squared off
with rising talent Ovince St.
Preux this past December, taking a unanimous decision from the
former University of Tennessee linebacker at “Melendez vs.
view original article >>
Gegard Mousasi was not pleased to find out about the UFC 176 cancellation through social media.
Last night the UFC broke the news that UFC 176 was scrubbed from the calendar after failing to find a main event to replace Jose Aldo/Chad Mendes 2. Gegard Mousasi was scheduled to be the co-main event opposite fellow middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza, but that fight along with the rest of the card will be rescheduled across several different UFC shows.
All of this was brand new to Mousasi, who pos more
Poor guy is always the last to know...
Gegard Mousasi had no idea his fight against Ronaldo Souza was no longer taking place in Los Angeles.
That is, until he went on social media and discovered the promotion had "postponed" its UFC 176 pay-per-view (PPV) event. That means "The Dreamcatcher," by his own account, trained six weeks "for nothing," and took to his official Facebook page (via James Lynch) to put his employer on blast.
Have a look: And the follow up (via Bloody Elbow): The good news i more
The fight between former Strikeforce champions Ronaldo Souza and Gegard Mousasi that originally was set for the co-main event of UFC 176 now will take place at UFC Fight Night 50. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC more
The UFC 176 co-main event bout between Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Gegard Mousasi, like several other bouts on the cancelled fight card, has already found a new home, as of Wednesday morning. more
The UFC's decision to cancel UFC 176 left co-headliner Gegard Mousasi a little frustrated.
Mousasi, who was scheduled to fight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles, took to Facebook to voice his displeasure with the way yesterday's news broke: On Wednesday, Mousasi's manager Nima Safapour explained his client's stance:
"Zuffa reached out to us in advance shortly before the media became aware that the event was postponed," he said. "However, due to the time zone differences between Hol more
Gegard Mousasi's manager says his client was in Holland when news broke that UFC 176 had been cancelled, and due to the nine-hour time difference in the U.S., he couldn't reach him to inform him of the news before it made its way online. Gegard Mousasi wasn't too pleased with the fact that he had to rely on social media to discover that his scheduled fight against Ronaldo Souza at UFC 176, which was set to go down on Aug. 2, 2014, was "postponed" due to the cancellation of UFC 176.
"The Dreamcat more
In his first video blog for Saturday’s UFC 175 event, UFC President Dana White takes us on the road with Mike Tyson and to Asia for PR duties.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos more
Fight week, blog week! Dana White's video blog series is back for UFC 175: "Weidman vs. Machida," which takes place this weekend (Sat., July 5, 2014) at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Follow White, who is joined by Mike Tyson (what a DICK!) during a New York media appearance, before he departs for an all-Asia tour (Hong Kong, China, Japan) to handle some very important business (more details here and here). Michael Bisping vs. Cung Le, Stun Gun Kim (he's not thrilled) and much more
Leading up to his UFC Fight Night 44 bout with Niko Musoke, TUF 17 winner Kelvin Gastelum called nutritionist Mike Dolce's program "expensive."
But Gastelum missed weight by nearly two pounds, which caused the welterweight to forfeit 20 percent of his purse and may have cost him a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus after his decision win.
"Dana White was going to give him a $50,000 bonus for performance of the night," Dolce said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "But because he missed wei more