Mike JasperWhile it might have been more difficult than anticipated, Mike Jasper managed to pick up his sixth win in a row to start his career with an unblemished record. He defeated Kyle Bolt recently at BAMMA USA Badbeat 7.

“It took me a little longer to get beyond that whole height and length advantage,” said Jasper of his victory over Bolt. “I was four or five inches shorter than my opponent, but once I figured it out, I was pretty much executing the game plan; straight punches, work staying out of his guard and finish the fight.”

More so than a victory, Jasper learned a good lesson that will help his blossoming career in the long run.

“In the first round, he caught me and busted my nose up a little bit, and I’ve never had that happen to me, and he kind of took me down off a slip at the end of the round, so in the judges’ eyes, I’m bleeding and got taken down, so I was facing a little bit of adversity,” he said.

“My coaches and I know that it’s a big deal to face adversity, make adjustments and get the win.”

Just over a year into his career, Jasper knows that dealing with adversity is far from the last thing he needs to learn as he moves forward.

“I feel that I’ve still got plenty to learn and plenty of lessons that will come up in future fights,” he said. “I’ve just got to continue to progress and get more comfortable in the cage and keep this streaking going as long as possible.

“I’m far from peaking and I know there is plenty more that I’ll get to learn and I look forward to it.”

Having established himself in California as an up-and-comer to watch for, Jasper told MMAWeekly.com that next 2013 could be a breakout year for him to get some nationwide recognition.

“Right now, we’d like to continue to move up,” he said. “BAMMA USA has been good to us, and I’ve fought for them four times now, but I’d like to get up into a Legacy, Titan or some kind of televised fighting and start climbing up the ladder.

“I have to heal up a little bit because my nose got busted up, so I will have to take a little bit of time off to let things get back to normal so I can punched in the face again. I will continue to stay in shape for any opportunity that presents itself. I’ve never been scared to take any fight that comes up.”

(Photo courtesy of Mike Jasper)

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 78

After a 2-3 showing at UFC 193 (and overall record of 7-3), we want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 78 event in Mexico.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 193 post-fight facts: Joanna Jedrzejczyk sets title-fight striking record

For more on Saturday’s two title fights and a major upset, check out 45 post-fight facts to come out of UFC 193.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm Sets Attendance Record

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm was expected to set the organization’s attendance record, and it did just that. read news >>

UFC 193 draws reported 56,214 attendance to set new company record

MELBOURNE, Australia – By fewer than 500 fans, the UFC set its new attendance record at Saturday night’s UFC 193. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Can UFC 193 headliner Ronda Rousey set attendance record?

MELBOURNE, Australia — Ronda Rousey’s match-up with Holly Holm at UFC 193 tonight is set to break the all-time attendance record for a mixed martial arts event.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Comments on Expected Gate for Rousey vs. Holm, UFC 193

Ronda Rousey will put her undefeated record on the line at UFC 193 in Australia against Holly Holm on Saturday. According to Damon Martin of Fox Sports, the fight is anticipated to break the all-time read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77 post-fight facts: Almeida's winning streak hits 20, KO record and more

The UFC's final stop in Brazil this year was a good one. Eight of 13 fights ended in a stoppage and multiple UFC record were set or tied. [autotag]Vitor Belfort[/autotag] (25-11 MMA, 14-7 UFC) scored read news >>

UFC Sao Paulo Results: Gleison Tibau Scores Record-Setting Win Over Abel Trujillo

Gleison Tibau continued to set records on Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 77, securing a first-round victory over Abel Trujillo. read news >>

UFC 193 Free Fight Video: Ronda Rousey Taps Cat Zingano in Record Time

UFC champion Ronda Rousey is known for her quick finishes, but she took that to an entirely new level with her win over Cat Zingano. read news >>