Mike JasperWhile it might have been more difficult than anticipated, Mike Jasper managed to pick up his sixth win in a row to start his career with an unblemished record. He defeated Kyle Bolt recently at BAMMA USA Badbeat 7.

“It took me a little longer to get beyond that whole height and length advantage,” said Jasper of his victory over Bolt. “I was four or five inches shorter than my opponent, but once I figured it out, I was pretty much executing the game plan; straight punches, work staying out of his guard and finish the fight.”

More so than a victory, Jasper learned a good lesson that will help his blossoming career in the long run.

“In the first round, he caught me and busted my nose up a little bit, and I’ve never had that happen to me, and he kind of took me down off a slip at the end of the round, so in the judges’ eyes, I’m bleeding and got taken down, so I was facing a little bit of adversity,” he said.

“My coaches and I know that it’s a big deal to face adversity, make adjustments and get the win.”

Just over a year into his career, Jasper knows that dealing with adversity is far from the last thing he needs to learn as he moves forward.

“I feel that I’ve still got plenty to learn and plenty of lessons that will come up in future fights,” he said. “I’ve just got to continue to progress and get more comfortable in the cage and keep this streaking going as long as possible.

“I’m far from peaking and I know there is plenty more that I’ll get to learn and I look forward to it.”

Having established himself in California as an up-and-comer to watch for, Jasper told MMAWeekly.com that next 2013 could be a breakout year for him to get some nationwide recognition.

“Right now, we’d like to continue to move up,” he said. “BAMMA USA has been good to us, and I’ve fought for them four times now, but I’d like to get up into a Legacy, Titan or some kind of televised fighting and start climbing up the ladder.

“I have to heal up a little bit because my nose got busted up, so I will have to take a little bit of time off to let things get back to normal so I can punched in the face again. I will continue to stay in shape for any opportunity that presents itself. I’ve never been scared to take any fight that comes up.”

(Photo courtesy of Mike Jasper)

UFC 190: Results and Reactions from Biggest Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

Ronda Rousey retained her bantamweight championship and improved her record to 12-0 Saturday night at UFC 190 in what's become typical Rousey-fight fashion: unsparing, unrelenting and under a minute. read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia: Updated Odds, Predictions Before Weigh-in

Ronda Rousey will put her unbeaten record on the line and attempt to defend her UFC women's bantamweight title for the sixth time Saturday night when she faces Brazilian powerhouse Bethe Correia in t read news >>

Experience on Ronda Rousey's side

ESPN writer Brett Okamoto gives his take Ronda Rousey's mindset as she will record her sixth UFC title defense Saturday when faces Bethe Correia at UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro. read news >>

Dana White sets record straight on firing UFC cutman 'Stitch' Duran: 'We were never friends'

UFC's president tries to quell the situation surrounding the fight promotion's abrupt firing of longtime cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran last week. Many folks in the mixed martial arts (MMA) community cr read news >>

UFC on FOX 16 pre-fight facts: Renan Barao has a crazy takedown-defense record

To go behind the numbers of the main event and the rest of Saturday’s FOX-televised event at Chicago’s United Center, check out 45 pre-fight facts about UFC on FOX 16.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Paul Daley says Josh Koscheck rematch would shatter Kimbo-Shamrock ratings record

It's hard to blame Paul Daley for being happy with how things are turning out in 2015 Not only did the veteran British pugilist return to North America after a long absence, but he's got his next sev read news >>

UFC Fight Night 72 pre-fight facts: Bisping on edge of 185-pound fight-time record

Check out some of the most interesting facts and stats for the fighters of UFC Fight Night 72.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 71 post-fight facts: Frank Mir sets record for first-round finishes

More than 5,000 days into his UFC career, Frank Mir continues to etch his name in the company’s record books with his thrilling victories. Take a look behind the numbers of a thrilling UFC Fight Nigh read news >>

UFC 189 draws announced attendance of 16,019 for record $7.2 million live gate

LAS VEGAS – Saturday’s UFC 189 event drew an announced attendance of 16,019 for a live gate of $7.2 million.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 189's Conor McGregor is just 26 and already 'holds every record in the game'

Once again, Conor McGregor dominated the questions and media attention at Thursday's (July 9, 2015) UFC 189 press conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. The chatty Irish fighter said he is the sole reason read news >>