Mike Bronzoulis XFCFor welterweight Mike Bronzoulis, the last several weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Originally scheduled to fight Jay Hieron in July for Legacy FC, Bronzoulis was forced off the card by doctor’s orders. Thankfully the XFC had an opening for him to step in on their AXS TV broadcasted Aug. 3 fight card in Charlotte, N.C.

“I was pretty bummed out by the fact that I had to pull out of the Jay Hieron fight, so I was pretty happy when I got the call (from the XFC),” said Bronzoulis. “I’m excited to get back into the cage, compete again and fight.”

Having been kept off the Legacy show by a hurt knee, Bronzoulis is cautiously optimistic he’ll be ready for Aug. 3 since he’s stepping in as a late replacement against Corey Hill in the evening’s main event.

“I’m coming off an injury, so I’ve just been getting back to health,” said Bronzoulis. “We’ll see what kind of shape I’m in when I get in the cage.”

When it comes to facing Hill, Bronzoulis told MMAWeekly.com that he’s going to maintain the same game plan he uses, regardless of his opponent’s four-inch height and reach advantage.

“I’ve just got to take the fight to him and overwhelm him,” said Bronzoulis. “I believe my game overpowers other guys, so I’m just going to move forward.

“I feel real comfortable and do really well with taller opponents. I’ve got to use good footwork, get in and out, and overpower him.”

Stepping into a headlining fight that could determine the course of the XFC’s welterweight division is a big move for Bronzoulis. Still, he feels he won’t let it get the better of him and instead use it as a springboard to build a solid remainder to his 2012 campaign.

“At this point in my career, every fight’s big; so I’m prepared for it all,” he said. “I try not to let it get to me and just focus on what’s going on and not get caught up too much in that stuff. It doesn’t really matter as long as I take care of business.

“I’ve definitely got to build things back up, stay busy and put together some really solid wins starting with this one right here. I’m grateful for the opportunity to fight in the XFC and we’ll just have to see what happens after this fight and where it takes me.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 200: The Best Under-the-Radar Storylines at the UFC's Gala July Event

It has been hard to get a word in edgewise so far. Granted, UFC 200 is still a bit more than two months away, but to date most of the pre-fight attention has been swallowed up by one or two main stor read news >>

Holly Holm Possible UFC on FOX 20 Headliner; Gilbert Melendez vs. Edson Barboza Announced

UFC on FOX 20 received a bout pitting Gilbert Melendez vs. Edson Barboza, and could also include Holly Holm and Anthony Johnson's next fights. read news >>

Watch Canelo Alvarez Destroy Amir Khan with This Stunning Right Hand

Canelo Alvarez put Amir Khan out cold in their headliner from Las Vegas. read news >>

Holly Holm vs. Valentina Shevchenko Will Main Event UFC Fight Night in July

It's been confirmed Holly Holm will make her return to the Octagon on July 23, and she is scheduled to headline a UFC Fight Night event in Chicago, where she'll take on Valentina Shevchenko. Fox Spor read news >>

Holly Holm vs. Valentina Shevchenko Official as UFC on FOX 20 Headliner

A women's bantamweight clash between Holly Holm and Valentina Shevchenko will headline UFC on FOX 20. read news >>

Sioux Falls and Chicago Headliners Announced

The summer of UFC continues to heat up, with two July shows getting intriguing main events that were announced Sunday. Just four days after UFC 200, the Octagon will set down in Sioux Falls, South read news >>

T.J. Dillashaw and Raphael Assuncao Rematch Booked for UFC 200

Former bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw returns to the cage on July 9 in a rematch against Raphael Assuncao at UFC 200. UFC officials announced the matchup on Tuesday. read news >>

Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley Headline UFC 201 on July 30

Welterweight champion "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler is set to defend his title against third-ranked contender Tyron Woodley in the UFC 201 main event in Atlanta on July 30. read news >>

BJ Penn Pulled from UFC 199: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC fans will not get the opportunity to watch BJ Penn square off against Cole Miller at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. According to a statement on the UFC’s official website, Penn was suspended b read news >>

BJ Penn Pulled from UFC 199: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction