Mike Bronzoulis XFCFor welterweight Mike Bronzoulis, the last several weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Originally scheduled to fight Jay Hieron in July for Legacy FC, Bronzoulis was forced off the card by doctor’s orders. Thankfully the XFC had an opening for him to step in on their AXS TV broadcasted Aug. 3 fight card in Charlotte, N.C.

“I was pretty bummed out by the fact that I had to pull out of the Jay Hieron fight, so I was pretty happy when I got the call (from the XFC),” said Bronzoulis. “I’m excited to get back into the cage, compete again and fight.”

Having been kept off the Legacy show by a hurt knee, Bronzoulis is cautiously optimistic he’ll be ready for Aug. 3 since he’s stepping in as a late replacement against Corey Hill in the evening’s main event.

“I’m coming off an injury, so I’ve just been getting back to health,” said Bronzoulis. “We’ll see what kind of shape I’m in when I get in the cage.”

When it comes to facing Hill, Bronzoulis told MMAWeekly.com that he’s going to maintain the same game plan he uses, regardless of his opponent’s four-inch height and reach advantage.

“I’ve just got to take the fight to him and overwhelm him,” said Bronzoulis. “I believe my game overpowers other guys, so I’m just going to move forward.

“I feel real comfortable and do really well with taller opponents. I’ve got to use good footwork, get in and out, and overpower him.”

Stepping into a headlining fight that could determine the course of the XFC’s welterweight division is a big move for Bronzoulis. Still, he feels he won’t let it get the better of him and instead use it as a springboard to build a solid remainder to his 2012 campaign.

“At this point in my career, every fight’s big; so I’m prepared for it all,” he said. “I try not to let it get to me and just focus on what’s going on and not get caught up too much in that stuff. It doesn’t really matter as long as I take care of business.

“I’ve definitely got to build things back up, stay busy and put together some really solid wins starting with this one right here. I’m grateful for the opportunity to fight in the XFC and we’ll just have to see what happens after this fight and where it takes me.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Trevin Giles vs. Ryan Spann headlines LFA 3 on Feb. 10

The headliner is set for LFA 3, the third scheduled event since Legacy FC and RFA announced a merger earlier this year.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Chael Sonnen passes pre-fight drug test for Bellator 170 headliner vs. Tito Ortiz

Bellator light heavyweight Chael Sonnen is off to a good start with his new promoter. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Video: Still no Ronda Rousey, but UFC 207 fighters face-off in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS – Headliner Ronda Rousey still has yet to make her first fight week appearance, and so opponent Amanda Nunes was given a reprieve from today’s UFC 207 ultimate media day.Filed under: Featur read news >>

What do UFC 207's other fighters think of Ronda Rousey's media blackout?

LAS VEGAS – It’s perhaps unprecedented for a UFC headliner to not be available to media during fight week, particularly for a blockbuster pay-per-view. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Opportunity to fight ex-champ Johny Hendricks may be a little late, but Neil Magny will take it

LAS VEGAS – If Neil Magny has learned anything in his UFC career, it’s to avoid jumping to conclusions.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Full UFC 207 salaries: Ronda Rousey slated for $3 million flat payday

Win or lose, UFC 207 headliner Ronda Rousey is going home with a disclosed payday of $3 million.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Here's what Ronda Rousey coach Edmond Tarverdyan said before, during, after UFC 207 headliner

What did Ronda Rousey coach Edmond Tarverdyan say during Rousey’s loss to Amanda Nunes? Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Middleweight champ Vitaly Bigdash gets replacement for ONE Championship 51 headliner

ONE Championship middleweight titleholder Vitaly Bigdash has a new opponent for ONE Championship 51’s upcoming headliner.Filed under: News read news >>

Aung La Nsang Steps in to Face Vitaly Bigdash in ONE: Quest for Power Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

The ONE: Quest for Power middleweight championship main event has undergone a short-notice change. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Suspended 1 Year by USADA for Doping: Latest Details and Reaction

Brock Lesnar's brief return to the UFC last July has cost him once again, as the former heavyweight champion has been suspended for one year by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). Per Marc read news >>