Mike Bronzoulis XFCFor welterweight Mike Bronzoulis, the last several weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Originally scheduled to fight Jay Hieron in July for Legacy FC, Bronzoulis was forced off the card by doctor’s orders. Thankfully the XFC had an opening for him to step in on their AXS TV broadcasted Aug. 3 fight card in Charlotte, N.C.

“I was pretty bummed out by the fact that I had to pull out of the Jay Hieron fight, so I was pretty happy when I got the call (from the XFC),” said Bronzoulis. “I’m excited to get back into the cage, compete again and fight.”

Having been kept off the Legacy show by a hurt knee, Bronzoulis is cautiously optimistic he’ll be ready for Aug. 3 since he’s stepping in as a late replacement against Corey Hill in the evening’s main event.

“I’m coming off an injury, so I’ve just been getting back to health,” said Bronzoulis. “We’ll see what kind of shape I’m in when I get in the cage.”

When it comes to facing Hill, Bronzoulis told MMAWeekly.com that he’s going to maintain the same game plan he uses, regardless of his opponent’s four-inch height and reach advantage.

“I’ve just got to take the fight to him and overwhelm him,” said Bronzoulis. “I believe my game overpowers other guys, so I’m just going to move forward.

“I feel real comfortable and do really well with taller opponents. I’ve got to use good footwork, get in and out, and overpower him.”

Stepping into a headlining fight that could determine the course of the XFC’s welterweight division is a big move for Bronzoulis. Still, he feels he won’t let it get the better of him and instead use it as a springboard to build a solid remainder to his 2012 campaign.

“At this point in my career, every fight’s big; so I’m prepared for it all,” he said. “I try not to let it get to me and just focus on what’s going on and not get caught up too much in that stuff. It doesn’t really matter as long as I take care of business.

“I’ve definitely got to build things back up, stay busy and put together some really solid wins starting with this one right here. I’m grateful for the opportunity to fight in the XFC and we’ll just have to see what happens after this fight and where it takes me.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 200 Primer: Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Pena Head-to-Toe Breakdown

The focus at UFC 200 on July 9 may be on the women's bantamweight championship fight between Miesha Tate and Amanda Nunes, but another bout at 135 pounds is worth keeping an eye on as well. The featu read news >>

Brock Lesnar Comments on Steroid Allegations, WWE and More

Brock Lesnar will return to the Octagon at UFC 200 in a July 9 bout against Mark Hunt, but steroid allegations have cropped up of late, including from Hunt himself. Lesnar did his best to downplay th read news >>

UFC Unfiltered Podcast: Jon Jones Weighs in on UFC 200 and Daniel Cormier

UFC 200 headliner Jon Jones joins Matt Serra and Jim Norton in episode 4 of UFC Unfiltered. The guys discuss UFC 200, why Daniel Cormier is a 'Hater,' and much more. read news >>

The Question: Is Jon Jones More Vulnerable to Daniel Cormier in UFC 200 Rematch?

When Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier meet at UFC 200 on July 9, the first order of business will be adding a second and potentially final chapter to their protracted personal beef. The second item on th read news >>

The Road to UFC 200 – The Best Fighters

The votes have been tallied, and as the historic UFC 200 event approaches on July 9, there’s no need for wordy introductions. These are the top 10 fighters in UFC history. read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE from UFC 200 Fight Week in Vegas!

Tune in Wednesday, July 6, at 6 p.m. EST, for Knockout Radio LIVE! Randy Harris and the crew talk with Zak Cummings and MMA Roasted's Adam Hunter live from Las Vegas! read news >>

Fact or Fiction: Can Brock Lesnar Succeed in the UFC in 2016?

On July 9 at UFC 200, Brock Lesnar is back. You might have heard about it. It’s kind of a big deal—even if a lot of us still have no idea how to process this surprise return. When Lesnar abandoned hi read news >>

VIDEO: Brock Lesnar Reacts to Jon Jones Being Pulled from UFC 200

Just hours removed from the news, new UFC 200 headliner Brock Lesnar reacts to Jon Jones being pulled from UFC 200 following a potential anti-doping violation. read news >>

Ex-UFC 200 Headliner Conor McGregor Takes Sly Shot at Jones vs. Cormier Collapse

With the MMA universe still reeling from the shakeup to UFC 200, Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz came together for a press conference to promote UFC 202 (warning, NSFW language). Unsurprisingly, it was read news >>