Mike Bronzoulis XFCFor welterweight Mike Bronzoulis, the last several weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Originally scheduled to fight Jay Hieron in July for Legacy FC, Bronzoulis was forced off the card by doctor’s orders. Thankfully the XFC had an opening for him to step in on their AXS TV broadcasted Aug. 3 fight card in Charlotte, N.C.

“I was pretty bummed out by the fact that I had to pull out of the Jay Hieron fight, so I was pretty happy when I got the call (from the XFC),” said Bronzoulis. “I’m excited to get back into the cage, compete again and fight.”

Having been kept off the Legacy show by a hurt knee, Bronzoulis is cautiously optimistic he’ll be ready for Aug. 3 since he’s stepping in as a late replacement against Corey Hill in the evening’s main event.

“I’m coming off an injury, so I’ve just been getting back to health,” said Bronzoulis. “We’ll see what kind of shape I’m in when I get in the cage.”

When it comes to facing Hill, Bronzoulis told MMAWeekly.com that he’s going to maintain the same game plan he uses, regardless of his opponent’s four-inch height and reach advantage.

“I’ve just got to take the fight to him and overwhelm him,” said Bronzoulis. “I believe my game overpowers other guys, so I’m just going to move forward.

“I feel real comfortable and do really well with taller opponents. I’ve got to use good footwork, get in and out, and overpower him.”

Stepping into a headlining fight that could determine the course of the XFC’s welterweight division is a big move for Bronzoulis. Still, he feels he won’t let it get the better of him and instead use it as a springboard to build a solid remainder to his 2012 campaign.

“At this point in my career, every fight’s big; so I’m prepared for it all,” he said. “I try not to let it get to me and just focus on what’s going on and not get caught up too much in that stuff. It doesn’t really matter as long as I take care of business.

“I’ve definitely got to build things back up, stay busy and put together some really solid wins starting with this one right here. I’m grateful for the opportunity to fight in the XFC and we’ll just have to see what happens after this fight and where it takes me.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Alvarez vs. McGregor: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 205

Conor McGregor has the opportunity to send his already notorious legacy into orbit on Saturday, November 12, when he takes on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205. The UFC featherweight champion will look to bec read news >>

Photo gallery: The many weights of UFC 205 headliner Conor McGregor

Tonight at UFC 205, featherweight champion Conor McGregor not only looks to make history as the first simultaneous two-division titleholder in UFC history, but he also hopes to join an elite group of read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 205

Frankie Edgar waited too long to let this opportunity get away from him, and Saturday night at UFC 205 the New Jersey native made good on his first fight at Madison Square Garden by way of a unanimou read news >>

Ahead of T-Mobile Arena headliner, undefeated boxing champ Sergey Kovalev latest to support Conor McGregor

There was a time when it seemed boxers and mixed martial artists didn’t have too many kind words for each other. Those times are changing.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Before Saturday's main-event rematch, watch the first Uriah Hall vs. Gegard Mousasi fight

Before their rematch and headliner at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 99 event, check out the first fight between Uriah Hall and Gegard Mousasi.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 99 headliner Gegard Mousasi sees title path going through Hall, then Rockhold

BELFAST, Northern Ireland – Although Gegard Mousasi has mentioned his desire to rematch Uriah Hall time and time again since suffering a massive upset loss to "Primetime" at UFC Fight Night 75 in Sep read news >>

Ryan Bader expected 'Shogun' in UFC Fight Night 100 headliner, but satisfied with first career rematch

SAO PAULO – Eight years into his UFC career, Ryan Bader has faced a who’s who list of light heavyweights. He thought he was going to add another name to that tally before plans changed.Filed under: F read news >>

With military service planned, 2017 could be Bellator 165 headliner Benson Henderson's final year

Bellator lightweight title challenger Benson Henderson turned 33 just two days shy of the 10-year anniversary of his first professional MMA fight. This birthday is a little more significant than othe read news >>

Adam Piccolotti Eyes Bellator 165 Opportunity to Continue Climbing the Ranks | MMAWeekly.com

Following a rough time around his fight in May, Adam Piccolotti is eyeing Bellator 165 as an opportunity to continue climbing the lightweight ranks. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: Why you shouldn't eat turkey on Thanksgiving and other important tips

In this week’s Twitter Mailbag, which commission screwed up worse in November – New York or Brazil? And should you give in to the temptation to discuss politics with your relatives this Thanksgiving? read news >>