miguel-torres-15.jpgIt appears that World Series of Fighting will make good on its promise to book Miguel Torres once again. Now it’s just a question of who his opponent will be.

Torres (40-6) on Saturday posted on his Facebook page that he’ll be fighting at WSOF 6. He also said he’s not planning on doing “any interviews or media” he doesn’t have to do in advance of the fight.

WSOF 6 takes place Oct. 26 at BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla. The main card airs on NBC Sports Network following prelims that stream on MMAjunkie.com. Torres, against whoever he fights, is expected to be part of that preliminary card.

Most signs point to a matchup against Tyson Nam (12-5). WSOF President Ray Sefo earlier this month said he’d book that fight, provided both parties still wanted it. That comment came after news broke that Torres had been arrested in his home state of Indiana on a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession.

“As far as I know, Tyson definitely wants that fight,” Sefo said. “So that’s a good fight. We all make mistakes, and Miguel has obviously run into a situation, and we’ll support him. He’s still fighting for World Series of Fighting.”

Commenting on his own Facebook post to a fan asking who he was fighting, Torres said: “Don’t know, don’t care. Tired of sitting down being a normal man. It’s not my style, a wolf that doesn’t hunt is just a dog.”

Requests for comment from Torres’ camp were not returned on Saturday.

The former WEC bantamweight champion has had an up-and-down run the past four years – and mostly down, lately. In August 2009, with a 37-1 record, he lost his WEC title to Brian Bowles. His next fight was a submission loss to Joseph Benavidez. He picked up a win in his final WEC bout, then one in his UFC debut after the two promotions’ merger.

He dropped a unanimous decision to Demetrious Johnson at UFC 130, but rebounded with a decision win over Nick Pace at UFC 139 in November 2011. But soon after that, his infamous “rape tweet” led to a public firing by the UFC. Three weeks later, after making amends, UFC President Dana White welcomed him back into the fold. But in his next outing, he was knocked out by Michael McDonald in the first round at UFC 145, then was let go again.

He signed with WSOF and fought Marlon Moraes at the company’s debut in November 2012, but dropped a split decision. He hasn’t fought since, and a month ago his marijuana arrest came.

Torres is due in court next month. The Marshall County (Ind.) Sheriff’s Department arrested him this past month, and Torres posted a $1,500 bond. If convicted, Torres faces one year in prison and a maximum fine of $5,000.

Torres and Nam were on course to fight earlier this year after both were upset by Moraes. Nam most recently fought in March at WSOF 2, where he lost a decision to Moraes. The setback snapped a five-fight winning streak.

For more on WSOF’s upcoming schedule, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Miguel Torres)

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Dana White responds to Aldo's rematch request: 'It's tough to make that fight again'

  • 10 days ago
  • 297 views

It appears Jose Aldo might be sitting on the sidelines for a very long time if he’s not willing to stray from his demand of a title shot or Conor McGregor rematch for his next contest.Filed under: Ne read news >>

HOT TWEETS: In Case You Forgot, Anthony Johnson Reminded Everyone He Has Ridiculous Power

  • 8 days ago
  • 6 views

Anthony Johnson has the power to make you tweet about said power. read news >>

Don't make a mistake against Anthony Johnson – but then, we knew that already

  • 8 days ago
  • 10 views

There isn’t much you can learn in 86 seconds worth of fighting, except, perhaps, the stuff you should have known already. What Johnson’s win over Bader leaves us wondering is when we’ll get a chance read news >>

UFC newcomer Randy Brown 'can't wait to do it again'

  • 7 days ago
  • 4 views

NEWARK, N.J. – Randy Brown didn’t quite make the same impact as the man who blazed the trail he took to the UFC, Sage Northcutt, but “Rude Boy” said he felt comfortable in his win and is ready to go read news >>

After Defeating Sage Northcutt, Bryan Barberena Appears to Mock 'Sage Flip'

  • 7 days ago
  • 117 views

Last fall, we were introduced to the Sage Flip. Saturday night, we met the Barberena Barrel Roll. After upsetting Sage Northcutt with a second-round submission Saturday night on the main card of UFC read news >>

Manager: Benson Henderson soon to sign; UFC wants Robbie Lawler-Tyron Woodley next

  • 6 days ago
  • 10 views

Former UFC lightweight champ Benson Henderson will soon make his next career move, according to his manager.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

WSOF 28 main card adds Parker vs. Yager and Alvarez vs. Ramm

  • 5 days ago
  • 6 views

The main card for WSOF’s trip to California later this month is coming together with the announcement of a pair of welterweight bouts.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Full WSOF 28: Moraes vs. Barajas Main Card Released

  • 5 days ago
  • 3 views

World Series of Fighting on Tuesday announced two new bouts to complete the WSOF 28: Moraes vs. Barajas main card. read news >>

Mickey Gall's master plan is paying off (Yahoo Sports)

  • 5 days ago
  • 0 views

From Yahoo Sports: Mickey Gall had a plan to make himself known – fight CM Punk. Now all he has to do is beat Mike Jackson. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 82

  • 5 days ago
  • 2 views

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC return to “Sin City” for UFC Fight Night 82 in Las Vegas.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>