Miguel Torrest UFC 139When former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres returned to fighting this past April after five months off, he experienced perhaps the biggest setback in his career to date when he was knocked out by Michael McDonald at UFC 145 and then subsequently released by the promotion.

“Going back to November, it was a big blow,” said Torres. “I went through a lot to get back into the UFC, got back in and lost the fight. I didn’t follow the game plan and went out there and got caught with a punch and I got (released) again.

“The biggest thing for me to get back on track is to get stable.”

Finding stability could come down to finding a longterm home, like the one Torres had in the UFC and WEC. Should Torres’ new home in the World Series of Fighting live up to expectations, he may just have the platform he needs to get back on track and find success again.

“It’s an exciting feeling to start in a new league and kind of have a homecoming fighting on the NBC Sports Network (where the WEC was broadcasted on during the channel’s Versus branding) and fight on a card with guys like Andrei Arlovski,” said Torres.

While it’s a new home, don’t expect Torres to go about doing things differently than before.

“I’ve been doing this for the past 13 years, so for me it’s business as usual,” he said. “I’m going to go out and fight the same way, whether it’s the UFC or my back yard.

“I always dedicate myself 100-percent to my craft and my opponent is going to see the best Miguel Torres that he can possibly see.”

Torres’ first fight for the WSoF on Nov. 3 in Las Vegas comes against Marlon Moraes, a fighter Torres has some familiarity with.

“I’ve trained with him in Florida, so I know what to expect out of him,” said Torres of Moraes. “I know what he’s good at, I know what I’m good at, and the most important thing is to go out there and fight my fight.

“I know I have to keep my distance, and when I do come in, I have to come in hard. I’ve got to close the distance, get him in the clinch and take him down to the ground. I know that middle-range is going to be his. But I know what I’m good at, and I know what I can do to give him a hard time.”

Torres told MMAWeekly.com that, at this stage in his career, thinking about anything other than what’s in front of him isn’t important, staying in the moment is.

“Just win,” said Torres of his goals. “All I’m worried about is winning my fights.

“I don’t care who it is, who’s in front of me, or what their name is. I’m not worried about that. The only thing I’m worried about is going out there and taking my opponents out.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your MMA news and updates.

Brock Lesnar: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Fighter's Potential Return

After he reignited his professional wrestling career, it looked as though Brock Lesnar's days in UFC were over, but the 38-year-old may be nearing a return to the Octagon. Continue for updates. Lesna read news >>

Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 199

For the first time in his career, Michael Bisping is a UFC champion. Thanks to a left hook followed with some more shots against the cage, Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in the first round to beco read news >>

RFA Bantamweight Champion Leandro Higo to Carry Olympic Torch in Brazil

RFA bantamweight champion Leandro Higo is set to accomplish another career highlight just 45 days after capturing RFA gold. Higo will carry the Olympic Torch. read news >>

‘Kimbo Slice’ Wanted to Be Remembered as a Family Man and as a Fighter Who Evolved

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson started his fighting career as a street fighter with heavy hands made famous by Youtube videos of his backyard brawls. read news >>

How Well Do You Remember the Career of Kimbo Slice?

Test your knowledge with a look back at the life and career of Kimbo Slice. read news >>

Ben Reiter Expecting to ‘Impose His Will’ at Bellator 156

Though he suffered the first loss of his career last November to Francisco France at Bellator 146, middleweight up-and-comer Ben Reiter doesn’t feel he was beaten in the fight. read news >>

Mike Santiago Taking Career to New Heights Heading into RFA 39

Following some rocky roads early on, Mike Santiago is taking his career to new heights heading into RFA 39. read news >>

Mike Arrant Replaces Injured Thiago Meller, Faces John Howard at WSOF 31

World Series of Fighting announced today that Thiago Meller has withdrawn from his scheduled welterweight contest against John Howard, who will now face Mike Arrant at WSOF 31. read news >>

Jordan Johnson Looking to Remain Undefeated at RFA 39

Unlike many fighters who can spend the majority of their career with one team, light-heavyweight up and comer Jordan Johnson has bounced around a bit. read news >>

UFC Nees to Show Georges St-Pierre the Money

One of the sport’s all-time most decorated fighters is ready to restart his career. All George St-Pierre is waiting on is his longtime promoter to compromise on a new deal so he can get going. Only t read news >>