Miguel Torrest UFC 139When former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres returned to fighting this past April after five months off, he experienced perhaps the biggest setback in his career to date when he was knocked out by Michael McDonald at UFC 145 and then subsequently released by the promotion.

“Going back to November, it was a big blow,” said Torres. “I went through a lot to get back into the UFC, got back in and lost the fight. I didn’t follow the game plan and went out there and got caught with a punch and I got (released) again.

“The biggest thing for me to get back on track is to get stable.”

Finding stability could come down to finding a longterm home, like the one Torres had in the UFC and WEC. Should Torres’ new home in the World Series of Fighting live up to expectations, he may just have the platform he needs to get back on track and find success again.

“It’s an exciting feeling to start in a new league and kind of have a homecoming fighting on the NBC Sports Network (where the WEC was broadcasted on during the channel’s Versus branding) and fight on a card with guys like Andrei Arlovski,” said Torres.

While it’s a new home, don’t expect Torres to go about doing things differently than before.

“I’ve been doing this for the past 13 years, so for me it’s business as usual,” he said. “I’m going to go out and fight the same way, whether it’s the UFC or my back yard.

“I always dedicate myself 100-percent to my craft and my opponent is going to see the best Miguel Torres that he can possibly see.”

Torres’ first fight for the WSoF on Nov. 3 in Las Vegas comes against Marlon Moraes, a fighter Torres has some familiarity with.

“I’ve trained with him in Florida, so I know what to expect out of him,” said Torres of Moraes. “I know what he’s good at, I know what I’m good at, and the most important thing is to go out there and fight my fight.

“I know I have to keep my distance, and when I do come in, I have to come in hard. I’ve got to close the distance, get him in the clinch and take him down to the ground. I know that middle-range is going to be his. But I know what I’m good at, and I know what I can do to give him a hard time.”

Torres told MMAWeekly.com that, at this stage in his career, thinking about anything other than what’s in front of him isn’t important, staying in the moment is.

“Just win,” said Torres of his goals. “All I’m worried about is winning my fights.

“I don’t care who it is, who’s in front of me, or what their name is. I’m not worried about that. The only thing I’m worried about is going out there and taking my opponents out.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your MMA news and updates.

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 95: Renan Barao vs. Phillipe Nover video highlights

After the first two-fight losing skid of his career, Renan Barao is back in the win column. The former bantamweight champ picked up a much-needed win over Phillipe Nover.Filed under: News, UFC, Video read news >>

'I wish to fight 'Cyborg' again before my career is over,' says a no-excuses Lina Lansberg

Less than three days after falling victim to yet another one of Cristiane Justino's thunderous performances, Lina Lansberg made no excuses for herself in an Instagram post, saying she wants to "rack read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Watch Conor McGregor Burn Jeremy Stephens: 'Who the F*** is That Guy?' | MMAWeekly.com

Jeremy Stephens has had a long career in the UFC with some memorable fights. Memorable to you and us, that is, but apparently not to Conor McGregor. read news >>

Rashad Evans Breaks Down UFC Portland Headliner, John Dodson vs. John Lineker

Rashad Evans has accomplished a great deal in his UFC career, picking up the light heavyweight strap in the course of 20 fights with the promotion. The soon-to-be middleweight contender takes on Tim read news >>

With Matt Hughes in His Corner, Adam Osmoe Ready to Kick Career into Full Gear | MMAWeekly.com

With UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes in his corner and school behind him, Adam Osmoe is ready to kick his fight career into full gear. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 results: Andre Fili upsets Hacran Dias for biggest win of MMA career

PORTLAND, Ore. – Andre Fili put Hacran Dias down early and nearly put him away. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nate Marquardt, 53 Fights Later, Only Getting Better (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Marquardt is 53 fights into his professional career, but he's only getting better. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 video highlights: Alex Oliveira vs. Will Brooks

Alex Oliveira picked up the biggest win of his career. Then things got weird. Check out the highlights inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>