Miguel Torrest UFC 139When former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres returned to fighting this past April after five months off, he experienced perhaps the biggest setback in his career to date when he was knocked out by Michael McDonald at UFC 145 and then subsequently released by the promotion.

“Going back to November, it was a big blow,” said Torres. “I went through a lot to get back into the UFC, got back in and lost the fight. I didn’t follow the game plan and went out there and got caught with a punch and I got (released) again.

“The biggest thing for me to get back on track is to get stable.”

Finding stability could come down to finding a longterm home, like the one Torres had in the UFC and WEC. Should Torres’ new home in the World Series of Fighting live up to expectations, he may just have the platform he needs to get back on track and find success again.

“It’s an exciting feeling to start in a new league and kind of have a homecoming fighting on the NBC Sports Network (where the WEC was broadcasted on during the channel’s Versus branding) and fight on a card with guys like Andrei Arlovski,” said Torres.

While it’s a new home, don’t expect Torres to go about doing things differently than before.

“I’ve been doing this for the past 13 years, so for me it’s business as usual,” he said. “I’m going to go out and fight the same way, whether it’s the UFC or my back yard.

“I always dedicate myself 100-percent to my craft and my opponent is going to see the best Miguel Torres that he can possibly see.”

Torres’ first fight for the WSoF on Nov. 3 in Las Vegas comes against Marlon Moraes, a fighter Torres has some familiarity with.

“I’ve trained with him in Florida, so I know what to expect out of him,” said Torres of Moraes. “I know what he’s good at, I know what I’m good at, and the most important thing is to go out there and fight my fight.

“I know I have to keep my distance, and when I do come in, I have to come in hard. I’ve got to close the distance, get him in the clinch and take him down to the ground. I know that middle-range is going to be his. But I know what I’m good at, and I know what I can do to give him a hard time.”

Torres told MMAWeekly.com that, at this stage in his career, thinking about anything other than what’s in front of him isn’t important, staying in the moment is.

“Just win,” said Torres of his goals. “All I’m worried about is winning my fights.

“I don’t care who it is, who’s in front of me, or what their name is. I’m not worried about that. The only thing I’m worried about is going out there and taking my opponents out.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your MMA news and updates.

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Miocic vs. Overeem: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 203

Capturing the UFC Heavyweight Championship is one thing; defending it is a different matter altogether. That's the challenge Stipe Miocic faces when he welcomes Alistair Overeem to Cleveland in the m read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

UFC's CM Punk Experiment Gets off to a Painful Start

CM Punk’s new career as an MMA fighter got off to a painful start on Saturday. Punk proved no match for Mickey Gall at UFC 203, as Gall wasted little time taking the former WWE wrestler down and scor read news >>

CM Punk’s Drawing Power Might Not Be Enough | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk’s UFC career may have been a one-and-done deal. The former WWE superstar made his professional fighting debut on Saturday at UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Tito Ortiz: Chael Sonnen Payback Would be a Great Way to End His Career | MMAWeekly.com

For Tito Ortiz, there is no better way to end his career than to exact payback upon Chael Sonnen. read news >>

Why Does BJ Penn Want to Return Now? | MMAWeekly.com

After seemingly ending his career, over the past two years, UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn has had time to reconsider. So, why come back now? read news >>

Would Luke Rockhold Pose Nude for His Modeling Career? | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has delved into modeling. Inside MMA talked to him about it, as well as his rematch with Jacare Souza and relationship with Demi Lovato. read news >>

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>