Miguel Torrest UFC 139When former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres returned to fighting this past April after five months off, he experienced perhaps the biggest setback in his career to date when he was knocked out by Michael McDonald at UFC 145 and then subsequently released by the promotion.

“Going back to November, it was a big blow,” said Torres. “I went through a lot to get back into the UFC, got back in and lost the fight. I didn’t follow the game plan and went out there and got caught with a punch and I got (released) again.

“The biggest thing for me to get back on track is to get stable.”

Finding stability could come down to finding a longterm home, like the one Torres had in the UFC and WEC. Should Torres’ new home in the World Series of Fighting live up to expectations, he may just have the platform he needs to get back on track and find success again.

“It’s an exciting feeling to start in a new league and kind of have a homecoming fighting on the NBC Sports Network (where the WEC was broadcasted on during the channel’s Versus branding) and fight on a card with guys like Andrei Arlovski,” said Torres.

While it’s a new home, don’t expect Torres to go about doing things differently than before.

“I’ve been doing this for the past 13 years, so for me it’s business as usual,” he said. “I’m going to go out and fight the same way, whether it’s the UFC or my back yard.

“I always dedicate myself 100-percent to my craft and my opponent is going to see the best Miguel Torres that he can possibly see.”

Torres’ first fight for the WSoF on Nov. 3 in Las Vegas comes against Marlon Moraes, a fighter Torres has some familiarity with.

“I’ve trained with him in Florida, so I know what to expect out of him,” said Torres of Moraes. “I know what he’s good at, I know what I’m good at, and the most important thing is to go out there and fight my fight.

“I know I have to keep my distance, and when I do come in, I have to come in hard. I’ve got to close the distance, get him in the clinch and take him down to the ground. I know that middle-range is going to be his. But I know what I’m good at, and I know what I can do to give him a hard time.”

Torres told MMAWeekly.com that, at this stage in his career, thinking about anything other than what’s in front of him isn’t important, staying in the moment is.

“Just win,” said Torres of his goals. “All I’m worried about is winning my fights.

“I don’t care who it is, who’s in front of me, or what their name is. I’m not worried about that. The only thing I’m worried about is going out there and taking my opponents out.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your MMA news and updates.

Ronda Rousey Comments on Next Step in Career After Holly Holm UFC Fight, More

UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has become a recognisable figure for even the most causal of sports fans over the past year, but as the American gets set for the biggest night in her career at read news >>

UFC 193 preview: A closer look at Ronda Rousey's career statistics

Ronda Rousey’s pro debut came less than five years ago, but the 28-year-old has already taken the sport by storm – both in and out of the octagon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Trading Shots: Is there a redemption tale somewhere in this chapter of Belfort's career?

In this week’s Trading Shots, Danny Downes and Ben Fowlkes debate Vitor Belfort’s first win of the post-TRT era, and wonder what it means for a fighter with a long and complicated history.Filed under read news >>

Tibau picks up 17th career UFC win with sub of Trujillo

Check out the results from the Fight Night Sao Paulo FOX Sports 1 prelims which included wins by Gleison Tibau, Johnny Case, Thiago Tavares and Chas Skelly. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77’s Kevin Souza wants a top-five opponent with win

UFC featherweight Kevin Souza said injuries have hampered his career, but he’s still managed to win three straight in the UFC’s octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chas Skelly Continuing to Establish Himself as a Top UFC Featherweight

After suffering the only loss of his career in 2014 to Mirsad Bektic in his UFC debut, featherweight Chas “Scrapper” Skelly has rebounded with three straight wins. read news >>

Alan 'The Talent' Belcher Retires

Alan Belcher called it a career Friday, announcing his retirement from MMA after an 11-year journey which included 18 victories and nine knockouts. read news >>

James Thompson on Bobby Lashley's MMA career: 'I don't know what he's thinking'

James Thompson isn’t particularly impressed with the way in which Bellator 145 opponent Bobby Lashley has gone through his MMA career. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Balancing Fighting with the Military, Sean Richman Ready to Prove He’s Legit

Having to balance his military service, his family, and his fighting career, Sean Richman is out to prove he's legit at RFA 32 on Friday night. read news >>

James Thompson's gambling addiction nearly ruined his MMA career

James Thompson can pinpoint the moment it all went downhill: May 31, 2008 is a date that will stick firm in his memory, and many longtime MMA fans remember it just as well.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>