Miesha Tate has been given new life. After losing her chance to coach opposite UFC champion Ronda Rousey on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 18, the former Strikeforce queen was recently dealt an unexpected opportunity when Cat Zingano went down with a serious knee injury.

Zingano, who stopped Tate in a technical knockout at the “TUF 17” finale six weeks ago, will now be unable to fulfill her obligation as coach on the upcoming iteration of the long-running reality series, which will feature both male and female competitors for the first time. As a result, Tate will now fill the vacant role.

“It’s unfortunate for Cat, but the UFC is all about opportunities,” Tate recently told Fox Sports. “I was so stoked when I heard I was going to get the potential spot. To coach against Ronda, [given] our rivalry, I think it makes for better TV. And I get to fight her again, so I’m stoked all around.”

Tate, 26, first met Rousey last year under the Strikeforce banner, relinquishing her bantamweight championship to the Olympic judo bronze medalist after submitting to Rousey’s trademark armbar -- a hold which badly dislocated Tate’s elbow. After the two square off as coaches on “TUF 18,” Tate will have her chance to avenge that defeat with the UFC title on the line.

“Ronda is obviously a phenomenal fighter. She’s undefeated. As a person, I don’t think she’s quite as stellar,” Tate said. “I give her credit for what she’s done and where she’s gotten in the sport of women’s MMA. Without her I don’t think we’d be as far, so I do value that. At the same time, I feel like I’m right on her heels, and I want what she has. I want the UFC belt. I want my team to win the show, and I want to be able to say that at the end of the day -- to look her in the face and say, ‘I’ve beaten Ronda Rousey.’”

Miesha Tate Video: Dishing on Amanda Nunes Fight Ahead of Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm

Miesha Tate talks about facing Amanda Nunes, potential rematches with Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, and what's on the horizon with Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Miesha Tate Has ‘Unfinished Business,’ Wants Ronda Rousey Next

UFC bantamweight champion Miesha Tate and former titleholder Ronda Rousey have quite the history, dating back to before either were in the UFC. read news >>

Miesha Tate Wants a Trilogy with Ronda Rousey at Madison Square Garden

Women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is eyeing a third fight against Ronda Rousey at Madison Square Garden if she gets past Amanda Nunes at UFC 200. read news >>

Amanda Nunes: ‘Miesha Tate Has a Lot of Holes in Her Game’

Title challenger Amanda Nunes says women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has 'a lot of holes in her game,' and plans to exploit them at UFC 200. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Trolls Ronda Rousey over Recent Beach Workout

• 6 hours ago

Is Cris Cyborg a master troll, or did Ronda Rousey bring this on herself? Reasonable people can debate, but there can be no disagreement on one key point: Cyborg just got off a sick burn. Earlier thi read news >>

UFC on FOX 19's Bethe Correia: Media turned me into villain against Ronda Rousey

Bethe Correia hasn’t stepped in the UFC’s famed octagon since this past August when her dreams of becoming UFC champion were dashed at the hands of Ronda Rousey in on 34 seconds.Filed under: News, UF read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter Finale: Latin America 3 Finale Event Page and Fight Card

TUF Latin America 3 Finale (The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Finale) fight card rumors and start times for November 5, 2016, in Mexico City, Mexico. read news >>

Miesha Tate Admits Amanda Nunes is ‘Dangerous,’ ‘Presents a Lot of Problems’

Women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate thinks people aren't giving her UFC 200 opponent Amanda Nunes enough credit, but she knows that she faces a dangerous fighter. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's Comeback Fight, Holly Holm

UFC President Dana White confirmed Sunday that Ronda Rousey will have a chance to win back the UFC women's bantamweight title when she steps into the Octagon again. White discussed Rousey's immediate read news >>

Dana White Guarantees Ronda Rousey ‘Will Fight Whoever Has the Belt’ in UFC Return

We don't know when or where Ronda Rousey will make her UFC return, but Dana White guarantees she'll get a title shot when she does. read news >>