Miesha Tate has been given new life. After losing her chance to coach opposite UFC champion Ronda Rousey on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 18, the former Strikeforce queen was recently dealt an unexpected opportunity when Cat Zingano went down with a serious knee injury.

Zingano, who stopped Tate in a technical knockout at the “TUF 17” finale six weeks ago, will now be unable to fulfill her obligation as coach on the upcoming iteration of the long-running reality series, which will feature both male and female competitors for the first time. As a result, Tate will now fill the vacant role.

“It’s unfortunate for Cat, but the UFC is all about opportunities,” Tate recently told Fox Sports. “I was so stoked when I heard I was going to get the potential spot. To coach against Ronda, [given] our rivalry, I think it makes for better TV. And I get to fight her again, so I’m stoked all around.”

Tate, 26, first met Rousey last year under the Strikeforce banner, relinquishing her bantamweight championship to the Olympic judo bronze medalist after submitting to Rousey’s trademark armbar -- a hold which badly dislocated Tate’s elbow. After the two square off as coaches on “TUF 18,” Tate will have her chance to avenge that defeat with the UFC title on the line.

“Ronda is obviously a phenomenal fighter. She’s undefeated. As a person, I don’t think she’s quite as stellar,” Tate said. “I give her credit for what she’s done and where she’s gotten in the sport of women’s MMA. Without her I don’t think we’d be as far, so I do value that. At the same time, I feel like I’m right on her heels, and I want what she has. I want the UFC belt. I want my team to win the show, and I want to be able to say that at the end of the day -- to look her in the face and say, ‘I’ve beaten Ronda Rousey.’”

Miesha Tate Comments on Ronda Rousey Ahead of UFC 200 Fight vs. Amanda Nunes

UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has branded Ronda Rousey “pouty” and has questioned whether her rival will ever return to her very best. Tate was speaking on Conan as preparations conti read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: I Need to Fight Ronda Rousey Again, I Also Want to Fight Cris Cyborg

UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate says something would be missing from her career if she didn't get to fight Ronda Rousey again. read news >>

Will Ronda Rousey ever rebound from Holly Holm loss? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Rousey's disappearing act since her defeat leaves questions as to where she's at mentally and whether we'll ever see her fight again. read news >>

Will Ronda Rousey ever rebound from Holly Holm loss? (Yahoo Sports)

Cat Zingano eager for return after 'humbling' Ronda Rousey loss, ensuing time away (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Zingano's last fight went just 14 seconds and she's spent 16 months out of the Octagon, but she hasn't been sitting idly. read news >>

TUF 23 Performance Replay: Andrew Sanchez Secures His Place in the Finals with Quick Finish

Andrew Sanchez made short work of Eric Spicely winning by a vicious first round finish to move onto the tournament finals and the TUF 23 Finale on July 8 in Las Vegas. read news >>

Defeated TUF 23 Contestant Gets New Life After Cory Hendricks Withdraws Due to Injury

Team Claudia's Cory Hendricks finally decided to withdraw from his The Ultimate Fighter 23 semi-finals due to a neck injury that didn't get any better. read news >>

Miesha Tate to Serve as Grand Marshal of NASCAR Race at Michigan International Speedway

UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate will serve as the grand marshal for the FireKeepers Casino 400 on June 12 at Michigan International Speedway. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Return Possibly Pushed Back to 2017, Says Dana White

The question of "When will Ronda Rousey return?" keeps getting more and more complicated. Speaking with Cari Champion on ESPN's SportsCenter (h/t MMAFighting.com for the transcription), UFC President read news >>