Miesha Tate has been given new life. After losing her chance to coach opposite UFC champion Ronda Rousey on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 18, the former Strikeforce queen was recently dealt an unexpected opportunity when Cat Zingano went down with a serious knee injury.

Zingano, who stopped Tate in a technical knockout at the “TUF 17” finale six weeks ago, will now be unable to fulfill her obligation as coach on the upcoming iteration of the long-running reality series, which will feature both male and female competitors for the first time. As a result, Tate will now fill the vacant role.

“It’s unfortunate for Cat, but the UFC is all about opportunities,” Tate recently told Fox Sports. “I was so stoked when I heard I was going to get the potential spot. To coach against Ronda, [given] our rivalry, I think it makes for better TV. And I get to fight her again, so I’m stoked all around.”

Tate, 26, first met Rousey last year under the Strikeforce banner, relinquishing her bantamweight championship to the Olympic judo bronze medalist after submitting to Rousey’s trademark armbar -- a hold which badly dislocated Tate’s elbow. After the two square off as coaches on “TUF 18,” Tate will have her chance to avenge that defeat with the UFC title on the line.

“Ronda is obviously a phenomenal fighter. She’s undefeated. As a person, I don’t think she’s quite as stellar,” Tate said. “I give her credit for what she’s done and where she’s gotten in the sport of women’s MMA. Without her I don’t think we’d be as far, so I do value that. At the same time, I feel like I’m right on her heels, and I want what she has. I want the UFC belt. I want my team to win the show, and I want to be able to say that at the end of the day -- to look her in the face and say, ‘I’ve beaten Ronda Rousey.’”

Miesha Tate: Win over Jessica Eye is 'final step' toward Ronda Rousey trilogy fight

The No. 2-ranked UFC women's Bantamweight says a win over Jessica Eye at UFC on FOX 16 should punch her ticket to a trilogy fight against current champion and long-time rival, Ronda Rousey. NEW YORK read news >>

Why Miesha Tate isn't ready to think about a trilogy fight with Ronda Rousey (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Tate is forever linked to Rousey and desperately wants to beat her, but she isn't focusing on her just yet. read news >>

UFC on Fox 16: Can Miesha Tate Earn 3rd Shot at Ronda Rousey?

Miesha Tate continues her trek back toward the women's bantamweight title and Ronda Rousey when she takes on rising contender Jessica "Evil" Eye at UFC on Fox 16 this Saturday. Tate is the highest-ra read news >>

Since Ronda Rousey won't, Miesha Tate says she'll fight 'Cyborg' at 140 pounds

Miesha Tate has a lot on her plate. Her immediate focus remains on Saturday’s UFC on FOX 16 co-main event bout with Jessica Eye.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 16's Miesha Tate shocked Ronda Rousey hates Bethe Correira more than her

Once more, this time with feeling. UFC women's Bantamweight fighter Miesha Tate may be fighting Jessica Eye at UFC on Fox 16 in Chicago on Saturday (July 25, 2015), but her mind is still on the champ read news >>

Miesha Tate earns Ronda Rousey trilogy fight with decision win over Jessica Eye (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Tate was far from convincing in beating Eye, but she still won a bantamweight title fight with her effort. read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Jessica Eye: Winner, Scorecard, Reaction for UFC Fight Night 72

Ronda Rousey, it's your move. On Saturday night in the co-main event at UFC Fight Night Chicago, Miesha Tate proved to be a cut above Jessica "Evil" Eye as she captured a unanimous-decision win. UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 16: Miesha Tate vs. Jessica Eye video highlights

CHICAGO – Miesha Tate may get the third crack at Ronda Rousey she’s been wanting, after all. Tate was able to land some heavy shots on Jessica Eye, dropping her foe on multiple occasions to take a un read news >>

Miesha Tate Set for Potential Third Fight with Ronda Rousey

Miesha Tate will once again get the next shot at the UFC women's bantamweight title, UFC President Dana White said on Saturday. read news >>