Miesha Tate has been given new life. After losing her chance to coach opposite UFC champion Ronda Rousey on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 18, the former Strikeforce queen was recently dealt an unexpected opportunity when Cat Zingano went down with a serious knee injury.

Zingano, who stopped Tate in a technical knockout at the “TUF 17” finale six weeks ago, will now be unable to fulfill her obligation as coach on the upcoming iteration of the long-running reality series, which will feature both male and female competitors for the first time. As a result, Tate will now fill the vacant role.

“It’s unfortunate for Cat, but the UFC is all about opportunities,” Tate recently told Fox Sports. “I was so stoked when I heard I was going to get the potential spot. To coach against Ronda, [given] our rivalry, I think it makes for better TV. And I get to fight her again, so I’m stoked all around.”

Tate, 26, first met Rousey last year under the Strikeforce banner, relinquishing her bantamweight championship to the Olympic judo bronze medalist after submitting to Rousey’s trademark armbar -- a hold which badly dislocated Tate’s elbow. After the two square off as coaches on “TUF 18,” Tate will have her chance to avenge that defeat with the UFC title on the line.

“Ronda is obviously a phenomenal fighter. She’s undefeated. As a person, I don’t think she’s quite as stellar,” Tate said. “I give her credit for what she’s done and where she’s gotten in the sport of women’s MMA. Without her I don’t think we’d be as far, so I do value that. At the same time, I feel like I’m right on her heels, and I want what she has. I want the UFC belt. I want my team to win the show, and I want to be able to say that at the end of the day -- to look her in the face and say, ‘I’ve beaten Ronda Rousey.’”

'Third time won't be different': Ronda Rousey opens as 11-1 favorite vs. Miesha Tate

It appears the long odds against Ronda Rousey’s opponents will continue – something the MMA world probably should get used to.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Miesha Tate: Correia isn't that good, 'got what was coming' against Ronda Rousey

Miesha Tate doesn't think Bethe Correia is that good yet, and thinks she got what she asked for after stepping out of line with her trash talk against Ronda Rousey. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 293 - Miesha Tate

Miesha Tate will give her thoughts on Ronda Rousey's win and facing her for a third time. read news >>

Sara McMann: I really don’t understand Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate 3

NASHVILLE – Onetime UFC title challenger Sara McMann has faced Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, and her take on the gap between them is blunt.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Amanda Nunes says she deserves Ronda Rousey title fight, or someone who gets her closer

Miesha Tate may be the favorite to get next dibs at Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (details), but there's another potential challenge to "Rowdy" lurki read news >>

Morning Report: Miesha Tate backs Ronda Rousey on Floyd Mayweather, 'He's going down and she would armbar the hell out o

Miesha Tate and UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey don't get along, but they can agree on one thing. During a fan Q&A with The Seattle Times Wednesday, top contender Tate was asked about read news >>

Miesha Tate: Bethe is a 'rookie', Ronda Rousey 'knows I'm her biggest threat to the title'

Miesha Tate speaks about a third fight against Ronda Rousey, and claims she won't be making any of the 'rookie' mistakes her last opponent did. When Miesha Tate dropped Jessica Eye and took home anot read news >>

Ronda Rousey Would 'Armbar the Hell' out of Floyd Mayweather, Says Miesha Tate

There are a select group of women unfortunate enough to have been across the Octagon from Ronda Rousey. Miesha Tate is one, having lost to the undefeated star on two occasions, and she thinks the UFC read news >>

Common ground: Miesha Tate agrees Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather in fight

Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate have one of the most talked-about feuds in MMA history. As such, they don’t seem to agree on much. But one thing they seem to have in common surrounds boxing legend Floyd read news >>

Gene LeBell: 'Miesha Tate is better than she's getting credit for'

A complement from the Ronda Rousey camp? Oh my ... Most messages coming out of the camp of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's Bantamweight queen Ronda Rousey regarding her next challenger M read news >>