Much is riding on Michael Bisping’s middleweight clash with Alan Belcher at UFC 159, a fact that appears to be lost on neither fighter.

Though Belcher initially threw down the gauntlet by wagering tattoos and expensive automobiles against the Brit, Bisping has shown little interest in what he has called “stupid bets.” Instead, the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner has stuck to straight-ahead verbal barbs in the lead-up to his meeting with Belcher at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

“A win over me, for Alan Belcher, would be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career,” Bisping said Monday during a media conference call. “It’s in the bag. It’s a formality. All I’m going to do is show up, slap you in the face, take my check and go home.”

Naturally, Belcher disputed that proposed outcome to Saturday’s duel, but “The Talent” did agree with Bisping’s stance on just what a victory in this fight would accomplish for both men. Though Bisping has come close to earning a title shot in nearly seven years with the promotion, “The Count” has yet to secure a crack at Anderson Silva’s belt. Most recently, Bisping was knocked out by Vitor Belfort on Jan. 19 in a result that once again derailed the Brit’s title aspirations.

“You’re only as good as your last fight, and my last fight was a loss. I don’t take that too well. I want to win fights, I’m a natural competitor,” said Bisping. “A win over Alan Belcher puts me back in the win column. It’s a win over a top-10 opponent and it gets me back in the mix for a title shot. As long as there’s life in my body, I’ll continue to try and get a title shot. I’m a fighter. I want to be the world champion. As long as my body can do it, I’m gonna keep trying.”

According to Bisping, there is indeed plenty of life left in his 34-year-old frame, a fact evidenced by his current physical status heading into his showdown with Belcher.

“Health-wise, going into this fight, I’m fantastic,” said Bisping. “We train hard and accumulate little injuries here and there, but there’s nothing that's going to hinder my performance and stop me from destroying Alan Belcher.”

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>

Watch the UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Streaming Live at 5 PM ET

Watch as the stars of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, field questions from the media on Friday at 5 p.m. ET, live from Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Video Replay

The headliners of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, fielded questions from the media on Friday in Las Vegas. read news >>

Dan Henderson to Retire After UFC 204: Latest Comments and Reaction

UFC's Dan Henderson announced Friday that his fight against Michael Bisping at UFC 204 on Oct. 8 will be the final one of his career, via ESPN.com's Arash Markazi. Henderson is 32-14 in his career an read news >>

Bisping seeks vengeance, Hendo wants to leave with belt

Middleweight champ Michael Bisping will defend his title for the first time at home in Manchester, England on Saturday, October 8 when he takes on MMA icon Dan Henderson in the main event of UFC 204. read news >>

Donald Cerrone Inks New 8-Fight UFC Deal

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone appears hell bent on riding out his career in the Octagon, as he's signed a new 8-fight deal with the UFC. read news >>