Much is riding on Michael Bisping’s middleweight clash with Alan Belcher at UFC 159, a fact that appears to be lost on neither fighter.

Though Belcher initially threw down the gauntlet by wagering tattoos and expensive automobiles against the Brit, Bisping has shown little interest in what he has called “stupid bets.” Instead, the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner has stuck to straight-ahead verbal barbs in the lead-up to his meeting with Belcher at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

“A win over me, for Alan Belcher, would be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career,” Bisping said Monday during a media conference call. “It’s in the bag. It’s a formality. All I’m going to do is show up, slap you in the face, take my check and go home.”

Naturally, Belcher disputed that proposed outcome to Saturday’s duel, but “The Talent” did agree with Bisping’s stance on just what a victory in this fight would accomplish for both men. Though Bisping has come close to earning a title shot in nearly seven years with the promotion, “The Count” has yet to secure a crack at Anderson Silva’s belt. Most recently, Bisping was knocked out by Vitor Belfort on Jan. 19 in a result that once again derailed the Brit’s title aspirations.

“You’re only as good as your last fight, and my last fight was a loss. I don’t take that too well. I want to win fights, I’m a natural competitor,” said Bisping. “A win over Alan Belcher puts me back in the win column. It’s a win over a top-10 opponent and it gets me back in the mix for a title shot. As long as there’s life in my body, I’ll continue to try and get a title shot. I’m a fighter. I want to be the world champion. As long as my body can do it, I’m gonna keep trying.”

According to Bisping, there is indeed plenty of life left in his 34-year-old frame, a fact evidenced by his current physical status heading into his showdown with Belcher.

“Health-wise, going into this fight, I’m fantastic,” said Bisping. “We train hard and accumulate little injuries here and there, but there’s nothing that's going to hinder my performance and stop me from destroying Alan Belcher.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Brendan Schaub and Bryan Callen, Riding the Whirlwind

On Tuesday, literally minutes before Brendan Schaub and Bryan Callen’s new cinematic web series The Fighter and the Kid 3D was released in its entirety, Bleacher Report spoke with the duo via telepho read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Gets the Call to Fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199

It won't be the initially planned rematch at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping got the call from the UFC to step in and face Luke Rockhold on short notice in Los Angeles. read news >>

Michael Bisping gets UFC 199 title shot following Chris Weidman injury

Michael Bisping is stepping in for the injured Chris Weidman to face champion Luke Rockhold for the middleweight championship at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. read news >>

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping Mud-Slinging Starts… Now!

Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping got into a heated war of words on UFC Tonight. Check out the video. read news >>