Picture
After Yushin Okami’s (29-7 MMA, 13-4 UFC) split decision win over Hector Lombard (32-4-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC in Japan last weekend, the Japanese mixed martial artist in his post-fight interview said that he wanted to fight Michael Bisping (23-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC). The brit responded during the UFC on Fuel TV post-show following the event: “Join the back of the line is all I’m going to say. Everybody seems to call me out at the moment.  I’m happy with that.  It means I’m going to have a job for a long, long time.”

“Thunder” has a three-fight win streak and is currently ranked the #8 middleweight in the world by Sherdog. Okami has also won Alan Belcher (18–7 MMA, 9-5 UFC) two times by decision, the man who will be Bisping’s next opponent in the co-main event of UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen on April 27.

“I’m fighting Alan Belcher and all my attention goes to him,” said Bisping.  “Yushin is an incredible opponent, and of course I’d like to fight him some day. I think I can beat him.  I’ll just throw that out there.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

UFC 198 Results: Shogun Rua Scores Split Decision Over Corey Anderson

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua picked up a split decision win over Corey Anderson on Saturday in front of his hometown crowd in Curitiba, Brazil. read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Gets the Call to Fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199

It won't be the initially planned rematch at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping got the call from the UFC to step in and face Luke Rockhold on short notice in Los Angeles. read news >>

Michael Bisping gets UFC 199 title shot following Chris Weidman injury

Michael Bisping is stepping in for the injured Chris Weidman to face champion Luke Rockhold for the middleweight championship at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. read news >>

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping Mud-Slinging Starts… Now!

Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping got into a heated war of words on UFC Tonight. Check out the video. read news >>