Michael Bisping isn’t backing away from his desire to one day face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and he’s willing to go through Brian Stann to get there.

The always outspoken former Ultimate Fighter winner was in attendance to witness Anderson Silva’s latest victory, a second round TKO over Chael Sonnen to cap off UFC 148.

While Bisping says he believes Silva’s knee strike that eventually brought about the end of the fight was illegal, he still gives the champion his due as the best in the world. He just happens to know he’d do much better against Silva than his last opponent did.

“I want to fight the guy because I want to see how I can do against him. I beat a lot of guys, but I want to beat that guy. I think I can do better and I’m never going to know that until I get in there with him. Yes, I want to fight him. Yes, I want to get paid for a title shot, I want the main event, I want all that, but for me personally for my mind and soul, I want to fight the guy to know how I would do,” Bisping told Fuel TV in an interview after UFC 148 ended.

“Because I think I can do better than Chael Sonnen did, in fact I know I can do better than what Chael Sonnen did.”

Right now however, Bisping is still recovering from knee surgery and waiting for his next appointment inside the Octagon.

He hopes to return at UFC 152 in Toronto in September, and while a number of opponents have been mentioned including fellow middleweight Alan Belcher, he’s also open to a fight against former WEC champion Brian Stann.

The decorated Marine recently told MMAWeekly.com that he wanted to fight Bisping and welcomed the fight to happen in Toronto this September.

“I think that’s a fight that I need to jump at because he’s obviously ranked higher than I am. He’s a guy that’s right up there in the mix for a title shot, which is what we all want. Of course I want to fight Michael Bisping,” said Stann.

Well if that’s the fight UFC matchmaker Joe Silva decides to put together, Bisping is more than happy to sign the contract and make the fight official.

“Brian Stann, it looks like your balls have grown a little bit. Listen mate, respect you’re a great fighter you really are, you’re a fantastic individual, I have nothing but respect but if you step into that Octagon with me you’re going to get your ass kicked so just know that,” said Bisping.

“So when you sign that contract, you’re going to get knocked out, you’re going to get beat down, You’re going to get cut up, you’re going to get bloody, you’re going to get messed up, you’re going to get beat. Period.”

It remains to be seen who will get the next crack at Bisping, but he’s obviously fired up and ready to get back in the Octagon with whoever the UFC throws at him.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Would Dan Henderson drop another flying H-bomb on Michael Bisping if given the chance? 'More than likely'

Dan Henderson insists it’s not personal with Michael Bisping. But if “Hendo” gets a chance to reenact his infamous finish of Bisping from UFC 100, would he do it?Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Would Michael Bisping Fight at UFC 205? | MMAWeekly.com

It would be a really, really quick turnaround, but would Michael Bisping, after fighting at UFC 204, get right back in the Octagon at UFC 205, if asked? read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Jose Aldo doubles down on request for UFC release, Max Holloway responds

Jose Aldo is doubling down on his desire for his release from the UFC, much to the chagrin of featherweight top contender Max HollowayJose Aldo did more than enough to earn his rematch against Conor read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>

Is There Anything That Could Keep Dan Henderson Out of Retirement? | MMAWeekly.com

Is there anything that could keep Dan Henderson out of retirement to fight again after the Michael Bisping bout at UFC 204? read news >>

Michael Bisping: The Pressure is On! | MMAWeekly.com

Heading into his UFC 204 showdown with Dan Henderson, Michael Bisping admits there is massive pressure on his shoulders. read news >>

After Burkman upset, Zak Ottow explains why he's thankful UFC didn't sign him sooner

PORTLAND, Ore. – Competing against an MMA veteran of more than 40 fights on short notice – in his UFC debut – was no problem for Zak Ottow. So, how’d he do it?Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>