Michael Bisping isn’t backing away from his desire to one day face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and he’s willing to go through Brian Stann to get there.

The always outspoken former Ultimate Fighter winner was in attendance to witness Anderson Silva’s latest victory, a second round TKO over Chael Sonnen to cap off UFC 148.

While Bisping says he believes Silva’s knee strike that eventually brought about the end of the fight was illegal, he still gives the champion his due as the best in the world. He just happens to know he’d do much better against Silva than his last opponent did.

“I want to fight the guy because I want to see how I can do against him. I beat a lot of guys, but I want to beat that guy. I think I can do better and I’m never going to know that until I get in there with him. Yes, I want to fight him. Yes, I want to get paid for a title shot, I want the main event, I want all that, but for me personally for my mind and soul, I want to fight the guy to know how I would do,” Bisping told Fuel TV in an interview after UFC 148 ended.

“Because I think I can do better than Chael Sonnen did, in fact I know I can do better than what Chael Sonnen did.”

Right now however, Bisping is still recovering from knee surgery and waiting for his next appointment inside the Octagon.

He hopes to return at UFC 152 in Toronto in September, and while a number of opponents have been mentioned including fellow middleweight Alan Belcher, he’s also open to a fight against former WEC champion Brian Stann.

The decorated Marine recently told MMAWeekly.com that he wanted to fight Bisping and welcomed the fight to happen in Toronto this September.

“I think that’s a fight that I need to jump at because he’s obviously ranked higher than I am. He’s a guy that’s right up there in the mix for a title shot, which is what we all want. Of course I want to fight Michael Bisping,” said Stann.

Well if that’s the fight UFC matchmaker Joe Silva decides to put together, Bisping is more than happy to sign the contract and make the fight official.

“Brian Stann, it looks like your balls have grown a little bit. Listen mate, respect you’re a great fighter you really are, you’re a fantastic individual, I have nothing but respect but if you step into that Octagon with me you’re going to get your ass kicked so just know that,” said Bisping.

“So when you sign that contract, you’re going to get knocked out, you’re going to get beat down, You’re going to get cut up, you’re going to get bloody, you’re going to get messed up, you’re going to get beat. Period.”

It remains to be seen who will get the next crack at Bisping, but he’s obviously fired up and ready to get back in the Octagon with whoever the UFC throws at him.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

How Tom Brady is making Jon Anik drop Brian Stann's 'Greatest Living American' tag

• 9 hours ago

UFC play-by-play man Jon Anik has long used the tag of “The Greatest Living American” to describe broadcast booth partner Brian Stann. But that may be coming to an end thanks to New England Patriots read news >>

VIDEO: Watch Rashad Evans Scare the Hell Out of Michael Bisping

• a day ago

We're pretty sure Michael Bisping needs a new pair of pants thanks to Rashad Evans. read news >>

Michael Bisping explains why he changed mind about Anderson Silva fight

Michael Bisping has had a change of heart about fighting Anderson Silva, saying the ex-champ gets a pass despite Bisping’s recent vow not to face those found using performance-enhancing drugs. Filed read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2089 with Michael Bisping, Michael McDonald

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Michael Bisping and Michael McDonald.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

After second consecutive withdrawal, Brian Cobb released from WSOF

After withdrawing from tomorrow’s WSOF eight-man, single-night lightweight tournament, Brian Cobb has been released from his contract with the Las Vegas-based promotion.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (1 p.m. ET): Michael Bisping, Michael McDonald, Houston Alexander

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Michael Bisping, Michael McDonald and Houston Alexander.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Ramsey Nijem says cut from UFC was result of refusal to sign new deal, not losing skid

Ramsey Nijem was one of many fighters who was released by the UFC in the promotion's latest roster purge. The former finalist on "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 13 thinks it had more to do with his unh read news >>

Featherweights Bekbulat Magomedov and Alexandre Bezerra sign with WSOF

WSOF has added depth to its featherweight roster by signing talented 145-pound fighters Bekbulat Magomedov and Alexandre Bezerra.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Scraps Old Contract for New 8-Fight Deal

With little muss or fuss, light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has scrapped his old UFC contract for a new eight-fight deal that makes him very happy. read news >>

Daniel Cormier, UFC Agree to New Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) signed an eight-fight contract with the organization Monday. According to Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie, Cormier met with the UFC and read news >>