Michael Bisping isn’t backing away from his desire to one day face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and he’s willing to go through Brian Stann to get there.

The always outspoken former Ultimate Fighter winner was in attendance to witness Anderson Silva’s latest victory, a second round TKO over Chael Sonnen to cap off UFC 148.

While Bisping says he believes Silva’s knee strike that eventually brought about the end of the fight was illegal, he still gives the champion his due as the best in the world. He just happens to know he’d do much better against Silva than his last opponent did.

“I want to fight the guy because I want to see how I can do against him. I beat a lot of guys, but I want to beat that guy. I think I can do better and I’m never going to know that until I get in there with him. Yes, I want to fight him. Yes, I want to get paid for a title shot, I want the main event, I want all that, but for me personally for my mind and soul, I want to fight the guy to know how I would do,” Bisping told Fuel TV in an interview after UFC 148 ended.

“Because I think I can do better than Chael Sonnen did, in fact I know I can do better than what Chael Sonnen did.”

Right now however, Bisping is still recovering from knee surgery and waiting for his next appointment inside the Octagon.

He hopes to return at UFC 152 in Toronto in September, and while a number of opponents have been mentioned including fellow middleweight Alan Belcher, he’s also open to a fight against former WEC champion Brian Stann.

The decorated Marine recently told MMAWeekly.com that he wanted to fight Bisping and welcomed the fight to happen in Toronto this September.

“I think that’s a fight that I need to jump at because he’s obviously ranked higher than I am. He’s a guy that’s right up there in the mix for a title shot, which is what we all want. Of course I want to fight Michael Bisping,” said Stann.

Well if that’s the fight UFC matchmaker Joe Silva decides to put together, Bisping is more than happy to sign the contract and make the fight official.

“Brian Stann, it looks like your balls have grown a little bit. Listen mate, respect you’re a great fighter you really are, you’re a fantastic individual, I have nothing but respect but if you step into that Octagon with me you’re going to get your ass kicked so just know that,” said Bisping.

“So when you sign that contract, you’re going to get knocked out, you’re going to get beat down, You’re going to get cut up, you’re going to get bloody, you’re going to get messed up, you’re going to get beat. Period.”

It remains to be seen who will get the next crack at Bisping, but he’s obviously fired up and ready to get back in the Octagon with whoever the UFC throws at him.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi in the Works for UFC 204

With Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson targeted as the UFC 204 headliner, a marquee match-up between Vitor Belfort and Gegard Mousasi is also in the works. read news >>

Joe Rogan Inks One-Year Deal with the UFC, Cuts Out International Events

UFC commentator Joe Rogan has signed a one-year contract to remain with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, but will no longer work international events. read news >>

Desmond Green Aiming for Big Finishes, as He Pushes for a UFC Contract

Heading into Titan FC 40, Desmond Green is looking to finish fights in devastating fashion, in hopes of making the move to the UFC. read news >>

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>

McGregor tells GQ when he'll KO Diaz

Conor McGregor sat down with GQ.com and gives a prediction for UFC 202, where he'll rematch with Nate Diaz. read news >>

Watch the UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Streaming Live at 5 PM ET

Watch as the stars of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, field questions from the media on Friday at 5 p.m. ET, live from Las Vegas. read news >>