Michael Bisping - UFC on Fox 2

Michael Bisping

When reports kicked up that a UFC on FX 7 fighter failed his drug test for the event on Jan. 19 in Brazil, rumors started flying, pointing the finger at Vitor Belfort, who defeated Michael Bisping in the main event.

As it turns out, it was Thiago Tavares that tested positive, not Belfort.

Belfort has still come under much scrutiny, however, when it became public that he had a therapeutic use exemption for Testosterone for that fight.

Bisping has long been a critic of TRT usage in mixed martial arts, and while he makes no excuses for his loss to Belfort, the brash British fighter did recently release an official statement about Belfort’s “legal” TRT usage.

Official Michael Bisping Statement on Vitor Belfort:

As some of you may know, I’ve just got back to Orange County from filming a movie in England.   There have been dozens and dozens of interview requests and tweets about the recent news.

I’m back in England next week for the UFC on FUEL show, and right now all I really want to do is see my family, especially my daughter, who turned just turned 10 (happy birthday, Elle!). So, I wanted to do a short statement here and then move on to my fight with Alan Belcher, April 27th at UFC 159.

Here’s what I’ve got to say:

As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don’t like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.

Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear.  I don’t feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now.  All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally.  A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don’t understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.

All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk.  I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way.  That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher’s ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.

Thanks everyone for their support – can’t wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Cain Velasquez gives his side of the story on UFC 207 withdrawal

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez posted a statement on his official Facebook page to explain his side of the story on the cancelation of his rematch with fellow ex-champ Fabricio Werdum read news >>

Ronda Rousey Releases Statement on Her UFC Future | MMAWeekly.com

Following a 48-second drubbing at the hands of bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 207, Ronda Rousey released a statement about her future. read news >>

Marquee Fighters Gear Up for UFC 207 Fight Week (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Women's bantamweight champ Amanda Nunes happily gets her official fight week duties underway. Bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz packs for Vegas. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Mom Releases Statement to Her Daughter's Detractors | MMAWeekly.com

It’s never easy for a parent to see a child stumble and fall. But Ronda Rousey‘s mom, AnnMaria De Mars is perhaps more equipped than most to understand her daughter’s plight after Amanda Nunes disman read news >>

Amanda Nunes: 'I'm Going to Make a Statement (UFC 207 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Amanda Nunes is ready to make another statement next week. "The Lioness" defends her title for the first time against former champ Ronda Rousey at UFC 207. read news >>

Nunes vs. Rousey: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 207

The weigh-ins are over, the main event is official, the only thing left to do is get Amanda Nunes and Ronda Rousey in the Octagon to fight for the bantamweight title Friday night. Both Nunes and Rous read news >>

Michael Bisping just threw a wrench in fellow UFC champ Tyron Woodley's plans

For the first time in his career, UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley is in high demand. All sorts of opponents are clamoring to fight him, and he’s determined to get the biggest matchup possible.Fi read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 official weigh-in photos: Penn, Rodriguez official and ready

PHOENIX – The official weigh-ins are complete for the UFC’s Sunday return to Phoenix, and the fighters are official.Filed under: News, Photo Gallery, UFC read news >>

UFC 207 Nunes vs. Rousey Results: Matches to Make for the Winners and Losers

Amanda Nunes made a statement at UFC 207, and Ronda Rousey was the pulpit. Nunes ousted the former dominant figure in just 48 seconds. The victory leaves a giant question mark on Rousey's future as w read news >>