Michael Bisping - UFC on Fox 2

Michael Bisping

When reports kicked up that a UFC on FX 7 fighter failed his drug test for the event on Jan. 19 in Brazil, rumors started flying, pointing the finger at Vitor Belfort, who defeated Michael Bisping in the main event.

As it turns out, it was Thiago Tavares that tested positive, not Belfort.

Belfort has still come under much scrutiny, however, when it became public that he had a therapeutic use exemption for Testosterone for that fight.

Bisping has long been a critic of TRT usage in mixed martial arts, and while he makes no excuses for his loss to Belfort, the brash British fighter did recently release an official statement about Belfort’s “legal” TRT usage.

Official Michael Bisping Statement on Vitor Belfort:

As some of you may know, I’ve just got back to Orange County from filming a movie in England.   There have been dozens and dozens of interview requests and tweets about the recent news.

I’m back in England next week for the UFC on FUEL show, and right now all I really want to do is see my family, especially my daughter, who turned just turned 10 (happy birthday, Elle!). So, I wanted to do a short statement here and then move on to my fight with Alan Belcher, April 27th at UFC 159.

Here’s what I’ve got to say:

As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don’t like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.

Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear.  I don’t feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now.  All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally.  A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don’t understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.

All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk.  I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way.  That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher’s ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.

Thanks everyone for their support – can’t wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 92 Weigh-in Live from Salt Lake City at 7 PM ET

Watch the UFC Fight Night Salt Lake City official weigh-in streaming live on Friday at 7 p.m. ET from the Vivint Smart Home Arena. read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>

Tweets of the Week - 8/12

A look at the best tweets from the world of UFC. Follow @ufc, the list of official UFC accounts, and the list of UFC fighters to keep up with these guys and gals. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

UFC 202 Embedded, Episode 4: If I’m Not Fighting, I’m Dying

On Episode 4 of UFC 202 Embedded, things go sideways at the official press conference when one headliner is late, one walks out and a near-brawl erupts. read news >>

Watch the Official UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 Weigh-In Streaming Live at 7 PM ET

Watch the official weigh-in for UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2, streaming live at 7 p.m. ET from the Marquee Ballroom at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. read news >>

Watch the UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Streaming Live at 5 PM ET

Watch as the stars of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, field questions from the media on Friday at 5 p.m. ET, live from Las Vegas. read news >>