Michael-Bisping-UFC-120-460x270UFC middleweight Michael Bisping was scheduled to headline UFC Fight Night 30 on Saturday at the Phones4U Arena in Manchester, England, against Mark Munoz, but was forced out of the fight and off the card due to an eye injury. Former light heavyweight titleholder Lyoto Machida replaced Bisping and made his 185-pound debut on the card.

Bisping suffered a detached retina while preparing to face Munoz. It’s a reoccurring injury that he first suffered in his UFC 159 fight with Alan Belcher.

Bisping recently indicated that he’d like to face the winner of Machida vs. Munoz, but UFC president Dana White eliminated that possibility during the event’s post-fight press conference.

“Here’s the thing. I love that kid. I love Mike Bisping. He’s out six months. He’s out for six months. Have you seen his eye? His eye is a mess, so he’s going to be out for a while,” said White.

Bisping believes he’ll be ready to return in March, but White scoffed at the possibility.

“What he believes and what the doctor believes are two different things,” said the UFC president. “When he becomes a doctor then I’ll start listening to what Mike Bisping thinks about his eye.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Video: Watch episode 1 of 'Dana White: Lookin' for a Fight'

  • 29 days ago
  • 34 views

After a successful pilot episode that saw UFC officials bring Sage Northcutt to the octagon, the first episode of “Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight” is now online.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: Ryan Bader will 'deserve his shot' at UFC title with win over Anthony Johnson

  • 29 days ago
  • 20 views

Title shot promises from Dana White are often taken with a grain of salt, but at least Ryan Bader can say he has the UFC president on record supporting his cause.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

State of the UFC: Dana White Discusses the Future of Several UFC Divisions (Video)

  • 27 days ago
  • 271 views

UFC president Dana White joined UFC Tonight to discuss a rematch between Carlos Condit and Robbie Lawler, the controversial outcome, Holly Holm's next fight and more. read news >>

Michael Bisping Plans to Knock Anderson Silva Out

  • 27 days ago
  • 65 views

Seventh-ranked middleweight Michael “The Count” Bisping has always wanted to fight former champion Anderson Silva and plans to knock him out when they meet on Feb. 27. read news >>

Old school Alvarez ready for Pettis test

  • 28 days ago
  • 5 views

Eddie Alvarez is old school - all he wants is a good, evenly matched fight. He'll get his wish next week at Fight Night Boston against Anthony Pettis. read news >>

Dana White Explains Frank Fertitta's Reaction to Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor

  • 25 days ago
  • 1299 views

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has lifted the lid on Frank Fertitta's attention-grabbing reaction to Conor McGregor's 13-second knockout victory over Jose Aldo at UFC 194 in Dece read news >>

NSAC quickly, quietly passes settlement with Nick Diaz, now suspended 18 months

  • 24 days ago
  • 31 views

The NSAC today moved quickly to approve a settlement with suspended UFC welterweight Nick Diaz, voting unanimously to reduce his five-year suspension to 18 months with a $100,000 fine.Filed under: Fe read news >>

Nick Diaz's UFC Suspension Reduced to 18 Months: Latest Details and Reaction

  • 24 days ago
  • 9 views

Nick Diaz will be permitted to return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 1 after it was confirmed his five-year drug suspension had been reduced to 18 months, along with a $100,000 fine. read news >>

UFC 196's Werdum vs. Velasquez headliner gets referee, judges

  • 24 days ago
  • 8 views

The Nevada State Athletic Commission today named the officials for next month’s UFC 196 headliner.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Twitter reacts to Nick Diaz's NSAC hearing, reduced sentence and fine

  • 24 days ago
  • 49 views

After months of waiting, Nick Diaz finally today reached a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission that saw his five-year ban and hefty fine reduced. Check out the reactions.Filed under: read news >>