Michael-Bisping-02_UFC110-460x270UFC middleweights Michael Bisping and Alan Belcher have been entangled in bitter war of words for months.  It’s no secret that the two men do not like each other.  They’ve gone at each other in interview after interview and they’ve engaged in insult exchanges on social media.

But the time for talking is nearly over.

The two meet in the UFC 159 co-main event on Saturday to settle their differences. Bisping believes there’s no way he can lose to Belcher.

“Health wise, going into this fight I’m fantastic.  Fighters train hard and we accumulate injuries over the years, but nothing that is going to stop me from destroying Alan Belcher come Saturday night,” said Bisping during a media conference call on Monday.

“I’ve got a great camp, feel fantastic.  Yes, as I said, all fighters kind of carry a couple of injuries here and there, but there’s nothing that’s going to hinder my performance and nothing on this planet that is going to help Alan Belcher.”

Bisping was on the cusp of earning a title shot in the 185-pound division, but was knocked out by Vitor Belfort in his last outing on Jan. 19. He hopes a win over Belcher will put him back in the title picture.

“Well, obviously it draws me back in the win column.  It eradicates my last loss.  You’re only as good as your last fight and my last fight was a loss.  And I don’t take that too well.  I want to win fights. I’m a natural competitor.  A win over Alan Belcher puts me back in the win column.  As I say, I get redemption for my last fight.  It’s a win over a Top 10 opponent,” he said.

“And it gets me back in the mix for the title shot.  That’s what I want, and as long as there’s blood – sorry, life in my body – I will continue to try and get that title shot.  I’m a fighter.  I want to be the world champion, and I ain’t stopping until – as long as my body can do it, I’m going to keep trying,” said the 34-year-old Brit.

“A win over me for Alan Belcher will be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career,” he added, not believing in any way that it will happen.

Bisping’s confidence is high heading into the fight with Belcher.  On the call, he addressed Belcher directly, claiming the fight is all but over before it begins.

“Hey bro, I ain’t going to lose to you, man.  It’s in the bag.  All I got to do is – it’s a formality.  I just got to show up, slap your little face, take my check and go home.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Gets the Call to Fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199

It won't be the initially planned rematch at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping got the call from the UFC to step in and face Luke Rockhold on short notice in Los Angeles. read news >>

Michael Bisping gets UFC 199 title shot following Chris Weidman injury

Michael Bisping is stepping in for the injured Chris Weidman to face champion Luke Rockhold for the middleweight championship at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. read news >>

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping Mud-Slinging Starts… Now!

Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping got into a heated war of words on UFC Tonight. Check out the video. read news >>

Uriah Hall Says Luke Rockhold Made ‘Smart Move’ Accepting Fight with Michael Bisping Instead of Him

Uriah Hall offered to step in and fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199. Not getting the call, he said Rockhold made the right choice to avoid him and go with Michael Bisping. read news >>