You can say what you want about Michael Bisping, but the guy sure knows how to sell a fight.

With two months remaining until Bisping returns to action at UFC 152 to face decorated Marine turned middleweight contender Brian Stann, the brash Brit is already doing his part to make their co-main event fight the biggest thing on the upcoming card in Toronto.

So big in fact that Bisping believes their bout is the real headliner and not the 125lb title fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson.

“In my opinion, and I think in most people’s, this is the main event. This is the real main event. Two big hard hitting guys. No one cares about little flyweights, this is the real main event, this is the real big fight, tune in cause someone’s getting knocked out, ain’t going to be me though,” said Bisping when speaking to Fuel TV on Saturday.

“This is the real main event of UFC 152.”

Bisping believes his fight with Stann holds a lot of significance beyond just his belief that it should be the main event because of the two fighters involved.

With no clear-cut top dog in the division waiting to face middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Bisping thinks that his fight with Stann should declare the next contender to step in against the legendary fighter in the Octagon.

“I’ve been around the UFC since 2005, I’ve been consistently fighting the best guys in the world, and I’ve done very, very well. I was robbed in a decision when I fought Chael (Sonnen), if I hadn’t been robbed there when I beat Brian, I’ll be on a six fight win streak, I think I deserve a shot,” said Bisping.

“Whoever wins this we should get the next shot.”

Some have scoffed at Bisping’s notion that he’s truly the No. 1 contender at 185lbs, while also balking at his over the top confidence as he heads into another tough fight.

The truth is Bisping is just showing confidence in his ability to win a fight because that’s what he believes he will do. Some call it cocky, but Bisping just calls it believing in himself.

“We’re fighters, you can’t go in there thinking you’re not going to win. You’ve got to be confident, and I’m very confident,” Bisping stated. “I’ve been around here a long, long time, and I’m good at what I do. Brian, he’s a fantastic fighter, but I think I’m a better fighter, and that’s what makes it a fight.

“I’m going to go out there and do everything I can to punch you in the face as many times as possible and he’s going to do the same.”

Bisping will get the chance to back that up when he faces Brian Stann in Toronto on Sept 22 as the co-main event at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Michael Bisping's plan: 'Destroy Anderson Silva,' get long-awaited title shot

Michael Bisping has no doubt he’s going to have his way with Anderson Silva at UFC Fight Night 83. When he does, he said he plans to “demand” a UFC title shot.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Despite UFC’s New, Bold Drug Policy, Michael Bisping Says Fighters Are Still Willing to Cheat

Despite the UFC's recently implemented drug testing policy, middleweight contender Michael Bisping says cheaters are still going to cheat. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 84: Check out Anderson Silva's and Michael Bisping's greatest hits

After debunking some injury reports on Monday, Michael Bisping is gearing up for his long-awaited shot at former longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

UFC Fight Night 84 Video: Top 5 Main Event Knockouts

UFC Fight Night 84 headliners Anderson Silva and Michael Bisping have had their share of memorable finishes inside the Octagon. Look back at their top knockouts. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 84 Free Fight: Michael Bisping Narrowly Defeats Yoshihiro Akiyama

Michael Bisping and Yoshihiro Akiyama's clashed at UFC 120 earning Fight of the Night honors after going the full three rounds. read news >>

VIDEO: Michael Bisping Slams Romero and Belfort, Makes Case for Title Shot

Michael Bisping, nearing his fight with Anderson Silva, makes his case for a title shot with a win over Silva, calling Yoel Romero and Vitor Belfort cheaters and scumbags. read news >>

VIDEO: Anderson Silva Responds to Michael Bisping’s Cheater Comments

• a day ago

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva responded to his UFC Fight Night 84 opponent, Michael Bisping, calling him a cheater. read news >>

Video: Michael Bisping takes aim at Anderson Silva in media scrum

• a day ago

TORRANCE, Calif. – Anderson Silva has the respect of UFC Fight Night 83 opponent Michael Bisping. But only to a point.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping Confronts Anderson Silva in Verbal Exchange Before UFC London

• a day ago

Michael Bisping confronted Anderson Silva over his use of performance-enhancing drugs (PED) ahead of the pair's London clash on Feb. 27 at UFC Fight Night 84. Former long-term middleweight champion S read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 46: Silva, Bisping, Henderson

• a day ago

Episode No. 46 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Anderson Silva, Michael Bisping and Benson Henderson, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>