You can say what you want about Michael Bisping, but the guy sure knows how to sell a fight.

With two months remaining until Bisping returns to action at UFC 152 to face decorated Marine turned middleweight contender Brian Stann, the brash Brit is already doing his part to make their co-main event fight the biggest thing on the upcoming card in Toronto.

So big in fact that Bisping believes their bout is the real headliner and not the 125lb title fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson.

“In my opinion, and I think in most people’s, this is the main event. This is the real main event. Two big hard hitting guys. No one cares about little flyweights, this is the real main event, this is the real big fight, tune in cause someone’s getting knocked out, ain’t going to be me though,” said Bisping when speaking to Fuel TV on Saturday.

“This is the real main event of UFC 152.”

Bisping believes his fight with Stann holds a lot of significance beyond just his belief that it should be the main event because of the two fighters involved.

With no clear-cut top dog in the division waiting to face middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Bisping thinks that his fight with Stann should declare the next contender to step in against the legendary fighter in the Octagon.

“I’ve been around the UFC since 2005, I’ve been consistently fighting the best guys in the world, and I’ve done very, very well. I was robbed in a decision when I fought Chael (Sonnen), if I hadn’t been robbed there when I beat Brian, I’ll be on a six fight win streak, I think I deserve a shot,” said Bisping.

“Whoever wins this we should get the next shot.”

Some have scoffed at Bisping’s notion that he’s truly the No. 1 contender at 185lbs, while also balking at his over the top confidence as he heads into another tough fight.

The truth is Bisping is just showing confidence in his ability to win a fight because that’s what he believes he will do. Some call it cocky, but Bisping just calls it believing in himself.

“We’re fighters, you can’t go in there thinking you’re not going to win. You’ve got to be confident, and I’m very confident,” Bisping stated. “I’ve been around here a long, long time, and I’m good at what I do. Brian, he’s a fantastic fighter, but I think I’m a better fighter, and that’s what makes it a fight.

“I’m going to go out there and do everything I can to punch you in the face as many times as possible and he’s going to do the same.”

Bisping will get the chance to back that up when he faces Brian Stann in Toronto on Sept 22 as the co-main event at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Gets the Call to Fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199

It won't be the initially planned rematch at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping got the call from the UFC to step in and face Luke Rockhold on short notice in Los Angeles. read news >>

Michael Bisping gets UFC 199 title shot following Chris Weidman injury

Michael Bisping is stepping in for the injured Chris Weidman to face champion Luke Rockhold for the middleweight championship at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. read news >>

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping Mud-Slinging Starts… Now!

Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping got into a heated war of words on UFC Tonight. Check out the video. read news >>

Uriah Hall Says Luke Rockhold Made ‘Smart Move’ Accepting Fight with Michael Bisping Instead of Him

Uriah Hall offered to step in and fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199. Not getting the call, he said Rockhold made the right choice to avoid him and go with Michael Bisping. read news >>