‘Mayhem’ Arrested for Simple Assault, False Imprisonment


Jason Miller was arrested in North Carolina on Aug. 7. | Photo: Dave Mandel


UFC middleweight Jason Miller was arrested in North Carolina on Aug. 7 on charges of simple assault and false imprisonment.

TMZ.com first reported the arrest on Friday. According to the report, “Mayhem” attended a house party with his sister, who attempted to leave the gathering. Miller allegedly prevented her from doing so by placing her in a headlock, the report said. Miller’s sister then reportedly escaped the hold and notified the Chatham County Sheriff. TMZ reports that Miller was arrested later that night.

The Chatham County Sheriff’s Office has documented the arrest on its website, confirming that the 30-year-old Californian was arrested by Sergeant Eric Lindley on charges of simple assault and false imprisonment. Miller was released on $5,000 bail and is scheduled to appear in Chatham County District Court in Siler City, N.C., on Aug. 16.

In 2006, Miller was acquitted on charges of burglary and assault after he was accused of forcibly entering a girlfriend’s Hawaii apartment and assaulting another man in December 2005. A Circuit Court jury found Miller not guilty on charges of first-degree burglary, third-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal property damage.

“Mayhem” will serve as a coach opposite Michael Bisping on the upcoming 14th season of the UFC’s long-running reality show, “The Ultimate Fighter,” on Spike TV. Miller recently signed a new deal with the world’s largest promotion after his Strikeforce contract expired this year. The host of MTV’s “Bully Beatdown” reality series, Miller’s lone Octagon appearance came in 2005, when he suffered a unanimous decision defeat to future welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 52. Miller’s management could not immediately be reached for comment.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 29 days ago
  • 1 views

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman isn’t known for talking a lot of trash before his fights and for the most part has been amicable with his opponents. Ahead of his UFC 184 title defense against read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 19 views

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva explains why he chose to not retire following breaking his leg at UFC 168 during "The Time is Now" press conference in Las Vegas on Monday. read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 0 views

UFC middleweight Luke Barnatt has spent the past four or five months of his life living on a 35-foot yacht in San Diego. The president of a longtime sponsor told him he could live there. Filed under: read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 1 views

UFC middleweight title challenger Vitor Belfort passed a random drug test administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in advance of his February title fight against champ Chris Weidman.Filed read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 1 views

UFC middleweight title challenger Vitor Belfort has passed a random drug test administered to him by Nevada's Athletic Commission earlier this month. The leading storyline in the build-up to Chris We read news >>

  • 22 days ago
  • 5 views

The UFC signs a new middleweight, for a short notice bout at light heavyweight. The injury wheel never stops spinning, even for a moment. Or, at least I think it's the injury wheel. Reports, at the m read news >>

  • 22 days ago
  • 2 views

With news that UFC middleweight Vitor Belfort had passed the first of assumably several random drug tests, the No. 1 contender sounds happy to be moving forward without testosterone replacement thera read news >>

  • 22 days ago
  • 3 views

As he prepares to challenge UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman, Vitor Belfort says he's "stronger, lighter and faster" since he quit using TRT. read news >>

  • 18 days ago
  • 211 views

Four of the world’s top middleweight fighters are scheduled to compete at February’s UFC 184 event. If anyone’s unable to make the date, Luke Rockhold said he’ll be ready to fill the void.Filed under read news >>

Jump to: