Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told MMAWeekly.com.

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Cody Mumma Riding High into RFA 34 Showdown, Targets UFC in 2016

Riding a three-fight hot streak into 2016, Cody Mumma sees his UFC shot coming this year. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 81 results: Luke Sanders chokes Maximo Blanco in octagon debut

BOSTON – Just moments after looking like he might fall prey to a Maximo Blanco choke, Luke Sanders turned the tables in swift, stunning fashion for a first-round victory.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey targets Holly Holm rematch in 2016: 'That's what I want to do'

It won’t happen at UFC 200 in July, but Ronda Rousey wants her championship rematch with women’s bantamweight titleholder Holly Holm to take place before the year is out. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Luke Sanders on UFC-debut win, surviving choke: 'I feel right at home' here

Maximo Blanco nearly choked out Luke Sanders, who survived and then secured a fight-ending choke of his own. How did the newcomer do it? Some self-confidence helped.Filed under: Featured Videos, News read news >>

CM Punk Reveals 8-Fight UFC Plan, Expects 'Disappointed' Fans After Debut Bout

CM Punk indicated that he has signed an eight-fight UFC deal and has prepared his detractors to be "disappointed" when he wins his debut clash later this year. The former WWE star is adamant that his read news >>

Conor McGregor’s Plan was Always to Hold Two UFC Titles at the Same Time

From the moment he signed his name on the UFC contract in 2013, Conor McGregor's plan was to hold two UFC world titles at the same time. read news >>

Former UFC champ Benson Henderson announces he's signed with Bellator

His manager said Benson Henderson would be signing a new deal soon. Today, the former UFC champion went ahead and broke the news: He’s signed with Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator Signs Former Pride Heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov

Pride and Strikeforce veteran Sergei Kharitonov is the latest free agent signed by Bellator MMA. read news >>

ONE exec: We made a play for Benson Henderson, will make play for others

• a day ago

If Benson Henderson hadn’t signed with Bellator, ONE Championship was apparently a serious contender to land the former UFC and WEC lightweight champion.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>