Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told MMAWeekly.com.

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Magana Added to TUF 21 Finale

Newly signed UFC strawweight Michelle Waterson will make her promotional debut at the Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale, officials announced late Wednesday evening. read news >>

Michelle Waterson makes UFC debut against Angela Magana in July

"The Karate Hottie" is booked for her first UFC fight. Michelle Waterson will debut against Angela Magana at The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale on July 12 in a Florida city yet to be named, the UFC annou read news >>

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Magana Signed for TUF 21 Finale

Michelle Waterson has her first fight booked under the UFC banner as she will meet Angela Magana at The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale. The UFC made the announcement just 24 hours after announcing that W read news >>

Michelle Waterson's UFC debut set vs. Angela Magana at July's TUF 21 Finale

Former Invicta FC atomweight titleholder Michelle Waterson will move up in weight to the UFC women’s strawweight division and make her octagon debut against Angela Magana at the TUF 21 Finale on July read news >>

Steve Bosse drops to middleweight, meets Thiago Santos at TUF: Brazil 4 Finale

Steve Bosse will finally make his UFC debut in June. The Canadian fighter, who stepped in as a ‘plan B’ for Quinton Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado at UFC 186, is now set to face Thiago Santos at The Ult read news >>

Steve Bosse vs. Thiago Santos added to TUF: Brazil Finale in Sao Paulo

Steve Bosse will make his UFC debut after all, and in hostile territory, as he takes on Thiago 'Marreta' Santos in Sao Paulo at the TUF: Brazil Finale. Just as he was promised, Steve Bosse got anothe read news >>

Steve Bosse vs. Thiago 'Marreta' Santos booked for UFC Fight Night 70 in Brazil

A week after his UFC debut was shut down (for a second time), Steve Bosse once again has something to look forward to. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Michelle “The Karate Hottie” Waterson Signs with the UFC

Former Invicta FC atomweight champion Michelle “The Karate Hottie” Waterson (12-4) has signed with the UFC to compete as a strawweight. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Episode 2 Preview

Following a debut episode where American Top Team fell to the Blackzilians in the opening fight of the series, The Ultimate Fighter will kick off episode 2 with just as much emotion, as the two rival read news >>