Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Video: Get a sneak peek at Tuesday's debut of 'UFC 1 on 1: B.J. Penn'

One of the greatest lightweights in MMA history is the focus of a new FOX Sports 1 special that debuts Tuesday.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gastelum at a Different Level of Maturity

When 15th-ranked welterweight Kelvin Gastelum signed on for a fight with the number five-ranked Matt Brown, the 24-year-old fighting out of Huntington Beach, California was understandably excited. read news >>

Video: Sage Northcutt went on the local news to bend a frying pan

After a successful UFC debut, what’s Sage Northcutt doing to prepare for his sophomore effort? Destroying cooking equipment, it seems.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video: Watch riveting welterweight debut for UFC Fight Night 79's Benson Henderson

Ahead of UFC Fight Night 79 and his headliner against Jorge Masvidal on Nov. 28, check out Benson Henderson’s welterweight debut against Brandon Thatch earlier this year at UFC Fight Night 60. Filed read news >>

Josh Koscheck Headlines Bellator 148 Against Matt Secor

The highly anticipated Bellator MMA debut of Josh Koscheck (17-10) will take place in his home town of Fresno, Calif. on January 29 at Bellator 148: Koscheck vs. Secor. read news >>

UFC 193 preview: A closer look at Ronda Rousey's career statistics

Ronda Rousey’s pro debut came less than five years ago, but the 28-year-old has already taken the sport by storm – both in and out of the octagon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video: 'UFC 193 Embedded: Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm' full episode

Did you miss the debut of “UFC Embedded: Rousey vs. Holm,” or just want to watch it again? Check out the full episode inside. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 77's Jimmie Rivera is a teacher first, fighter second

Jimmie Rivera is on a 16-fight winning streak and made his UFC debut with a sub-90 second knockout win att UFC Fight Night 72. You might expect that fighting is his overwhelming passion with that lev read news >>

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Daniel Cormier, UFC Agree to New Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) signed an eight-fight contract with the organization Monday. According to Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie, Cormier met with the UFC and read news >>