Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told MMAWeekly.com.

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Latest Bellator 141 fight card and rumors for 'Guillard vs Girtz' on Spike TV

Two Lightweights collide in the main event of Bellator 141: "Guillard vs. Girtz," which is scheduled to go down inside Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif., on Aug. 28, 2015. The Spike TV-tel read news >>

Latest CM Punk update: Watch video of UFC rookie sparring, grappling ahead of (eventual) Octagon debut

"I definitely don't want to wait too long. I understand all the criticism. Here I am with you interviewing me, they're making me do media, all this stuff. Eventually you're sick of talking about it a read news >>

Diego Sanchez Makes Featherweight Debut Against Ricardo Lamas in Mexico

After having debuted in the UFC as a middleweight in 2005 and competing as a welterweight and lightweight, Diego Sanchez will debut as a featherweight on Nov. 21 against Ricardo Lamas. read news >>

Diego Sanchez to make UFC featherweight debut vs. Ricardo Lamas

Diego Sanchez will make his debut at 145 lbs this November in a big fight against top 10 ranked Ricardo Lamas. Diego Sanchez, perhaps quite fittingly, is the only cast member from the inaugural seaso read news >>

Diego Sanchez heads to featherweight, meets Ricardo Lamas at UFC Fight Night 79

Diego Sanchez is set to make his debut in his fourth different UFC weight class as part of November’s UFC Fight Night 79 event in Mexico.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

GLORY 23 predictions contest: Win bad ass signed gloves, become an instant MMAmania.com legend!

You are just three correct fight picks away from immortal MMAmania.com GLORY ... This weekend (Fri., Aug. 7, 2015) marks another one-night, four-man Middleweight tournament for the foremost kickboxin read news >>

Ronda Rousey '30 for 30' Parody Perfectly Illustrates How Bethe Correia Erred

What if I told you Bethe Correia messed up?What if I told you she signed her very own death warrant the moment she made a dumb suicide remark to Ronda Rousey?What if I told you this fight was over mo read news >>

Jake Shields outraged at Rousimar Palhares: ‘What he did was absolutely blatant cheating'

LAS VEGAS -- Jake Shields knew what he was getting into when he signed up to fight Rousimar Palhares at World Series of Fighting 22, but what transpired Saturday night was even beyond what he could'v read news >>

WSOF 22: Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Jorge Moreno video highlights

LAS VEGAS – Abubakar Nurmagomedov made a successful WSOF debut and earned a dominant unanimous-decision victory over fellow welterweight Jorge Moreno..Filed under: News, Videos, WSOF read news >>

Dan Henderson vs. Vitor Belfort Trilogy Fight Signed for Sao Paulo in November

Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort will run it back. The two MMA veterans will clash in November in Sao Paulo, Brazil. UFC Fight Night 78 will be the event on November 7. The two first met in PRIDE 32 i read news >>