Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told MMAWeekly.com.

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Michelle Waterson vs. Angela Magana Added to TUF 21 Finale

Newly signed UFC strawweight Michelle Waterson will make her promotional debut at the Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale, officials announced late Wednesday evening. read news >>

WSOF 20 results and GIFs: Branch chokes out McElligott,Phoenix Jones loses WSOF debut

Check out all the action from last night's World series of Fighting event which saw David Branch take on Jess McElligott in the opening round of the light heavyweight tournament. The World Series of read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 predictions

The UFC makes their debut in Poland and while the company isn't able to showcase their best Polish talent, they do offer a main event with sentimental name value. MMA heavyweight legend Mirko Cro Cop read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Mirko Cro Cop full fight video preview

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will make its debut in Poland later today (Sat., April 11, 2015) from inside the Krakow Arena with UFC Fight Night 64, headlined by the heavyweight rematch betwee read news >>

With Rampage Jackson out, Steve Bosse to make debut against Fabio Maldonado at UFC 186

Well that is an interesting replacement... With a court ruling pulling Quinton Jackson from the scheduled UFC 186 pay-per-view (PPV) on Sat., April 25, 2015 from inside the Bell Centre in Montreal, Q read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 predictions, preview, and analysis

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will make its debut in Poland tomorrow afternoon (Sat., April 11, 2015) with UFC Fight Night 64: "Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop 2," headlined by a couple of past-their-prim read news >>

Matt Brown reveals signed contract for 5 round Nate Diaz fight

Nate Diaz started some controversy, claiming that he wasn't interested in a planned bout between himself and Matt Brown at 170 lbs. But, Brown appears to be calling his bluff and showing everyone tha read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 preview: Is 'Wild Boys' a dumb song?

KRAKOW, Poland – On Saturday, the UFC makes its Polish debut. Ahead of the card, MMAjunkie’s John Morgan and Chamatkar Sandhu discuss the night’s important topics, including the street cred of Duran read news >>

Jan Blachowicz: Right Where He Belongs

Jan Blachowicz's quick TKO of Ilir Latifi in UFC debut immediately put him on the map, and also landed him a co-main event slot against Jimi Manuwa in the UFC’s first Polish show this Saturday. read news >>