Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told MMAWeekly.com.

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

‘Superhero’ Phoenix Jones signs with WSOF

Seattle "superhero" Phoenix Jones has signed with World Series of Fighting and will debut for the promotion next month at WSOF 20 Ben Fodor was a rising MMA star, before a robbery involving his son f read news >>

Welcome to the UFC, Fabinski & Galindo

A new middleweight fighter and a new featherweight make their way to the UFC. When the UFC's debut card in Poland was announced, there was a lot of hope that the promotion would be scooping up some n read news >>

Tyrone Spong wins pro boxing debut via first-round KO

After almost a year-long hiatus from professional fighting, Glory and WSOF light-heavyweight Tyrone Spong has made a successful comeback on Friday and won the first boxing match of his career via fir read news >>

UFC 185 Free Fight Video: Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Juliana Lima | MMAWeekly.com

Watch no. 1 women's strawweight contender Joanna Jedrzejczyk debut her skills against Juliana Lima inside the Octagon. read news >>

GIF: Tyrone Spong makes boxing debut, viciously knocks out Gabor Farkas in first round

Good to see the "King of the Ring" is back. The last time we saw Tyrone Spong inside a ring, the Surinamese-Dutch kickboxer was carried out on a stretcher after breaking his foot against Gokhan Saki read news >>

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman signs with Paradigm Sports Management

The UFC's middleweight champion has a new management team. Chris Weidman has signed with Paradigm Sports Management for full-service representation, Weidman told MMAFighting.com. Within MMA, Paradigm read news >>

'The Ultimate Fighter 22' tryouts slated for lightweights, welterweights on March 29

After 10 years in the game, The Ultimate Fighter continues to march on. Tryouts for the twenty-second American season of UFC's flagship reality show are slated to be held on Sunday, March 29 at the P read news >>

The Beaten Path: Welsh Bantamweight Prospect Brett Johns Raring for Titan Debut

You could say Brett Johns is ready to make a change. “There’s not much to do in Wales,” he said. “ It’s farmland. You have to work for everything on the farm. From a young age, basically, I would sho read news >>

BJJ world champion Gabi Garcia postpones MMA debut

Jiu-jitsu star Gabi Garcia won’t be making her mixed martial arts debut this month. The nine-time jiu-jitsu world champion and two-time ADCC gold medalist signed a contract with Brazilian promotion J read news >>