Maximo Blanco, one of the top lightweights fighting for Sengoku, has exited the promotion and signed on with U.S. representation. He plans to land on American soil for his next fight.

The native Venezuelan is currently riding a six-fight win streak and has become known as one of the most devastating fighters in the sport, knocking out five of his last six opponents.

He exits Sengoku after spending six fights with the promotion, but Blanco says there are no hard feelings and he values the time he spent there.

“I really like SRC, and they have supported me over the last couple years and I truly appreciate that. So if SRC continued then I would have stayed in Japan and fight for them, but since they are basically done, as a pro MMA fighter, I had to look into fighting outside Japan,” Blanco told

“I spoke with everyone, and I believe everyone understood that I wanted to test my skill against the best in the world.”

As Blanco makes his move to compete in the United States, he’s signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment to help him get the fights he wants in America, and looks to conquer a new market after leaving Japan.

“I have spoken with more than (a) few managements in the States, but at the end, I decided to go with the management company that has the worldwide network. Suckerpunch has great roster of not only just U.S. fighters, but also many international fighters as well, and I wanted to be a part of this team,” he stated.

While Blanco and his new management team haven’t inked a deal for him to make his U.S. debut just yet, he’s ready to test himself against the best of the best.

The former Pan Am Games medalist in wrestling isn’t going to shy away from fighting any of the top lightweights in organizations like the UFC or Strikeforce. He’s even thought of a few match-ups that intrigue him.

“I would love to fight an exciting fighter like Clay Guida. I really like his style,” Blanco revealed. “Also, he is in the Strikeforce, but I would like to fight Josh Thomson.”

Blanco says that while he respects Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, he actually would prefer a fight with Thomson.

“Not really,” Blanco responded when asked if he’d like to face Melendez. “For some reason, for me, I think Thomson is a tougher opponent.”

Whoever he signs with, Blanco will be an instant shot of adrenaline to anyone’s lightweight roster. Having only gone to decision once in his career, Blanco brings blinding knockout power and a solid ground game in his arsenal to any promotion.

While there has been no timeline determined for when he’ll make his U.S. debut, look for Maximo Blanco to make waves stateside in the near future.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Paige VanZant gets first UFC headliner, meets Joanne Calderwood at UFC Fight Night 80

After revealing she’d signed a new UFC deal today, Paige VanZant has been announced for her first UFC main event. She meets Joanne Calderwood at UFC Fight Night 80 on Dec. 10 in Las VegasFiled under: read news >>

BJJ world champ Buchecha ready to make MMA debut

Marcus Almeida is eager to begin his MMA career once he heals from a knee injury. Ten-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion, Marcus Almeida, better known as "Buchecha" is getting more and more inte read news >>

Sonnen claims he'll fight Barnett at Metamoris, Barnett wants to teach him a lesson

Despite nothing is signed yet, two of the most charismatic figures in the fight game already trade verbal shots to promote a potential grappling match at Metamoris. read news >>

Morning Report: Josh Barnett hasn't signed to grapple Chael Sonnen at Metamoris

Chael Sonnen says he's challenging Josh Barnett at Metamoris 7 in November, but it's news to the promotion's heavyweight champion. "I'll even give you gentleman a prediction," Sonnen told Submission read news >>

Lightweights Drew Dober vs. Erik Koch added to UFC 195 in Las Vegas

A lightweight matchup between Drew Dober and Erik Koch is the latest addition to the UFC’s first event of 2016.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Welcome to the UFC, Danny Roberts

The UFC has signed an exciting new action welterweight fighter out of England. No, it's not the return of the "Ninja." That welterweight Daniel Roberts is on a two fight losing skid, having last comp read news >>

Kyra Gracie: I can’t say I’ll never fight MMA

Kyra Gracie wouldn’t rule out making her mixed martial arts debut after finding out she was pregnant, and the door is still open one year after the birth of her daughter Ayra. One of the best grapple read news >>

Putin signed decree to grant Roy Jones Jr. Russian citizenship

Longtime Russian president Vladimir Putin has signed a decree granting Roy Jones Jr. Russian citizenship. On August 20, 2015, American boxing legend Roy Jones Jr. visited Sevastopol, where he had the read news >>

Video: UFC lightweights Khabib and Islam train in the Dagestan Mountains with Abdulmanap

Check out this short clip of Khabib Nurmagomedov’s father putting his pupils through drills in the Dagestan Mountains. Much has been said about UFC competitors from the North Caucasus and the feveris read news >>

Eddie Alvarez confirms he's fighting Anthony Pettis in January

Two of the best lightweights on the planet will face off next year. Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis will meet former Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez at UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz read news >>