UFC On Versus 4’s Matt “Meathead” Mitrione (4-0) will put his undefeated record on the line this Sunday night in Pittsburgh, Penn., when he takes on Christian Morecraft (7-1).

Matt Mitrione at UFC 119

Matt Mitrione at UFC 119

The 32-year-old heavyweight has gradually proven he’s a legit prospect in the division after dispatching the likes of Kimbo Slice, Joey Beltran, and Tim Hague.

Moving forward into Sunday night’s bout, “Meathead” switched from training at Duke Roufus’ camp in Milwaukee, Wis., to training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas to prepare for his larger opponent.

“I came out here primarily because I wanted to work with Neil Melanson, Randy’s grappling coach out there,” Mitrione told MMAWeekly Radio.

Mitrione will be the first to admit he feels like his wrestling has been lacking in prior fights and with a strong opponent who pushes for the takedown like Morecraft, he felt he had to step up his game.

“I kind of felt like I have lost two, maybe three rounds in the UFC so far, and I lost them due to me being on the ground. If I had a little better knowledge of actually missing submissions and then how to counter myself out of that and get myself out of trouble, then I might’ve not actually lost those rounds.

“So I really wanted to put a little effort into it and I ended up coming across catch wrestling. Neil Melanson is one of the best catch wrestlers around and I ended up working with him.”

The Springfield, Ill., native Mitrione brought in a former opponent of Morecraft in the giant Sean McCorkle, who stands at six-feet-seven-inches tall and weighs in at around 300 pounds. After training with McCorkle, Mitrione felt he has properly dissected Morecraft’s game.

“McCorkle actually flew out here (to Las Vegas) and worked out with me on two separate occasions, a week at a time. I’ve been actually working with Corky a very considerable amount. He’s been giving me great feedback on Morecraft, where he feels strong, and where he feels weak at, where he feels where his weak points are in his fighting game.

“Corky is so big, and he’s legitimately six-seven-and-a-half and he’s 300 pounds right now. So if I can stop Corky from taking me down against the fence with double-unders, over-unders, double-overs, dropping down for singles or doubles, then I can stop Christian Morecraft. I can find people that can emulate Christian Morecraft relatively well. Christian won’t be able to find anybody to emulate me well.”

According to the odds makers at Bet On Fighting, Mitrione is listed at -240, while Morecraft is at +190, making Mitrione the heavy favorite. Also, many pundits and fans are in agreement with Bet On Fighting, as they feel that Mitrione will decimate Morecraft, but Mitrione knows what’s ahead of him and isn’t taking his larger foe lightly.

“I feel that if I play my game plan and I enforce what I want to be done, I feel it can be a pretty good fight for me. If I don’t or if I let Christian get in on me, if he can get me to the ground, and if I’m not digging for my underhooks or do the things I’m working on here, then Christian will beat my ass.

“The kid is a scrapper, he’s a gamer, and he’s going to come out ready to go. I throw them, and I land them heavy, so if he can take a couple to the face repeatedly, good for him, but I’m sure I’m going to test his chin. I promise.”

Mitrione will look to keep his promise about testing Morecraft’s chin when the two heavyweights square off on the main card for UFC on Versus 4 this Sunday on Versus.

UFC Fight Night 75 Fighter Bonuses: Josh Barnett Banks Bonus for Record-Setting Win Over Roy Nelson

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the fighter bonuses stemming from UFC Fight Night 75: Barnett vs. Nelson during the event’s post-fight press conference on Saturday. read news >>

TUF contestant talks McGregor, says Sean Shelby told him to pad record

Ultimate Fighter contestant and McGregor teammate Artem Lobov says the Irishman almost retired before joining the UFC and claims Sean Shelby told him to pad his record if he wanted to receive a call read news >>

Morning Report: Donald Cerrone says Nate Diaz 'got in his head,' and promises never to 'fight angry' again

Donald Cerrone is still hearing about his 2011 loss to Nate Diaz. In arguably the marquee performance of his career, Diaz battered Cerrone over three rounds to score a unanimous decision victory in t read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm Ticket Sales Reportedly on Course to Set UFC Record

Ronda Rousey’s scheduled bout with Holly Holm at UFC 193 looks set to be watched by a record crowd, with a reported 70,000 spectators set to pack the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne for the showpiece. Ac read news >>

Tito Ortiz has no excuses after loss to Liam McGeary at Bellator: Dynamite

Tito Ortiz has something of a track record for coming up with reasons he wasn't at his best after losses. But on Saturday, even after the fight, Ortiz said that he had his best training camp in years read news >>

Video: English-speaking Fedor Emelianenko promises announcement, new promotion within next three weeks

Where is Fedor Emelianenko going to fight? The former PRIDE FC heavyweight champion announced his return to mixed martial arts (MMA) back in July, but the details of when and where he's going to comp read news >>

Matt Mitrione calls out UFC VP Matt Hughes following Nick Diaz tweet

Matt Mitrione is willing to call out fellow fighters – even if he now technically works for them. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Morning Report: Matt Mitrione blasts 'sellout' Matt Hughes for calling Nick Diaz 'a punk'

As you may have heard, UFC welterweight Nick Diaz was suspended five years by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) earlier this week due to a controversial failed drug test for marijuana metabolites. read news >>

Matt Mitrione blasts 'sellout' UFC exec Matt Hughes for comments on Nick Diaz

Twitter Beef: Matt Mitrione isn't happy with the fighter turned UFC executive for calling Nick Diaz a punk while addressing the situation. On Thursday evening, Matt Hughes commented on Nick Diaz's ri read news >>

Matt Mitrione says Mayweather doesn't belong on P4P list; calls out Travis Browne

Matt Mitrione was recently interviewed by the Three Amigos Podcast where he gave his fight prediction and ranked Money Mayweather on the P4P greatest list, and even issued a call-out to Travis Browne read news >>