There’s hardly ever time to celebrate a victory before the questions start raining in about who or what is next.

For Ultimate Fighter Live finale main event winner Martin Kampmann, the path seems pretty clear, but there are always foggy roads and twists and turns before anything is a done deal.

Just after his exciting second round finish of Jake Ellenberger on Saturday night, commentator Jon Anik pointed towards a potential showdown with former training partner Johny Hendricks with a title shot looming overhead.

Of course, Kampmann has never shied away from a battle and he won’t start now so if Hendricks is next, that’s who he’ll face. If situations change and he could potentially get UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit next or even Georges St-Pierre, those all sound like good ideas to the great Dane.

First up though is some much needed time off.

“My goal is to fight for the title, that’s where I want to go and Johny’s got some great wins too, and if I have to fight him to get that shot then that’s what we’ll do. Of course I’d love to get the fight with (Carlos) Condit or GSP, or the winner of that fight,” Kampmann said at the TUF Live finale post fight press conference.

“I’m going to have to take a little time off, heal up, go back to Denmark for a little summer vacation, I’m looking forward to that, but definitely, I want to fight for the title. That’s what I want.”

It has to be noted that Kampmann is currently the only fighter that has a win over interim champion Carlos Condit in the UFC, so that rematch is definitely something that interests him.

Currently, Condit is waiting for UFC champion Georges St-Pierre to finish rehab on his surgically repaired knee to heal up and then face him later this year to unify the welterweight titles.

If he was in Condit’s spot, Kampmann admits he’d probably play the waiting game too.

“I would love to fight Carlos, but of course he’d want to fight GSP, he’s want to unify those belts, and I don’t blame him. I can completely understand that and if I was in his situation I’d probably want to get that unification bout as well, but it all depends on when GSP’s going to be ready to fight again,” said Kampmann.

“If GSP’s going to be out a long time then I think he should defend it, but if GSP’s ready at the end of the year like most people are saying, then I can see why he’d want to wait for that and get that unification bout.”

Kampmann knows nothing is guaranteed until he gets a contract in hand so if it’s Johny Hendricks’ name on the dotted line he’ll sign just the same as if it’s Carlos Condit or Georges St-Pierre.

“You don’t know you have the title shot until the bout agreements are signed,” said Kampmann. “I try not to look ahead.”

The good thing for Kampmann is that with winning all roads will eventually lead to a shot at the UFC welterweight title.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

GSP campaigns against extreme weight cutting and reveals details on his future in Hollywood.

• a day ago

The UFC superstar takes a clear stand against extreme weight cuts and reveals details on his future in Hollywood. Starting October, the US anti-doping organization USADA will ban the IV rehydration t read news >>

Video: GSP reveals details on his break from MMA: I should've stopped 'one fight before'

Georges St-Pierre talks the reasons for stepping down, a potential comeback, the UFC's new anti-doping policy and more. Bloody Elbow's Mark Bergmann had the chance to talk to former UFC welterweight read news >>

Dana White not interested in 'Stitch' Duran's return: 'Duran and I were never friends'

UFC President Dana White made it clear he won’t accept Jacob “Stitch” Duran’s offer to mend fences and return to UFC cut man duties.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson has a message for UFC fans who s--t on shorties: Blame God!

Demetrious Johnson is no dummy. The reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight champion recognizes that some mixed martial arts (MMA) fans like to shit on shorties, simply because they c read news >>

Ahead of debut Bellator broadcast, Sean Grande has a message for potential critics

Sean Grande makes his debut in the Bellator broadcast booth tonight with Bellator 139. The veteran broadcaster has penned a column for MMAjunkie discussing his transition and what MMA fans can expect read news >>

For Sam Sicilia, It's All About The Streak

UFC Fight Night San Diego’s Sam Sicilia has a message for late replacement opponent Yaotzin Meza regarding their meeting on July 15th. “If I don’t knock him out even better than I did Akira read news >>

B.J. Penn's message to Jose Aldo: 'The lion doesn't care that the sheep laugh at him'

LAS VEGAS -- B.J. Penn is glad Jose Aldo did not compete at UFC 189. And he had a message for the UFC featherweight champion over the weekend. "Aldo, you're the old lion," Penn said Sunday after bein read news >>

Video: Cris Cyborg crashes UFC Fan Expo booth to call out Ronda Rousey

Cris Cyborg crashed a UFC Fan Expo booth to send a message to her rival in Ronda Rousey. The UFC Fan Expo this weekend had a Metro PCS booth designed for fans to send a message to Ronda Rousey ahead read news >>

'Cyborg' crashed the MetroPCS booth to deliver Ronda Rousey a message

So MetroPCS set up a booth so fight fans could send UFC champion Ronda Rousey their well-wishes? “Cyborg” apparently knows an opportunity when she sees one.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo's MRI Results Show Clear Rib Break, Former Chargers Doctor Says

On Tuesday afternoon, Dr. David Chao was contacted by representatives for UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. They did not tell him at the time who they represented. What they wanted was a clear, u read news >>