There’s hardly ever time to celebrate a victory before the questions start raining in about who or what is next.

For Ultimate Fighter Live finale main event winner Martin Kampmann, the path seems pretty clear, but there are always foggy roads and twists and turns before anything is a done deal.

Just after his exciting second round finish of Jake Ellenberger on Saturday night, commentator Jon Anik pointed towards a potential showdown with former training partner Johny Hendricks with a title shot looming overhead.

Of course, Kampmann has never shied away from a battle and he won’t start now so if Hendricks is next, that’s who he’ll face. If situations change and he could potentially get UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit next or even Georges St-Pierre, those all sound like good ideas to the great Dane.

First up though is some much needed time off.

“My goal is to fight for the title, that’s where I want to go and Johny’s got some great wins too, and if I have to fight him to get that shot then that’s what we’ll do. Of course I’d love to get the fight with (Carlos) Condit or GSP, or the winner of that fight,” Kampmann said at the TUF Live finale post fight press conference.

“I’m going to have to take a little time off, heal up, go back to Denmark for a little summer vacation, I’m looking forward to that, but definitely, I want to fight for the title. That’s what I want.”

It has to be noted that Kampmann is currently the only fighter that has a win over interim champion Carlos Condit in the UFC, so that rematch is definitely something that interests him.

Currently, Condit is waiting for UFC champion Georges St-Pierre to finish rehab on his surgically repaired knee to heal up and then face him later this year to unify the welterweight titles.

If he was in Condit’s spot, Kampmann admits he’d probably play the waiting game too.

“I would love to fight Carlos, but of course he’d want to fight GSP, he’s want to unify those belts, and I don’t blame him. I can completely understand that and if I was in his situation I’d probably want to get that unification bout as well, but it all depends on when GSP’s going to be ready to fight again,” said Kampmann.

“If GSP’s going to be out a long time then I think he should defend it, but if GSP’s ready at the end of the year like most people are saying, then I can see why he’d want to wait for that and get that unification bout.”

Kampmann knows nothing is guaranteed until he gets a contract in hand so if it’s Johny Hendricks’ name on the dotted line he’ll sign just the same as if it’s Carlos Condit or Georges St-Pierre.

“You don’t know you have the title shot until the bout agreements are signed,” said Kampmann. “I try not to look ahead.”

The good thing for Kampmann is that with winning all roads will eventually lead to a shot at the UFC welterweight title.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Jose Aldo's MRI Results Show Clear Rib Break, Former Chargers Doctor Says

On Tuesday afternoon, Dr. David Chao was contacted by representatives for UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. They did not tell him at the time who they represented. What they wanted was a clear, u read news >>

TUF 19 runner-up Dhiego Lima announces his UFC release

In a published message on Facebook, TUF 19 middleweight runner-up announced his release from the UFC and his intentions to take the rest of 2015 off. Welterweight Dhiego Lima came up just short of wi read news >>

Commission Leaning Towards a Green Light, but Jose Aldo Still Undecided

The Nevada Athletic Commission is poised to clear Jose Aldo to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 189, but the champ has yet to decide if he'll be able to fight. read news >>

Conor McGregor to Jose Aldo: Toughen up! Many have fought with 'little, itty bitty bruises'

Conor McGregor has a message to his UFC 189 opponent in Jose Aldo. Conor McGregor was interviewed at the Fox Sports broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Romero, and he had a message for his oppo read news >>

Conor McGregor reacts to Jose Aldo injury with special message for UFC fans

I have good new for those mixed martial arts (MMA) fans flying over from Ireland -- or anywhere else -- specifically to see Conor McGregor fight at the upcoming UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event, whic read news >>

Rory MacDonald: 'More dangerous' Condit should get title shot over Hendricks

MONTREAL – Carlos Condit made it clear he wants a title shot following his TKO of Thiago Alves at UFC Fight Night 67. No. 1 welterweight contender Rory MacDonald has endorsed him.Filed under: News, U read news >>

Polish Power - Joanna Halts Penne in Three

Joanna Jedrzejczyk sent yet another message to the strawweight division Saturday, successfully defending her UFC 115-pound title for the first time with a one-sided third-round TKO of Jessica Penne. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Joanna Jedrzejczyk's destruction of Jessica Penne at UFC Fight Night 69

Joanna Jedrzejczyk sent a message to the UFC women’s strawweight division at UFC Fight Night 69. The reigning 115-pound champion defended her belt in dominant fashion with a third-round TKO of Jessic read news >>

UFC 188 fight card: What's at stake?

It should be pretty clear at this point Mexico is not the new Brazil. It could never be, despite some public proclamations to the contrary. It has a history of combative athletics as far as boxing is read news >>

Henry Cejudo's message to flyweight elites: I'm ready for whoever wants a piece of me

MEXICO CITY -- Henry Cejudo has seen the way the top of the pack at 125 pounds has jostled for position in recent weeks, with no one really stating a strong case for a shot at Demetrious Johnson's ti read news >>