Mark Munoz Open to Any UFC Fight, but No Mention of Hector Lombard Yet


Mark Munoz is currently nursing some injuries before he can schedule his next fight in the UFC.

This according to Munoz’s manager Mike Roberts of MMA Inc., who says that the former NCAA champion needed some time to heal after his loss to Chris Weidman at UFC on Fuel 4 earlier this summer.

“Mark’s nursing through some injuries right now. He obviously had the cut on his forehead and we later found out that he had a small fracture in his foot, and he’s still having some elbow problems from the surgery,” Roberts revealed when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio.

“So he’s rehabbing, taking some time to heal his body, and I think you’ll see him at some point by the end of the year.”

The loss to Weidman snapped Munoz’s four-fight win streak, but he’s looking forward to rebuilding in the middleweight division when the time is right for his return.

One potential fight that would seem to be on the horizon is a showdown with former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard.

Prior to his UFC debut in July, Lombard took exception to some comments Munoz had made about him and couldn’t express enough how much he wanted to fight him in the future.

Well, according to Munoz’s manager, they’ve yet to be approached by the UFC for that fight, but if they want it to happen, it will happen.

“That fight’s never even been brought up to us, so it’s not a fight that we’d be looking to get. Because Hector had some personal issues with Mark for whatever reason, which shocked me because anybody that knows Mark, loves Mark, even if you’re going to compete against him,” Roberts said about Lombard.

“But Hector took some shots on Mark as well, but Mark just wants to fight whoever the UFC deems. Who they want him to fight is who he’s going to fight.”

Whether Lombard will get his wish to face Munoz remains to be seen.

To hear the entire interview with Mike Roberts or any others make sure to check out MMAWeekly Radio every Monday-Thursday.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 17 days ago
  • 76 views

UFC welterweight competitor Hector Lombard is interested in a match-up against former kingpin Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 5 views

UFC officials on Thursday announced a fight between Mark Munoz and Caio Magalhaes. The only problem is, it seems someone forgot to check with Magalhaes. read news >>

  • 19 hours ago
  • 2 views

Mark Munoz will fight Roan Carneiro at UFC 184 in Los Angeles, according to a report on Wednesday. read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 5 views

Hector Lombard will soon fight Josh Burkman. It’s not exactly his dream scenario, though.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

  • 24 days ago
  • 51 views

Tyron Woodley figured Hector Lombard would move on from the pair's public spat once either of the welterweights had a fight on the books. That, however, doesn't appear to be the case. Lombard continu read news >>

  • 23 days ago
  • 18 views

If you think for one second Woodley is afraid of Lombard, think again. Much has been made about Tyron Woodley's refusal to take on Hector Lombard inside the Octagon, drawing the ire of mixed martial read news >>

  • 17 days ago
  • 1 views

Top UFC welterweights, and American Top Team teammates, Tyron Woodley and Hector Lombard are still a long way from ever fighting each other. After a quick knockout over Chinese star Dong Hyun Kim in read news >>

  • 16 days ago
  • 7 views

Hector Lombard says that he knows that Georges St-Pierre is coming out of retirement, and he wants to fight GSP at UFC 193 in Melbourne. read news >>

  • 7 days ago
  • 1 views

Mark Munoz will be making his return to the Octagon in February. The long-time UFC veteran, who has suffered back-to-back stoppage losses in the UFC, is scheduled to get back in action on Feb. 28 aga read news >>