Mark Hunt reveals visa issues ahead of UFC 160, remains confident fight still on


mark-hunt-stefan-struve.jpgUFC heavyweight contender Mark Hunt (9-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) is having a few struggles traveling to the U.S. in advance of his UFC 160 bout with Junior dos Santos (15-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC), but “The Super Samoan” remains confident the bout will go on as planned.

“Denied again at airport,” Hunt wrote on Twitter. “I’m never helping anymore d—head mates.”

Earlier this week, Hunt revealed he was told he didn’t have the proper paperwork necessary to fly from his native New Zealand to the U.S., where he’s scheduled to meet dos Santos later this month. At the time, Hunt said he anticipated only a short delay while waiting for his passport to be shipped to him from Australia.

“Well wed is the day I’m out,” Hunt wrote on Monday. “Got to wait for my old passport coming from aus.”

Things unfortunately took a turn for the worse today, as he was again denied an opportunity to board a flight bound for the U.S.

“Getting real tired of this s—,” Hunt wrote. “This is wat happens wen u have friends that are d—heads the last f—n time I help these mother f—n trouble makers.

“Denied again at airport I’m never helping anymore d—head mates.”

While there were some initial reports that Hunt had been arrested in New Zealand, Hunt wrote to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Twitter that the issues were tied to an event that took place more than a decade ago.

“It was a incident that happened 2002,” Hunt wrote.

Hunt has since said UFC officials are assisting him with his paperwork and he is expected to fly out some time Friday night (Australia and New Zealand are one calendar day ahead of U.S. time).

UFC officials declined comment on the matter, and initial attempts to reach Hunt by phone were unsuccessful.

UFC 160 takes place May 25 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view.

For the latest on UFC 160, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

  • 13 days ago
  • 2 views

A heavyweight fight between Mark Hunt and Stipe Miocic is reportedly going to headline the UFC's debut card in Adelaide, Australia this May. While not officially confirmed by UFC officials, it looks read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 18 views

The UFC’s first Australian event of 2015 is targeted for May 10, and Mark Hunt and Stipe Miocic will reportedly headline the card in a heavyweight matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 2 views

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is looking to add a little hometown flavor to its upcoming UFC Fight Night 65 mixed martial arts (MMA) event "Down Under," scheduled for the Adelaide Entertainmen read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 152 views

Credit to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight Stipe Miocic (12-2) for being a realist. The No. 4-ranked slugger will throw hands opposite No. 5-ranked Mark Hunt (10-9-1) at the upcoming read news >>

  • 4 days ago
  • 9 views

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt delves into his loss to Fabricio Werdum last year. read news >>

  • 13 days ago
  • 1 views

Mark Hunt wanted to fight in Australia late last year. He's likely to get his wish now. A fight between the popular heavyweight, who was born in New Zealand and now lives in Sydney, and fellow conten read news >>

  • 12 days ago
  • 4 views

Mark Hunt vs. Stipe Miocic will headline UFC's first trip to South Australia. After hosting 6 events in the continent, the UFC will be heading to South Australia for the first time as they venture to read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 0 views

Mark Hunt discusses his upcoming fight against Stipe Miocic. read news >>

  • 26 days ago
  • 4 views

UFC light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson’s road to the top of the division certainly hasn’t been a smooth ride.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>