mark-hunt-stefan-struve.jpgUFC heavyweight contender Mark Hunt (9-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) is having a few struggles traveling to the U.S. in advance of his UFC 160 bout with Junior dos Santos (15-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC), but “The Super Samoan” remains confident the bout will go on as planned.

“Denied again at airport,” Hunt wrote on Twitter. “I’m never helping anymore d—head mates.”

Earlier this week, Hunt revealed he was told he didn’t have the proper paperwork necessary to fly from his native New Zealand to the U.S., where he’s scheduled to meet dos Santos later this month. At the time, Hunt said he anticipated only a short delay while waiting for his passport to be shipped to him from Australia.

“Well wed is the day I’m out,” Hunt wrote on Monday. “Got to wait for my old passport coming from aus.”

Things unfortunately took a turn for the worse today, as he was again denied an opportunity to board a flight bound for the U.S.

“Getting real tired of this s—,” Hunt wrote. “This is wat happens wen u have friends that are d—heads the last f—n time I help these mother f—n trouble makers.

“Denied again at airport I’m never helping anymore d—head mates.”

While there were some initial reports that Hunt had been arrested in New Zealand, Hunt wrote to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Twitter that the issues were tied to an event that took place more than a decade ago.

“It was a incident that happened 2002,” Hunt wrote.

Hunt has since said UFC officials are assisting him with his paperwork and he is expected to fly out some time Friday night (Australia and New Zealand are one calendar day ahead of U.S. time).

UFC officials declined comment on the matter, and initial attempts to reach Hunt by phone were unsuccessful.

UFC 160 takes place May 25 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view.

For the latest on UFC 160, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

From Around the Web

Stipe Miocic on Mark Hunt: 'I'll bring a pillow if he wants me to'

Stipe Miocic is confident ahead of his UFC Fight Night 65 bout with Mark Hunt. read news >>

Lyoto Machida Takes Weapons Inventory Ahead of Luke Rockhold (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of his UFC on FOX 15 fight with Luke Rockhold, Lyoto Machida spoke with MMAWeekly.com, taking stock of his weapons arsenal and detailing his strengths. read news >>

Bellator injunction reveals exorbitant contract perks for Rampage Jackson as UFC legal battle continues

Bellator MMA's filing with the Superior Court in Burlington County, New Jersey, for an injunction against Quinton Jackson, revealed some interesting perks and expenditures they made to the former (an read news >>

Mark Hunt on Stipe Miocic: ‘You get hit once, it’s lights out baby’

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt discusses his upcoming match-up against Stipe Miocic at UFC Adelaide. read news >>

Video: 'Confident' Dana White holding date for Madison Square Garden UFC event in 2015

"You've heard me say this many times, and I'm going to say it again: I'm very confident that it might happen this year. I'm actually really confident this year. Lorenzo (Fertitta), Lawrence Epstein, read news >>

Mark Hunt hopes knocking out Stipe Miocic will earn him another UFC title shot

"I hope so man. I mean Stipe is number four, he's one of the best fighters on the planet you know. We don't muck around here, this is the top end and I'm looking forward to trying to get further than read news >>

Luke Rockhold: I believe I’m the best fighter in the world

UFC middleweight Luke Rockhold is confident that the 185-pound title is within his grasp. Following a spectacular 2014 that saw him finish three ranked opponents, there is little doubt that Luke Rock read news >>

Photos: Despite steakhouse, Johny Hendricks' weight looks great for UFC 185

Opening a steakhouse after some past weight-cutting issues would seem a recipe for disaster. Former UFC welterweight champ Johny Hendricks, though, is making it work.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Burt Watson reveals more details of his UFC exit & Munoz incident: 'I was questioned about my work'

It turns out that an incident with a UFC official over the handling of Mark Munoz's transportation was at the root of Burt Watson's exit from the UFC. Sometimes the smallest events can have the large read news >>