Marius Zaromskis kicking Ross Pointon at Cage Rage 24

At one time Marius “Whitemare” Zaromskis was considered one of MMA’s best young welterweights.

Capturing Dream’s welterweight championship with a streak of highlight-reel knockouts made him feared, respected and adored by fans all at once. Since then, however, things have not gone so swimmingly.

Losses in three of his next five fights (with one no contest), including suffering back-to-back knockouts at the hands of Nick Diaz and Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos, derailed what had been a blossoming career.

Zaromskis decided it was time for a change. “I moved to U.S. about three years ago and joined the AKA gym and I feel that each day I got better and better.

“My wrestling and jiu-jitsu especially improved a lot, and my striking got sharper. I fight with my head more now. I think I am a different fighter than I was before.”

Four wins in a row has Zaromskis back on the right track and headed into Friday’s first round of the Bellator welterweight tournament at Bellator 74 in Atlantic City, N.J., with a full head of steam.

When asked about his first round opponent, Nordine Taleb, Zaromskis said, “I don’t know anything about him and don’t really think about him much. He is an opponent. He will try to beat me and I will try to do the same.

“Nowadays everyone is dangerous; everyone trains hard all the time to improve their skills. Taleb is taller than me, so he will have the reach advantage, but at the end of the day when you have those small gloves on, everyone is dangerous.”

Zaromskis believes his experience will be the key to the fight and he also hopes to remind people why he was one of the top ranked 170-pound fighters in the world.

“I want the win of course, but I want the fans to know me,” he said. “I want to knockout the guy and win fans the way I did in Japan.

“I believe I can knock anyone out.”

Should Zaromskis get past Taleb on Friday night, his path will be set for him as he advances through the welterweight tournament and attempts to recapture the glory he once possessed.

Surprisingly, when asked what he plans to do should he win the tournament, Zaromskis replied with a laugh, “I will go to Disneyland.”

(A special thanks to Anthony Mazzuca for his assistance with the Marius Zaromskis interview.)

Former Bellator Champ Michael Chandler Will Do Whatever it Takes to Get Belt Back

Former Bellator champ Michael Chandler has finally turned things around, and he doesn't plan on stopping before he gets the belt back. read news >>

Marcin Held scoffs at Will Brooks' 'one-dimensional' label ahead of Bellator title fight

Marcin Held has no interest in engaging in a war of words with Will Brooks ahead of their Bellator lightweight championship showdown at Bellator 145 on Nov. 6. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 146 gets Houston Alexander vs. Guilherme Viana and five more prelims

The lineup for Bellator 146 is complete with the addition of one main card bout and five preliminary contests.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kimbo Slice headlines Feb. 19 Bellator event, Lashley or Thompson potential opponent

Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson is expected to return to the cage Feb. 19 in a Bellator headliner in Houston against an opponent to be determined.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>

Michael Page sees Bellator title fight in future: 'Everyone's screaming for it to happen'

Michael Page added another victory to his undefeated resume at Bellator 144 this past weekend. Questions still remain, however, about how good Page really is.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Tim Kennedy rips Reebok deal, says he'd 'definitely' fight for Scott Coker in Bellator (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Kennedy, who says he hasn't gotten a check from Reebok, isn't exactly happy with the UFC right now. read news >>