Marcus Davis and Jeremy Stephens at UFC 125They say you can’t go home again, but for former UFC and current Bellator fighter Marcus “The Irish Hand Grenade” Davis, he gets a chance to do so when he returns to Bangor, Maine, for the NEF promotion on Saturday night.

“I’ve only fought in Maine as an MMA fighter twice,” said Davis. “I’m the only main card UFC fighter left. But no, there’s no pressure on me (fighting in front of my hometown crowd). I’ve just got to go out there and do what I do and come out with a victory.

“For me to grow the sport I love, the sport that takes care of my family and to grow my brand and schools here, it only makes sense to try to promote the hell out of MMA here as much as I can.”

Davis is returning to Maine following a disappointing Bellator debut in March where he ended up with a no contest due to his opponent, Waachiim Spiritwolf, being unable to continue after what initially appeared to be an accidental knee strike to the groin.

“As far as the match goes, I feel like I was in his head and honestly I think he took the coward’s way out,” said Davis of Spiritwolf. “His people are saying it was a low blow, but the referee couldn’t really see what had happened and assumed it was a low blow, but if you watch any of the video footage from the side, it completely shows all the kinetic energy and everything went right into his stomach.

“The doctor’s findings were that he had a panic attack in there. Anyway, it’s over. It’s disappointing that a victory got stolen from me basically because basically he was in over his head.”

Davis hopes Saturday’s bout against Darrius Heyliger will have a different outcome, even if to him the bout is a lot more difficult than people might expect.

“On paper it looks like the veteran guy against the guy that’s relatively new, but the thing is, it’s a horrible match-up for me stylistically and size-wise,” said Davis. “He’s six-foot-two and I never do well with guys over six feet (because) everybody knows I’ve got a short range. He’s a really good striker with a wrestling background that’s won by all means and comes from a very tough camp who have all done well in Maine; so stylistically it’s a nightmare for me.

“What I need to do to win is I need to go in there and control the pace and I’ve got to make him make a mistake and do the things I do best and not try to force anything.”

Should Davis get past Heyliger healthy, he told he intends to move to lightweight full-time and return to Bellator later this year for what could very well be his last shot at glory.

“I’m going to finish out my career at lightweight as long as my body maintains it,” he said. “This year coming up, I’m going to go in the Bellator tournament and win my three fights and would like to be able to face Michael Chandler if he’s still champ at that time.

“I’d like a crack at (Chandler) and see what happens and then maybe a year or two after that hang my hat up in Bellator and finish up my career with them.”

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Bellator Plans Aggressive Global Expansion in 2016

Bellator MMA is set to take its cage outside North America for the first time with an aggressive global expansion plan for 2016. read news >>

Bellator 146 Results: Melvin Manhoef Adds to List of Career Knockout Wins

Melvin Manhoef earned his 28th career knockout with a first-round finish of Hisaki Kato at Bellator 146 in Thackerville, Okla. on Friday evening. read news >>

Bellator 146 video: Melvin Manhoef scores 28th knockout in 30th career win

One thing is nearly certain when Melvin Manhoef fights: You’re going to see a knockout – whether he’s on the giving or receiving end.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Brian Rogers already raising hand to get on Shamrock-Gracie 3 card at Bellator 149

• 20 hours ago

Bellator veteran Brian Rogers is making his promotional debut as a light heavyweight on Dec. 4 at Bellator 147. The way he sees it, a bout with iron-jawed Virgil Zwicker is an audition for the big sh read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Video: Is Ronda Rousey's next career in boxing? Or jiu-jitsu? Or the WWE?

Ronda Rousey’s crossover appeal is bordering on the ridiculous at this point – in a great way for her and MMA. But down the road, she has her sights set on winning a boxing title, too. Filed under: F read news >>

Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Promote Ronda Rousey's Potential Boxing Career

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey stated this week that her future athletic goals extend beyond the octagon, including a potential foray into boxing. If that happens, former world champi read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>