Marcin Held may be young, but he is not naive.

The 21-year-old Polish prospect fully comprehends the importance of his Bellator 93 clash with Dave Jansen. Should Held earn a victory tonight at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine, he would take home a $100,000 payday and a guaranteed lightweight title shot. With so much riding on his performance, the submission ace has prepared diligently for what he believes will be his toughest test to date.

“I know [Jansen] is a guy with big experience, and he’s very good,” Held recently told Sherdog.com. “I suspect it will be the hardest fight for me, but every fight should be harder than the previous one.”

Held was supposed to meet Jansen twice previously to close out the Season 7 tournament, but the bout was delayed both times. As a result, both fighters have had a full three months to prepare for the coming combat, a fact that was both beneficial and frustrating for Held.

“On one [hand], [the delays] were bad for me. It was annoying to wait for such a long time,” said Held. “But [on the other hand], I had more time to improve my technique. So it was both good and bad.”

Tonight’s matchup marks the culmination of Held’s five-fight Bellator career, which began two years ago in a Season 4 quarterfinal matchup with eventual tournament winner and world champion Michael Chandler. Held caught the future titlist in a deep kneebar but was unable to finish the hold, allowing Chandler to escape and win the fight just minutes later with an arm-triangle choke. Though Held still remembers how close he was to handing Chandler his first loss, the Pole is more concerned with his future than with his past.

“I remember [the kneebar], but it’s not really important for me. I went over it, but it’s not something that [troubles] me. I don’t think about it all the time, and I don’t have a problem with it,” Held said. “I know that my time is still ahead, and I know have a lot to learn yet. If something goes wrong, I know I have time, and I hope, if not now, I will be champion in [the coming] years.”

Held advanced to the Season 7 finals by outpointing Russian talent Murad Machaev before submitting UFC veteran Rich Clementi with a second-round toehold last November at Bellator 81. In Jansen, Held now faces a gritty wrestler with solid boxing and an ample gas tank. Held is well aware that most believe his best shot to defeat the World Extreme Cagefighting vet is via submission, a prospect that could prove difficult considering Jansen’s superior wrestling pedigree. Nevertheless, Held said he has prepared himself to navigate that hurdle when the time comes.

“We know that Dave Jansen will try to keep the fight standing, but we are ready for this,” said Held. “We’ve trained a lot for this situation, and I am ready.”

Chael Sonnen Hit Hard by Joe Silva’s Retirement

Longtime UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, 20-plus years into his career, is calling it quits. Listen to Chael Sonnen's take on the gold standard for MMA matchmakers. read news >>

Bellator Continues Global Expansion with Championship Fight in Israel

Bellator continues its global expansion under the leadership of company president Scott Coker with a November event in Israel. read news >>

Miocic vs. Overeem: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 203

Capturing the UFC Heavyweight Championship is one thing; defending it is a different matter altogether. That's the challenge Stipe Miocic faces when he welcomes Alistair Overeem to Cleveland in the m read news >>

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

UFC's CM Punk Experiment Gets off to a Painful Start

CM Punk’s new career as an MMA fighter got off to a painful start on Saturday. Punk proved no match for Mickey Gall at UFC 203, as Gall wasted little time taking the former WWE wrestler down and scor read news >>

CM Punk’s Drawing Power Might Not Be Enough | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk’s UFC career may have been a one-and-done deal. The former WWE superstar made his professional fighting debut on Saturday at UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Veta Arteaga Knows What She Signed Up for at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated flyweight Veta Arteaga knows what she signed up for at Bellator 161, and she's ready. read news >>

Derek Campos Expecting Explosive Fight with Djamil Chan at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Derek Campos steps into a Bellator 161 lightweight bout against Djamil Chan on Friday, in what could very well end up being a title elimination bout. read news >>

Did Bellator Find Its Own Paige VanZant in Russian Flyweight Anastasia Yankova?

Anastasia Yankova is very pretty. It feels disingenuous to start anywhere else. It's always been a part of her story, even back to her amateur days at a tournament where no one would cheer for her. S read news >>