Marcin Held may be young, but he is not naive.

The 21-year-old Polish prospect fully comprehends the importance of his Bellator 93 clash with Dave Jansen. Should Held earn a victory tonight at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine, he would take home a $100,000 payday and a guaranteed lightweight title shot. With so much riding on his performance, the submission ace has prepared diligently for what he believes will be his toughest test to date.

“I know [Jansen] is a guy with big experience, and he’s very good,” Held recently told Sherdog.com. “I suspect it will be the hardest fight for me, but every fight should be harder than the previous one.”

Held was supposed to meet Jansen twice previously to close out the Season 7 tournament, but the bout was delayed both times. As a result, both fighters have had a full three months to prepare for the coming combat, a fact that was both beneficial and frustrating for Held.

“On one [hand], [the delays] were bad for me. It was annoying to wait for such a long time,” said Held. “But [on the other hand], I had more time to improve my technique. So it was both good and bad.”

Tonight’s matchup marks the culmination of Held’s five-fight Bellator career, which began two years ago in a Season 4 quarterfinal matchup with eventual tournament winner and world champion Michael Chandler. Held caught the future titlist in a deep kneebar but was unable to finish the hold, allowing Chandler to escape and win the fight just minutes later with an arm-triangle choke. Though Held still remembers how close he was to handing Chandler his first loss, the Pole is more concerned with his future than with his past.

“I remember [the kneebar], but it’s not really important for me. I went over it, but it’s not something that [troubles] me. I don’t think about it all the time, and I don’t have a problem with it,” Held said. “I know that my time is still ahead, and I know have a lot to learn yet. If something goes wrong, I know I have time, and I hope, if not now, I will be champion in [the coming] years.”

Held advanced to the Season 7 finals by outpointing Russian talent Murad Machaev before submitting UFC veteran Rich Clementi with a second-round toehold last November at Bellator 81. In Jansen, Held now faces a gritty wrestler with solid boxing and an ample gas tank. Held is well aware that most believe his best shot to defeat the World Extreme Cagefighting vet is via submission, a prospect that could prove difficult considering Jansen’s superior wrestling pedigree. Nevertheless, Held said he has prepared himself to navigate that hurdle when the time comes.

“We know that Dave Jansen will try to keep the fight standing, but we are ready for this,” said Held. “We’ve trained a lot for this situation, and I am ready.”

Ben Reiter Expecting to ‘Impose His Will’ at Bellator 156

Though he suffered the first loss of his career last November to Francisco France at Bellator 146, middleweight up-and-comer Ben Reiter doesn’t feel he was beaten in the fight. read news >>

Toughest Fight Yet Could Lead Ilima-Mei Macfarlane to Bellator Title Fight

Ilima-Mei Macfarlane believes that if she can score an impressive victory at Bellator Dynamite 2, she could be in store for a flyweight title fight. read news >>

Patricky "Pitbull" Freire Finally Ready to Sit the Bellator Lightweight Throne

After five years of settling for "almost," Bellator lightweight Patricky "Pitbull" Freire (16-7) is finally fighting for the promotion's top prize. Twice Freire advanced to the finals of a tournament read news >>

Rampage Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii Results: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 157

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson improved his Bellator record to 4-0 with a split-decision win over Satoshi Ishii in the main event at Bellator 157 on Friday. MMAjunkie.com tweeted out the scorecards from t read news >>

Lewis not concerned with ranks, just wants to provide for family

Derrick Lewis has the biggest fight of his career upcoming against Roy Nelson at Fight Night Las Vegas on July 7. But Lewis isn't concerned about the divisions or rankings, he just wants to provide f read news >>

Bellator 157 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Dynamite 2 Card

Well, that was boring. In a less-than-entertaining main event at Bellator 157 in St. Louis, a fleshy Quinton "Rampage" Jackson took a split decision over Satoshi Ishii. The bout drew boos from the Sc read news >>

Watch: Michael Chandler Scores One-Punch Knockout at Bellator Dynamite 2

Bellator 157 was a bit of a slog for a while there. Sure, there were some fireworks in Matt Mitrione's debut opposite Carl Seumanutafa, but the middle of the card was ho-hum at best. Enter Michael Ch read news >>

Bellator Dynamite 2 Results: ‘Rampage’ Takes Split Decision, Michael Chandler Reclaims Lightweight Title

In a highly-competitive heavyweight main event at "Bellator: Dynamite 2," “Rampage” Jackson edged out Satoshi Ishii with a split decision victory on Friday night. read news >>

Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 Post-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

The Scottrade Center in St. Louis hosted Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 on Friday, which included kickboxing and MMA fights. Following the event, the big winners spoke to the media. read news >>

Like Brock Lesnar, The Rock Once Considered a UFC Career

What if Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, one of the biggest stars in WWE history, had made the move to the UFC? read news >>