Georges St-Pierre UFC 167 Post_9471Following UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre’s split decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 on Nov. 16, the 32-year-old Canadian made cryptic comments about potentially retiring.

“I am going to hang my gloves up for a little bit and make sense of my life,” he said following the fight. “I have to go away for a little bit at least. Personal things are happening. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to the UFC.

“I have to step away for a bit, that’s all I can say right now. Later on, I’ll make a point about that. Right now, I have to go away for a little bit,” he continued.

UFC president Dana White has stated that a rematch is in the works, but St-Pierre’s manager, Rodolphe Beaulieu, told UFC Tonight that it’s “possible” that the fight with Hendricks may have St-Pierre’s last.

During the event’s post-fight press conference, the champion stated, “I understand from the point of view for the UFC and everything. It’s bad for them if I leave like this. But like I said, I need to make a point man. I can’t sleep at night now. I’m going crazy. I have issues. I need to relax. I need to get out for awhile.”

On Wednesday, St-Pierre tweeted a photo of himself on vacation and wrote, “Forget all the rumors- on vacation, happy & well!!!”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Manager confirms return of Fedor Emelianenko, expects top-10 opponent in first fight back

Time heals all wounds. Okay, now it's time to (officially) get excited. Lest you thought the mixed martial arts (MMA) community was being trolled by some dastardly do-badder in the outskirts of Russi read news >>

Vadim on 'unexpected' return of Fedor Emelianenko: No fight scheduled yet

M-1 Global founder and longtime manager of Fedor Emelianenko discusses the legendary heavyweight’s decision to come out of retirement. On Tuesday afternoon, BloodyElbow confirmed a report by Dave Mel read news >>

Jose Aldo's coach hits back at Chael Sonnen: 'Thank God he is not the UFC president'

Jose Aldo's coach and manager, Andre Pederneiras was not happy at all with Sonnen's comments on Jose Aldo after his injury came to surface. Andre Pederneiras finally heard what Chael Sonnen had to sa read news >>

Jenna Renee Webb slams Travis Browne's manager for 'absurd' comments, explain why she went to Instagram instead of polic

Fitness model Jenna Renee Webb came forward earlier this week to accuse her ex-boyfriend, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight contender Travis Browne, of abusing her during their relatio read news >>

Conor McGregor's former manager: 'He was always going to be a star'

LAS VEGAS -- Long before Conor McGregor was a household name in the MMA community, Halli Nelson was e-mailing UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby about him. Nelson made a big push to get McGreg read news >>

Travis Browne Denies Domestic Violence Allegations, UFC Issues Statement

Travis Browne's manager has revealed his client "1,000 percent" denies allegations of domestic violence. Browne has been axed from the UFC's International Fight Week after Jenna Renee Webb accused hi read news >>

Manager: Travis Browne denies domestic abuse allegations '1,000 percent'

In the wake of domestic abuse allegations on social media from his wife, Travis Browne’s manager says his client denies the charges “1,000 percent.” Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Travis Browne's manager issues denial in regards to domestic abuse allegations

Last night, Travis Browne's wife claimed that she was a victim of domestic violence at the hands of the UFC heavyweight. Now, his manager is denying the allegations. In the wake of troubling domestic read news >>

Travis Browne's manager responds to domestic abuse situation, disputes allegations '1 million percent'

Amidst abuse allegations from his girlfriend, Travis Browne is disputing those claims. According to his manager John Fosco, Browne will fully consent to the UFC's investigation on the matter and he i read news >>

Travis Browne's manager denies allegations that Browne abused wife

Travis Browne's manager is denying allegations that Travis Browne abused his wife. The UFC stated Thursday that it will have an independent party investigate the claims by Jenna Webb, Browne's wife, read news >>