MMAjunkie.com Radio (noon ET): Mike Dolce and Tom Watson
MMAjunkie.com Radio today featured MMA weight-cutting and nutrition consultant Mike Dolce as an in-studio guest host.
We also chat with UFC middleweight Tom Watson about potential next opponents.
MMAjunkie.com Radio airs today from noon to 2 p.m. ET (9 to 11 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Listen to and watch a video stream of the two-hour show at www.mmajunkie.com/radio, or watch it live on select television markets as part of Fight Now TV.
MMAjunkie.com Radio listener guide:
view original article >>
- HOW TO LISTEN: Go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio and choose a streaming option (such as Windows Media Player or Quicktime) to listen to the show live. A countdown clock appears when the show is offline.
- HOW TO WATCH (ON WEB): Check out a live webcam of the studio while there. You can also listen to a live audio stream of the show when you activate the video feed.
- HOW TO WATCH (ON TV): MMAjunkie.com Radio is simulcast live on the upstart Fight Now TV cable station. Watch “MMAjunkie.com Radio Live” in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as part of Cablevision’s iO Sports & Entertainment Pak on channel 464. (More cable partners will be added in the coming months.)
- HOW TO CALL: MMAjunkie.com Radio takes phone calls from listeners throughout the show. Call into the MMAjunkie.com Radio hotline at (702) 736-9461 or (702) 736-9463.
- HOW TO CHAT: To chat with the show’s hosts, guests and other MMAjunkie.com Radio listeners, launch the “Combat Chat” feature, which is available on the main radio page. You can discuss the show and even submit a question for the day’s guests while there.
- HOW TO DISCUSS: The MMAjunkie.com MMA Forums has a new section devoted solely to MMAjunkie.com Radio. Stop by the MMAjunkie.com Radio forum to discuss the show, interact with the hosts, suggest future guests and catch up on the latest MMAjunkie.com Radio news.
- HOW TO VISIT THE SHOW: You can watch MMAjunkie.com Radio live and in person at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip. The booth is located in the resort’s Race & Sports Book next to the Mandalay Bay poker room. To plan a trip to Sin City and MMAjunkie.com Radio, go to www.mandalaybay.com.
LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guest host Mike Dolce in studio.Filed under: News, UFC more
Listen to or download today’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guest Mike Dolce.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC more
SAN ANTONIO – UFC welterweight Kelvin Gastelum thought he had things under control with his weight, but he now admits he may need help once more. Filed under: News, UFC more
When one of Mike Dolce's most famous clients, Chael Sonnen, got busted a second time in less than a month for banned substances, MMA's most famous nutritionist had to separate business from friendship.
"As a friend, I support Chael, I love the guy, he's done amazing things," Dolce said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "On a professional level, it is certainly disappointing."
On Saturday night, MMAFighting.com broke the news that Sonnen failed a second Nevada Athletic Commission drug test,jus more
Leading up to his UFC Fight Night 44 bout with Niko Musoke, TUF 17 winner Kelvin Gastelum called nutritionist Mike Dolce's program "expensive."
But Gastelum missed weight by nearly two pounds, which caused the welterweight to forfeit 20 percent of his purse and may have cost him a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus after his decision win.
"Dana White was going to give him a $50,000 bonus for performance of the night," Dolce said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "But because he missed wei more
Mike Dolce talks about not working with Kelvin Gastelum for his recent fight, as well as Ronda Rousey and B.J. Penn's preparation for this weekend. more
Because as the nutrition expert put it, fighters like Kelvin Gastelum are paying 20 percent to someone just to answer a phone call from Joe Silva, instead of paying the proper coaching staff which actually helps them prepare to win a fight. Kelvin Gastelum failed to make weight in his third trip to welterweight this past weekend (Sat., June 28, 2014) prior to his fight against Nicholas Musoke at UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio, Texas.
A blunder that cost The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season 17 wi more
Several MMA managers expressed disappointment privately after nutritionist and coach Mike Dolce said on yesterday's episode of "The MMA Hour" that many MMA managers are doing a disservice to their clients. To recap:
"These managers are charging the athletes 20 percent," Dolce said, "just to answer a phone call from Joe Silva to get one opponent's name, to then call the athlete and say, you're fighting Johnny So-and-So. And then the manager then takes 20 percent out of that. And then the athlete more
Mike Constantino took exception to Mike Dolce's recent comments regarding MMA manager rates, saying it's the same as saying "you don't need to pay a diet guru 20 percent to buy your groceries."
Mike Dolce probably isn't a fan favorite among mixed martial arts (MMA) managers at the moment.
The nutrition guru, who has helped countless prominent MMA fighters make weight for their bouts, recently advised them to fire certain managers who are taking up to 20 percent of their earnings for representati more