Undefeated welterweight prospect Dhiego Lima has agreed to a four-fight contract with the Canada-based Maximum Fighting Championship promotion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Perfect in five professional appearances, Lima (Pictured; file photo) will meet King of the Cage veteran Jamie Toney at MFC 30 “Up Close and Personal” on June 10 at the Mayfield Inn Trade and Conference Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The 21-year-old Atlanta-based Brazilian has finished all five of his foes, four of them by submission.

“I’m young, I’m undefeated and I’m hungry,” Lima said in a release. “I will be trouble, but I’m still going to be patient. I’m not going to rush anything, but I know after winning my last fight that I’m ready to take a bigger step up in competition. I’m going to go out and put on a show.”

Lima last appeared at MFC 29 on April 8, when he submitted Josh Taveirne with a third-round rear-naked choke. His older brother, Douglas Lima, holds the MFC welterweight championship.

“I definitely want to get the belt,” the younger Lima said. “There’s nobody in the division outside of my brother that I can’t beat. This is my chance to go all the way to the top.”

Al Iaquinta Contract Dispute Nixes UFC New York Bout | MMAWeekly.com

Al Iaquinta had verbally agreed to fight at UFC New York, a fight he has wanted badly. Following a contract dispute, however, he is off the card. read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

• 12 hours ago

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

• 2 hours ago

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>

Coach: Julianna Pena never agreed to fight Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 205

Julianna Pena’s longtime coach said the UFC was very sly when it approached him roughly one week ago about a potential fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

• a day ago

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

• a day ago

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Lewis vs Tybura Set as Manila Co-Main Event

Sporting a four-fight winning streak that includes three knockout victories, No. 10-ranked heavyweight contender Derrick Lewis will travel to the Philippines on Saturday, October 15 to battle rising read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>