Undefeated welterweight prospect Dhiego Lima has agreed to a four-fight contract with the Canada-based Maximum Fighting Championship promotion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Perfect in five professional appearances, Lima (Pictured; file photo) will meet King of the Cage veteran Jamie Toney at MFC 30 “Up Close and Personal” on June 10 at the Mayfield Inn Trade and Conference Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The 21-year-old Atlanta-based Brazilian has finished all five of his foes, four of them by submission.

“I’m young, I’m undefeated and I’m hungry,” Lima said in a release. “I will be trouble, but I’m still going to be patient. I’m not going to rush anything, but I know after winning my last fight that I’m ready to take a bigger step up in competition. I’m going to go out and put on a show.”

Lima last appeared at MFC 29 on April 8, when he submitted Josh Taveirne with a third-round rear-naked choke. His older brother, Douglas Lima, holds the MFC welterweight championship.

“I definitely want to get the belt,” the younger Lima said. “There’s nobody in the division outside of my brother that I can’t beat. This is my chance to go all the way to the top.”

Attorney: Following public apology, Wanderlei Silva released from UFC contract

The UFC on Wednesday released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the industry-leader, freeing him to fight for other promoters, the fighter’s longtime attorney today told MMAjunkie.Filed under: F read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Reportedly Released from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Reaction

Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie.com reported Thursday the UFC released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the company.The news coincides with Silva recanting his previous claim this past summer that read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Retracts UFC Fight-Fixing Statements, Reportedly Released from Contract

While Wanderlei Silva awaits resolution over his lifetime ban handed down by the Nevada Athletic Commission, it appears that he is close to being free of the UFC. read news >>

Al Iaquinta: I'll be unstoppable when I come back with two healthy knees

Al Iaquinta ended 2015 riding a four-fight winning streak. With things fully clicking in his UFC career, Iaquinta had to put things on hold to have damage to the articular cartilage in his knee.It is read news >>

Twitter reacts to former UFC champ Benson Henderson signing Bellator contract

The MMA world got a little more interesting today when former UFC and WEC lightweight champion Benson Henderson announced his signing with Bellator .Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: 'Great guy' Benson Henderson got 'right deal for him' in move to Bellator

When Benson Henderson announced his new contract with Bellator earlier today, the UFC lost one of the most successful fighters to enter the octagon in several years. Dana White isn’t upset, however, read news >>

Contract disputes see Jake Shields out at WSOF 30, Jon Fitch now meets Joao Zeferino

It seems World Series of Fighting officials and veteran welterweight Jake Shields could not come to terms on a planned April meeting with Jon Fitch, and Joao Zeferino will now take his place in a fig read news >>

'TUF 19' runner-up Dhiego Lima headlines Legacy FC 53 in Atlanta

Former UFC fighter and “The Ultimate Fighter 19” runner-up Dhiego Lima will headline Legacy FC 53 in April.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>