It wasn’t until Lorenz Larkin got home and watched his fight with Francis Carmont that he became angry, or perhaps was just baffled.

Robbery isn’t the word he used to describe his reaction, but his feelings were nonetheless clear.

“I was like, ‘I won that fight,’” Larkin told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

At the announcement of unanimous scores for Carmont (21-7 MMA, 5-0 UFC) inside the octagon at HP Pavilion, where they squared off on the FX-televised preliminary-card of UFC on FOX 7, Larkin (13-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) said he was shocked that all three judges favored the Frenchman by scores of 29-28.

But despite the backstage proclamations of colleagues, who used the “R” word to describe the decision, and the public’s reaction to the fight from tweets and websites that had scored it for him, he didn’t share the outrage he felt.

Not until he saw the fight with his own eyes did he fully appreciate what had happened.

“To me, he took me down one time, and that was legitimately in his favor,” Larkin said. “But there were six seconds on the clock. He didn’t throw a punch; he just held my feet. I did give that to him. But the other time he took me down, I was offensive on the ground. I swept him, and I don’t know if I got any points for that.”

Carmont spent much of the middleweight fight trying to take down Larkin, whose cat-like balance kept him upright when most others would have fallen. Meanwhile, he countered Carmont’s advance with hard kicks and punches.

Larkin felt the strategy he used was far more effective in scoring points.

“I could understand him pressuring me, but then it goes to the thing of just because somebody’s pressuring the fight doesn’t mean they’re controlling the fight,” Larkin said. “But the way I fight might not appeal to an MMA judge, because I stand in front of the guys, I catch punches, and I don’t know if from the judges’ (opinion), it’s ‘He’s getting hit.’ But I just look at it like, yeah, I’m backing up, but I’m not taking any abuse, and I’m countering.”

Even with his takedown defense, Larkin said it was the most time he’d spent on the ground during any of his fights. He said if he could do it all over again, he would have capitalized more on the positions he found himself in.

“The only regret I have in the fight is when I swept him with a kimura, I wish I would have held on to it,” Larkin said. “I wish I would have just Frank Mir‘d it.”

Larkin, though, chalks the whole experience up to a lession, albeit a painful one. The loss was the first recorded loss of his professional career (a TKO loss to Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal was changed to a no-contest when Lawal tested positive for a steroid metabolite), and now he’ll be forced to rebuild.

Now vacationing in Las Vegas, Larkin will get started on that another day.

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 7, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

UFC on FOX 17: Anthony Pettis ready to step in if Donald Cerrone or Rafael dos Anjos get injured

After he was forced out of his UFC on FOX 16 showdown against Myles Jury due to an elbow injury, Anthony Pettis is gearing up for his return to the Octagon. The former Ultimate Fighting Championship read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone II Finalized for UFC on Fox 17 in Orlando

The rematch is finally on paper. It was announced Thursday, per a report by Damon Martin of FOX Sports, that newly installed UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos will make his first title defens read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone Headlines UFC on Fox 17 in Orlando

Lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos will put his title on the line for the first time against second-ranked Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone in the main event of UFC on Fox 17 on Dec. 19. read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos puts lightweight belt on line vs. 'Cowboy' Cerrone at UFC on FOX 17

For the second straight UFC on FOX card, a title will be on the line in the main event when Rafael dos Anjos meets Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in Orlando. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone main event set for UFC on FOX 17 in Orlando

Pump the brakes on that move to welterweight. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos will return to mixed martial arts (MMA) action and put his 155-pound title on read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone to headline UFC on Fox 17 in December

A lightweight title fight will get top billing at UFC on Fox 17 in Orlando in December. The UFC is headed back to the Sunshine State. The Amway Center in Orlando, which hosted a Fox event in April 20 read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos defends title against Donald Cerrone in UFC on FOX 17 headliner

What a way to end the year. Rafael dos Anjos will make his first lightweight title defense against Donald Cerrone at UFC on FOX 17 on Dec. 19 in Orlando, according to a report from FOX Sports. It's t read news >>

UFC on Fox 17 Event Page and Fight Card Rumors

Event page, fight card rumors, and start times for UFC on Fox 17 at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida on Dec. 19. read news >>

UFC on FOX 17 headed to Amway Center in Orlando on Dec. 19 for year-ender

The UFC will close out its 2015 calendar year with a return to the “Sunshine State.” Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC returns to Orlando on Dec. 19 for UFC on FOX 17

UFC on FOX 17 is official for Dec. 19 at the Amway Center in Orlando, FL, the UFC announced Wednesday on UFC Tonight. Without a year-end pay-per-view to follow it, the card is expected to be the fina read news >>