It wasn’t until Lorenz Larkin got home and watched his fight with Francis Carmont that he became angry, or perhaps was just baffled.

Robbery isn’t the word he used to describe his reaction, but his feelings were nonetheless clear.

“I was like, ‘I won that fight,’” Larkin told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

At the announcement of unanimous scores for Carmont (21-7 MMA, 5-0 UFC) inside the octagon at HP Pavilion, where they squared off on the FX-televised preliminary-card of UFC on FOX 7, Larkin (13-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) said he was shocked that all three judges favored the Frenchman by scores of 29-28.

But despite the backstage proclamations of colleagues, who used the “R” word to describe the decision, and the public’s reaction to the fight from tweets and websites that had scored it for him, he didn’t share the outrage he felt.

Not until he saw the fight with his own eyes did he fully appreciate what had happened.

“To me, he took me down one time, and that was legitimately in his favor,” Larkin said. “But there were six seconds on the clock. He didn’t throw a punch; he just held my feet. I did give that to him. But the other time he took me down, I was offensive on the ground. I swept him, and I don’t know if I got any points for that.”

Carmont spent much of the middleweight fight trying to take down Larkin, whose cat-like balance kept him upright when most others would have fallen. Meanwhile, he countered Carmont’s advance with hard kicks and punches.

Larkin felt the strategy he used was far more effective in scoring points.

“I could understand him pressuring me, but then it goes to the thing of just because somebody’s pressuring the fight doesn’t mean they’re controlling the fight,” Larkin said. “But the way I fight might not appeal to an MMA judge, because I stand in front of the guys, I catch punches, and I don’t know if from the judges’ (opinion), it’s ‘He’s getting hit.’ But I just look at it like, yeah, I’m backing up, but I’m not taking any abuse, and I’m countering.”

Even with his takedown defense, Larkin said it was the most time he’d spent on the ground during any of his fights. He said if he could do it all over again, he would have capitalized more on the positions he found himself in.

“The only regret I have in the fight is when I swept him with a kimura, I wish I would have held on to it,” Larkin said. “I wish I would have just Frank Mir‘d it.”

Larkin, though, chalks the whole experience up to a lession, albeit a painful one. The loss was the first recorded loss of his professional career (a TKO loss to Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal was changed to a no-contest when Lawal tested positive for a steroid metabolite), and now he’ll be forced to rebuild.

Now vacationing in Las Vegas, Larkin will get started on that another day.

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 7, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Lorenz Larkin Steps in for Short-Notice Fight with Neil Magny at UFC 202

Lorenz Larkin has agreed to take a short-notice fight with Neil Magny at UFC 202. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 91 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC on Fox 20

UFC Fight Night 91 is in the books. The results are as follows (h/t Bleacher Report's very own Craig Amos): Fight Night 91 Main Card on Fox Sports 1 John Lineker def. Michael McDonald, knockout (Roun read news >>

UFC Fight Night 91 Results: 5 Burning Questions Heading into UFC on Fox 20

UFC on FOX 20 Road to the Octagon: Felice Herrig vs. Kailin Curran

Go inside the lives and training camps of strawweights Felice Herrig and Kailin Curran as they prepare to battle in a pivotal bout for both contenders. read news >>

UFC on FOX 20 Road to the Octagon: Holly Holm vs. Valentina Shevchenko

Go inside the lives and training camps of 18-time world champion boxer Holly Holm and 17-time World Muay Thai champion Valentina Shevchenko. read news >>

UFC on FOX 20 Road to the Octagon: Gilbert Melendez vs. Edson Barboza

Go inside the lives and training camps of former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez and versatile striker Edson Barboza. read news >>

Holly Holm vs. Valentina Shevchenko: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC on Fox 20 is scheduled for July 23. The event is set to be headlined by a clash between bantamweights Holly Holm and Valentina Shevchenko. After capturing the division's title from Ronda Rousey i read news >>

UFC Chicago and UFC 202 Media Call: Holly Holm, Valentina Shevchenko, Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley

Listen in as UFC on FOX 20 headliners Holly Holm and Valentina Shevchenko, and UFC 201 main eventers Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley field media questions. read news >>

UFC on FOX 20: Holm vs. Shevchenko Full Live Results and Fight Stats

Follow along for UFC on FOX 20: Holm vs. Shevchenko full live results and fight stats. First fight is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 23. read news >>

Gilbert Melendez vs. Edson Barboza: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC on Fox 20 has a lightweight co-main event that fans will be standing to watch. The human highlight reel that is Edson Barboza (17-4) takes on the returning Gilbert Melendez (22-5) in Chicago. Bar read news >>