Coming off the biggest win of his career, Lorenz Larkin is in for another challenge April 20 when he makes his UFC debut at UFC on Fox 7 against Francis Carmont.

“Evidently I came in with something since they put me against Carmont,” Larkin told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “To me, he’s one of the top prospects in the UFC. … He’s on a four-fight win streak in the UFC. That says enough in itself.”

Carmont has not lost since 2008. The French middleweight edged Tom Lawlor via split decision last November in his most recent bout, and he also holds UFC wins over Karlos Vemola, Magnus Cedenblad and Chris Camozzi.

Larkin has been building an impressive resume himself, though. Undefeated, his 13 wins include a unanimous decision over Robbie Lawler last July in Strikeforce.

“I always look at it like this: Before I got to Strikeforce, I was a nobody,” Larkin said. “Nobody knew me. I was just that guy that filled in somebody else’s spot. I was expected to lose, and then from there I almost had a title shot in Strikeforce.”

Because Strikeforce shut down, however, Larkin is instead making the move to the UFC. Against Carmont, he’ll have an opportunity to establish himself in the promotion’s 185-pound division.

“To beat anybody that’s on a four-fight winning streak, in your first fight in the UFC, is a big deal in my eyes,” Larkin said.

The 26-year-old attended UFC 157, which featured Ronda Rousey’s submission win over Liz Carmouche, and got a feel for how a UFC event differs from Strikeforce. The transition hasn’t quite hit him yet, but he knows it will soon enough.

“In my personal opinion, I feel like the crowd is more lively at the UFC compared to Strikeforce,” he said. “When a guy got hit, the whole crowd was in an uproar.”

Certainly Larkin will look to give fans something to roar about against Carmont. He plans on standing with his opponent, but he also plans on Carmont eventually trying to take the fight to the ground.

“Every fighter wants to see how it goes standing up,” Larkin said. “Well, no. I have seen a couple of fights where guys come out and shoot, but most of the guys want to test the waters, and once that gets uncomfortable, then they want to go to their second nature. I expect that when it doesn’t go his way standing up that he’s going to try to take me down and do what he’s good at.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:18:34).

Gall excited for 'best 15 minutes of career' vs Punk

Mickey Gall doesn’t plan on just beating CM Punk at UFC 203 – he plans on destroying the former WWE megastar in his UFC debut. read news >>

CM Punk Comments on MMA Career, Life After WWE and More

Ahead of his highly anticipated MMA debut against Mickey Gall Saturday at UFC 203, CM Punk discussed his development as a fighter and his past as a WWE Superstar in The Players' Tribune. Punk said th read news >>

UFC's CM Punk Experiment Gets off to a Painful Start

CM Punk’s new career as an MMA fighter got off to a painful start on Saturday. Punk proved no match for Mickey Gall at UFC 203, as Gall wasted little time taking the former WWE wrestler down and scor read news >>

CM Punk’s Drawing Power Might Not Be Enough | MMAWeekly.com

CM Punk’s UFC career may have been a one-and-done deal. The former WWE superstar made his professional fighting debut on Saturday at UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Tito Ortiz: Chael Sonnen Payback Would be a Great Way to End His Career | MMAWeekly.com

For Tito Ortiz, there is no better way to end his career than to exact payback upon Chael Sonnen. read news >>

Why Does BJ Penn Want to Return Now? | MMAWeekly.com

After seemingly ending his career, over the past two years, UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn has had time to reconsider. So, why come back now? read news >>

Would Luke Rockhold Pose Nude for His Modeling Career? | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has delved into modeling. Inside MMA talked to him about it, as well as his rematch with Jacare Souza and relationship with Demi Lovato. read news >>

Conor McGregor Is the Biggest Draw in UFC History

The UFC has been a pay-per-view business since its inception, but it has never experienced a stretch of business as successful as it has in the last year. A company that broke the threshold of a mill read news >>

Biggest Upset in TUF History Happened This Week | MMAWeekly.com

Arguably the biggest upset in the history of The Ultimate Fighter happened on the fifth episode of TUF 24: Tournament of Champions, which aired on Wednesday. read news >>

After going to judges for entire UFC career, Michel Prazeres has knockout planned in Brazil

Like many fighters who get asked about a penchant to go to the judges’ scorecards, Michel Prazeres believes there’s good reason he hasn’t been able to finish the four fighters he has wins over in the read news >>