Lloyd Woodard will face a tall task when he steps into the cage for his bout with Patricky Freire at Bellator 62 on Friday night.

With seven knockouts among his 10 career victories, the Brazilian is known as one of the most fearsome strikers in the promotion and is considered an early favorite to win the Season 6 lightweight tournament.

Woodard isn’t impressed by Freire’s power, however. In fact, the Missoula, Mont., native forecasts a stoppage victory for himself when he locks horns with “Pitbull” at the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas.

“I’m usually pretty accurate with my predictions, and I see this fight with Patricky ‘Pitbull’ ending by TKO,” Woodard told Sherdog.com. “I see myself stopping him by the end of the second round or early in the third. I’ll probably drop him with a big punch, get on top and just bang him out.”

The Woodard-Freire showdown is one of four lightweight tournament quarterfinal bouts on the Bellator 62 bill. The eventual winner of the bracket receives $100,000 and a guaranteed 155-pound title shot.

“I’m coming into this tournament to put a belt around my waist. I like to wear baggy pants, and the belt I have right now just isn’t cutting it,” Woodard quipped. “I’m taking it this year. I feel really good, and I just can’t wait to take what’s mine.”

The Dogpound Fight Team representative has plenty of motivation driving him toward that goal. Current Bellator kingpin Michael Chandler handed Woodard the only loss of his career last April in the promotion’s Season 4 tournament semifinals. Six months after that bout, “Cupcake” underwent knee surgery that sidelined him for six months. Now recovered, he has been training with an eye toward another meeting with the champion.

“Since [the knee surgery] I’ve been working extremely hard on my wrestling, because that’s what Michael Chandler used to beat me. I just really want that rematch,” he said. “I want to fight Michael Chandler again, and I’m going to take out everybody in my way so I can beat the only guy that’s beaten me.”

First, there is the matter of getting by Freire, who fell to Chandler in the 155-pound final at Bellator 44. Woodard is looking forward to showcasing his standup skills against the explosive Team Nogueira product.

“I know I’m a better striker than [Freire]. I know I am,” Woodard said. “I’m going to come straight at him. I’m a lot more technical on my feet than most people think. I’ve been working a lot on my boxing. I’m not going to run; I’m going to get right in his face.”

And if Freire does connect with something significant, Woodard is confident that he is built to weather the storm.

“I have this huge mustache,” he said. “Every time Patricky hits me, it’s not even going to hurt that bad, because it’s so soft.”

Derek Campos Expecting Explosive Fight with Djamil Chan at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Derek Campos steps into a Bellator 161 lightweight bout against Djamil Chan on Friday, in what could very well end up being a title elimination bout. read news >>

Did Bellator Find Its Own Paige VanZant in Russian Flyweight Anastasia Yankova?

Anastasia Yankova is very pretty. It feels disingenuous to start anywhere else. It's always been a part of her story, even back to her amateur days at a tournament where no one would cheer for her. S read news >>

Tony Johnson Believes a Win Over Cheick Kongo Paves Way to Bellator Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Johnson has worked his way into a heavyweight main event fight against Cheick Kongo at Bellator 161 on Friday. Is it his route to the title? read news >>

Mark Dickman Says He's a 'Step Above' Bellator 161 Opponent Daniel Pineda | MMAWeekly.com

Mark Dickman will make his return at Bellator 161 on Friday in Texas to take on local veteran Daniel Pineda in a preliminary card 145-pound bout. read news >>

Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson Weigh-in Video and Results | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson weigh-in is slated for Thursday, Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT. Watch it streaming live on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Chael Sonnen Leaves UFC, Signs with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen has officially ended his retirement from MMA competition. But he's not coming back to the UFC. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Fought Chael Sonnen? Sonnen Tells the True Tale | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen, who is returning to the fight game in 2016 with Bellator, tells the tale of the time he and Ronda Rousey allegedly fought in a restaurant. read news >>

Why Did Chael Sonnen Return to Fight for Bellator, Not the UFC? | MMAWeekly.com

A day after Chael Sonnen inked a deal to return to MMA to fight for Bellator, not the UFC, the American Gangster hosted a throng of media to answer why. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Faces Crippling Fines if He Tests Positive at Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

In his return, Chael Sonnen has to endure much tougher drug testing scrutiny. If he slips up, his contract imposes crippling financial repercussions. read news >>