Liz Carmouche at StrikeforceFollowing two straight losses in Strikeforce, former title contender Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche made her comeback at Invicta FC 1 this past April and did not disappoint. But handily defeating Ashleigh Curry in just under two minutes is not the whole story, being a part of Invicta’s first event was special in many ways to Carmouche.

“It was a great experience and I really enjoyed being part of the show,” said Carmouche. “Where normally the women are a small group and men dominate the sport, it was nice to be able to network, socialize and meet other women of the sport.

“Being offered an opportunity to come back and help facilitate their growth (on their upcoming show) is an awesome, awesome feeling.”

Even though she managed to quickly finish her opponent, Carmouche would have liked a chance to work more of her game plan that night.

“I would have liked it to have gone a little bit longer, but overall it’s a win and it was good,” Carmouche told MMAWeekly.com. “I think I had one scratch on me from when she tried to rip off my bra and that was it.”

At Invicta’s second show on July 28 in Kansas City, Carmouche will face the fighter who fought in the bout right before her on the previous show, Kaitlin Young.

“Kaitlin is most known for her Muay Thai, but I know she’s been working hard in her camps on her Jiu-Jitsu and her wrestling, so I’m expecting her to want to change up her game and how she’s not just a Muay Thai fighter,” said Carmouche.

Should Carmouche win her second fight in a row, it could set her up for a myriad of prospects later in the year.

“I hope that there are possibilities with both Strikeforce and Invicta,” she said. “Right now there’s no title (in Invicta) in this weight class, so I hope I can get into the running for that. If not, then I hope I can have another showing in Strikeforce, because I still have a contract with them and would love to go back and represent them.”

In particular, Carmouche has her eye on the participants in the coming Strikeforce women’s 135-pound title match between Sarah Kaufman and Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in San Diego.

“With Kaufman, I feel like I’ve grown in the past year since our fight and so I definitely stand up to be another opponent for her,” said Carmouche. “As for Rousey, I’d like to see her fight a few more times and see where actually she pans out. I think this fight this fight with Kaufman will really show what she has to offer the sport. Even a fight against her, I would love that.

“Really (I’d like to fight) anyone in Strikeforce. I feel like I’ve been put there for a reason and have been given opportunities because I do have talent, and I would like the opportunity to show that again.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Pic: UFC champ Ronda Rousey becomes jedi knight to celebrate 'Star Wars Day'

Or is that Sith Lord? Jedi mind tricks? Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey is looking forward to the next Star Wars movie (see the latest trailer here) read news >>

Chael Sonnen on Ronda Rousey: 'She got the loudest response of all of Wrestlemania'

"The American Gangster" spoke to MMAMania about working with Jim Ross, future broadcast possibilities and Ronda Rousey's appearance at Wrestlemania 32. Former UFC title contender and current ESPN MMA read news >>

Morning Report: Ronda Rousey talks 'dream' matchup with Jon Jones and WrestleMania 32 mind games

• a day ago

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey faces Bethe Correia Aug. 1 at UFC 190 in Brazil, but some of her fans seem a bit more interested in the hypothetical. Doing a live Q&A hosted by The Wal read news >>

Video: 'It's Time!' to hear Manny Pacquiao announce UFC champ Ronda Rousey alongside Bruce Buffer

Manny Pacquiao is a man of many talents, and may just be adding ring announcer to his resume whenever he decides to hang up his gloves. The world champion pugilist joined Ultimate Fighting Championsh read news >>

Making the Case for Ronda Rousey as the Pound-for-Pound Best in MMA

Over the past few years, only Jon Jones and Jose Aldo have been nearly as dominant over their divisions in the UFC as Ronda Rousey has. Despite recent off-the-Octagon issues, Jones is still undeniabl read news >>

Video: Watch what happens when Ronda Rousey tries to armbar Luke Rockhold

Hi Ian. My apologies to those mixed martial arts (MMA) fans hoping for another update on former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones, but this is REALLY import read news >>

Jon Jones Loses Reebok Endorsement, Effective Immediately

Reebok has terminated its endorsement contract with now-former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, effective immediately. read news >>

Video: Ronda Rousey attempts armbar on Luke Rockhold

UFC women's star Ronda Rousey can be seen drilling armbar practise at AKA with Luke Rockhold. The Ronda Rousey Vs. Man publicity has fizzled out over recent weeks after discussion ping-ponged over th read news >>

Reebok terminates Jon Jones' contract in light of recent arrest

Jon Jones' Reebok sponsorship is no more. The apparel company announced on Wednesday that it had terminated Jones' contract effective immediately. "In light of recent events, we have made the decisio read news >>