Liz Carmouche at StrikeforceFollowing two straight losses in Strikeforce, former title contender Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche made her comeback at Invicta FC 1 this past April and did not disappoint. But handily defeating Ashleigh Curry in just under two minutes is not the whole story, being a part of Invicta’s first event was special in many ways to Carmouche.

“It was a great experience and I really enjoyed being part of the show,” said Carmouche. “Where normally the women are a small group and men dominate the sport, it was nice to be able to network, socialize and meet other women of the sport.

“Being offered an opportunity to come back and help facilitate their growth (on their upcoming show) is an awesome, awesome feeling.”

Even though she managed to quickly finish her opponent, Carmouche would have liked a chance to work more of her game plan that night.

“I would have liked it to have gone a little bit longer, but overall it’s a win and it was good,” Carmouche told MMAWeekly.com. “I think I had one scratch on me from when she tried to rip off my bra and that was it.”

At Invicta’s second show on July 28 in Kansas City, Carmouche will face the fighter who fought in the bout right before her on the previous show, Kaitlin Young.

“Kaitlin is most known for her Muay Thai, but I know she’s been working hard in her camps on her Jiu-Jitsu and her wrestling, so I’m expecting her to want to change up her game and how she’s not just a Muay Thai fighter,” said Carmouche.

Should Carmouche win her second fight in a row, it could set her up for a myriad of prospects later in the year.

“I hope that there are possibilities with both Strikeforce and Invicta,” she said. “Right now there’s no title (in Invicta) in this weight class, so I hope I can get into the running for that. If not, then I hope I can have another showing in Strikeforce, because I still have a contract with them and would love to go back and represent them.”

In particular, Carmouche has her eye on the participants in the coming Strikeforce women’s 135-pound title match between Sarah Kaufman and Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in San Diego.

“With Kaufman, I feel like I’ve grown in the past year since our fight and so I definitely stand up to be another opponent for her,” said Carmouche. “As for Rousey, I’d like to see her fight a few more times and see where actually she pans out. I think this fight this fight with Kaufman will really show what she has to offer the sport. Even a fight against her, I would love that.

“Really (I’d like to fight) anyone in Strikeforce. I feel like I’ve been put there for a reason and have been given opportunities because I do have talent, and I would like the opportunity to show that again.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Ronda Rousey’s UFC Return Planned for November or December

Ronda Rousey won't be back in time for UFC 200, but Dana White makes it sound as if she might be on target for a date in New York. read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's UFC Return Amid Miesha Tate Fight Rumours

UFC president Dana White believes former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is "ready to fight" again, and she will return to the Octagon in November or December. That could open the door for read news >>

Cris Cyborg Expects Big UFC Fights in Her Future: Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Miesha Tate

On May 14 in Curitiba, Brazil, Cris Cyborg makes her UFC debut in a 140-pound catchweight bout, but sees much bigger fights in her future. read news >>

Cris Cyborg UFC 198 Media Scrum: ‘I Believe Ronda Rousey Can Be Champion Again’

Cris Cyborg talked about her Octagon debut with Leslie Smith, her relationship with Dana White, and her thoughts on Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Miesha Tate Inks New UFC Contract

Before defending her women’s 135-pound title, Miesha Tate has signed a new contract with the UFC. Tate’s management firm, KHI Management announced the news on Tuesday via Twitter. read news >>

With McGregor in mind, Aldo vows to get back to aggressive WEC days

Miffed he didn't get Conor McGregor rematch at UFC 200, Jose Aldo promises return to aggressive old school way in exclusive read news >>

Mike Dolce: After coaches meeting, Ronda Rousey plotting return and 'world domination'

This past month, renowned MMA nutritionist Mike Dolce found himself in Los Angeles for a “coaches meeting” with longtime client Ronda Rousey.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

Miesha Tate to Defend Title Against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200

Fresh off of signing a new contract, UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will make the first defense of her title at this summer's UFC 200. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Plans 'World Domination' as Lyoto Machida Issues Cyborg Warning

Ronda Rousey is planning a return to the UFC and is aiming to reassert the dominance she enjoyed before her November defeat to Holly Holm, according to her nutrition coach, Mike Dolce. Before the bru read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: Dishing on Amanda Nunes Fight Ahead of Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm

Miesha Tate talks about facing Amanda Nunes, potential rematches with Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, and what's on the horizon with Cris Cyborg. read news >>