Liz Carmouche at StrikeforceFollowing two straight losses in Strikeforce, former title contender Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche made her comeback at Invicta FC 1 this past April and did not disappoint. But handily defeating Ashleigh Curry in just under two minutes is not the whole story, being a part of Invicta’s first event was special in many ways to Carmouche.

“It was a great experience and I really enjoyed being part of the show,” said Carmouche. “Where normally the women are a small group and men dominate the sport, it was nice to be able to network, socialize and meet other women of the sport.

“Being offered an opportunity to come back and help facilitate their growth (on their upcoming show) is an awesome, awesome feeling.”

Even though she managed to quickly finish her opponent, Carmouche would have liked a chance to work more of her game plan that night.

“I would have liked it to have gone a little bit longer, but overall it’s a win and it was good,” Carmouche told “I think I had one scratch on me from when she tried to rip off my bra and that was it.”

At Invicta’s second show on July 28 in Kansas City, Carmouche will face the fighter who fought in the bout right before her on the previous show, Kaitlin Young.

“Kaitlin is most known for her Muay Thai, but I know she’s been working hard in her camps on her Jiu-Jitsu and her wrestling, so I’m expecting her to want to change up her game and how she’s not just a Muay Thai fighter,” said Carmouche.

Should Carmouche win her second fight in a row, it could set her up for a myriad of prospects later in the year.

“I hope that there are possibilities with both Strikeforce and Invicta,” she said. “Right now there’s no title (in Invicta) in this weight class, so I hope I can get into the running for that. If not, then I hope I can have another showing in Strikeforce, because I still have a contract with them and would love to go back and represent them.”

In particular, Carmouche has her eye on the participants in the coming Strikeforce women’s 135-pound title match between Sarah Kaufman and Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in San Diego.

“With Kaufman, I feel like I’ve grown in the past year since our fight and so I definitely stand up to be another opponent for her,” said Carmouche. “As for Rousey, I’d like to see her fight a few more times and see where actually she pans out. I think this fight this fight with Kaufman will really show what she has to offer the sport. Even a fight against her, I would love that.

“Really (I’d like to fight) anyone in Strikeforce. I feel like I’ve been put there for a reason and have been given opportunities because I do have talent, and I would like the opportunity to show that again.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC 207: Ronda Rousey Working With Olympic Boxer Mikaela Mayer

• 13 hours ago

Former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has brought in a specialist training partner ahead of UFC 207.Through out her amazing career the question often asked about Ronda Rousey was how read news >>

Alain Moussi on Working with Georges St-Pierre and Cain Velasquez in Kickboxer Reboot |

Action star Alain Moussi is the lead in the Kickboxer: Vengeance reboot. He dishes on working alongside Georges St-Pierre, Cain Velasquez, and more. read news >>

Ronda Rousey 'Absolutely' Wants Cris Cyborg UFC Fight, Says Dana White

UFC President Dana White has said former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey "absolutely, positively wants to fight" Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg. White was asked about the possibilit read news >>

Dana White thinks Ronda Rousey will fight before the end of 2016

Dana White believes Ronda Rousey is ready for a comeback sooner rather than later. read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey Absolutely Positively Wants to Fight Cyborg... So? No? |

So what do we really know when Dana White says that Ronda Rousey "absolutely, positively" wants to fight Cris Cyborg? read news >>

Dana White: 'Ronda Rousey absolutely wants to fight Cyborg'

According to Dana White, former champ Ronda Rousey is looking to throw down with longtime rivalCris"Cyborg" Justino.Ronda Rousey is alreadyguaranteed an immediate title shotif and when she read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Ronda Rousey wants to fight Cris Cyborg - 'TMZ Sports'

Ronda Rousey isn't scared of Cyborg. read news >>

Dana, Ronda, Ari make 50 most influential list

Former women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, UFC President Dana White and UFC CEO Ari Emanuel all made Sporting News' list of the 50 most influential people in sports for 2016. read news >>