Liz Carmouche at StrikeforceFollowing two straight losses in Strikeforce, former title contender Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche made her comeback at Invicta FC 1 this past April and did not disappoint. But handily defeating Ashleigh Curry in just under two minutes is not the whole story, being a part of Invicta’s first event was special in many ways to Carmouche.

“It was a great experience and I really enjoyed being part of the show,” said Carmouche. “Where normally the women are a small group and men dominate the sport, it was nice to be able to network, socialize and meet other women of the sport.

“Being offered an opportunity to come back and help facilitate their growth (on their upcoming show) is an awesome, awesome feeling.”

Even though she managed to quickly finish her opponent, Carmouche would have liked a chance to work more of her game plan that night.

“I would have liked it to have gone a little bit longer, but overall it’s a win and it was good,” Carmouche told MMAWeekly.com. “I think I had one scratch on me from when she tried to rip off my bra and that was it.”

At Invicta’s second show on July 28 in Kansas City, Carmouche will face the fighter who fought in the bout right before her on the previous show, Kaitlin Young.

“Kaitlin is most known for her Muay Thai, but I know she’s been working hard in her camps on her Jiu-Jitsu and her wrestling, so I’m expecting her to want to change up her game and how she’s not just a Muay Thai fighter,” said Carmouche.

Should Carmouche win her second fight in a row, it could set her up for a myriad of prospects later in the year.

“I hope that there are possibilities with both Strikeforce and Invicta,” she said. “Right now there’s no title (in Invicta) in this weight class, so I hope I can get into the running for that. If not, then I hope I can have another showing in Strikeforce, because I still have a contract with them and would love to go back and represent them.”

In particular, Carmouche has her eye on the participants in the coming Strikeforce women’s 135-pound title match between Sarah Kaufman and Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in San Diego.

“With Kaufman, I feel like I’ve grown in the past year since our fight and so I definitely stand up to be another opponent for her,” said Carmouche. “As for Rousey, I’d like to see her fight a few more times and see where actually she pans out. I think this fight this fight with Kaufman will really show what she has to offer the sport. Even a fight against her, I would love that.

“Really (I’d like to fight) anyone in Strikeforce. I feel like I’ve been put there for a reason and have been given opportunities because I do have talent, and I would like the opportunity to show that again.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

From Around the Web

'Cyborg' Justino signed to Zuffa contract, but don't expect Ronda Rousey fight soon

Wednesday, Twitter briefly lit up with news that Cris "Cyborg" Justino had signed with the UFC. Well, yes and no. Justino, the Invicta featherweight champion, did indeed sign a contract with UFC pare read news >>

Morning Report: Ronda Rousey extends UFC contract but wishes she could box Laila Ali or a world champion

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey won't ever be fighting former pro boxer Laila Ali, but it doesn't mean she isn't interested. Fortunately for Ali, Rousey says she's extended her UFC con read news >>

Ronda Rousey, UFC Agree on New Contract: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is among the hottest commodities in all of sports, but the Octagon will continue to be her main focus for the foreseeable future. According to Fox Sport read news >>

Ronda Rousey Signs Long-term UFC Contract Extension

Following her UFC 184 14-second finish of Cat Zingano, UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey negotiated a new long-term deal. read news >>

Ronda Rousey inks longterm UFC contract extension

Like there was ever a chance Dana White and Co. would let one of its biggest goldmines go. Ahead of her sixth title defense against Bethe Correia -- which is set to go down at UFC 190 on Aug. 1, 2015 read news >>

UFC signed off on Ronda Rousey's appearance at WrestleMania 31 months ago

Vince and Dana working hand in hand, folks. Ronda Rousey made an impromptu performance last night (Sun., March 29, 2015) at Wrestlemania 31 in Santa Clara, Calif., much to the delight of professional read news >>

Liz Carmouche focused on Ronda Rousey, says champ forcing everyone to learn judo

FAIRFAX, Va. – Liz Carmouche is back in the win column – despite a controversial decision to get there – and the former title challenger admits there’s still just one possible opponent on her mind.Fi read news >>

Video: Ronda Rousey's outsider relationship with Brazil fans different than most

RIO DE JANEIRO – Things are different for UFC superstar Ronda Rousey on many levels. Watch how the fans in Brazil treated the champion today. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey announces Miesha Tate's next fight: Jessica Eye for No. 1 contender

RIO DE JANEIRO – The UFC usually scolds fighters for prematurely announcing big fights. When it’s women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey, the brass will make an exception. Filed under: MMA Rumors, N read news >>