Liz Carmouche at StrikeforceFollowing two straight losses in Strikeforce, former title contender Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche made her comeback at Invicta FC 1 this past April and did not disappoint. But handily defeating Ashleigh Curry in just under two minutes is not the whole story, being a part of Invicta’s first event was special in many ways to Carmouche.

“It was a great experience and I really enjoyed being part of the show,” said Carmouche. “Where normally the women are a small group and men dominate the sport, it was nice to be able to network, socialize and meet other women of the sport.

“Being offered an opportunity to come back and help facilitate their growth (on their upcoming show) is an awesome, awesome feeling.”

Even though she managed to quickly finish her opponent, Carmouche would have liked a chance to work more of her game plan that night.

“I would have liked it to have gone a little bit longer, but overall it’s a win and it was good,” Carmouche told “I think I had one scratch on me from when she tried to rip off my bra and that was it.”

At Invicta’s second show on July 28 in Kansas City, Carmouche will face the fighter who fought in the bout right before her on the previous show, Kaitlin Young.

“Kaitlin is most known for her Muay Thai, but I know she’s been working hard in her camps on her Jiu-Jitsu and her wrestling, so I’m expecting her to want to change up her game and how she’s not just a Muay Thai fighter,” said Carmouche.

Should Carmouche win her second fight in a row, it could set her up for a myriad of prospects later in the year.

“I hope that there are possibilities with both Strikeforce and Invicta,” she said. “Right now there’s no title (in Invicta) in this weight class, so I hope I can get into the running for that. If not, then I hope I can have another showing in Strikeforce, because I still have a contract with them and would love to go back and represent them.”

In particular, Carmouche has her eye on the participants in the coming Strikeforce women’s 135-pound title match between Sarah Kaufman and Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in San Diego.

“With Kaufman, I feel like I’ve grown in the past year since our fight and so I definitely stand up to be another opponent for her,” said Carmouche. “As for Rousey, I’d like to see her fight a few more times and see where actually she pans out. I think this fight this fight with Kaufman will really show what she has to offer the sport. Even a fight against her, I would love that.

“Really (I’d like to fight) anyone in Strikeforce. I feel like I’ve been put there for a reason and have been given opportunities because I do have talent, and I would like the opportunity to show that again.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Why Ronda Rousey's mind games won't work on Holly Holm (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Rousey claims she's a better boxer, but the former world champion Holm isn't biting on the trash talk. read news >>

Why Ronda Rousey's mind games won't work on Holly Holm (Yahoo Sports)

Neil Magny Steps in to Save UFC Fight Night 78 Main Event

The hardest working man in MMA has agreed to step up and save the UFC Fight Night 78 main event. read news >>

UFC champ Ronda Rousey isn't comfortable with role-model status

Ronda Rousey rarely shows a shred of doubt or vulnerability, at least not for the consumption of her considerable public following.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Uninterrupted: Ronda Rousey Discusses Her Day in Australia

Ronda Rousey discusses her daily preparation, leading up to her fight on November 14 in Australia. Uninterrupted is a platform that allows personalities to connect with fans on a much deeper level, w read news >>

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Scraps Old Contract for New 8-Fight Deal

With little muss or fuss, light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has scrapped his old UFC contract for a new eight-fight deal that makes him very happy. read news >>

Young girls begin #RouseyRevolution online

Ronda Rousey's revolution is beginning online as the UFC is releasing videos of young girls showcasing their Rousey-like skills and encouraging others to join. read news >>

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm Extended Video Preview

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey faces perhaps her toughest challenge to date when she defends her title against Holly Holm at UFC 193. read news >>

Holly Holm: Despite what Ronda Rousey thinks, I can handle winning spotlight at UFC 193

LOS ANGELES — Ronda Rousey was warned on Monday that she has made a serious mistake by questioning upcoming opponent Holly Holm’s ability to handle the spotlight when the two meet at UFC 193.Filed un read news >>

Daniel Cormier, UFC Agree to New Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) signed an eight-fight contract with the organization Monday. According to Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie, Cormier met with the UFC and read news >>