Brock Lesnar has had his health to concentrate on in recent months, but that doesn’t mean the UFC heavyweight champion has missed Frank Mir’s campaign to secure a third bout with him.

“I don’t think I beat him as bad as I could, so for me to get my hands on that stalker again … Frank Mir has made it a mission of his life, Frank Mir the stalker. It’s been a while since I’ve had a stalker, but we’ll take care of that if I ever face him again,” Lesnar said during a Wednesday conference call.

Mir and Lesnar have built a palpable rivalry together. In February 2008, Mir submitted Lesnar with a kneebar in 90 seconds at UFC 81 in Las Vegas. Then, Lesnar defeated Mir in brutal fashion during the second round of their title reunification rematch at UFC 100 last July.

Both have exchanged critical words of one another in and out of the cage, while Mir had publicly lamented that Lesnar’s recent battle with an intestinal infection might have prevented a rubber match with the heavyweight champion.

In Lesnar’s absence, the UFC has elected to have Mir face Shane Carwin for the division’s interim title at UFC 111 on March 27 in Newark, N.J. The winner of the bout is slated to face Lesnar next, while a Feb. 20 bout between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez has been earmarked as a reserve bout as well.

Lesnar said Wednesday that he wouldn’t speculate on whom he thinks might advance from the interim matchup.

“I can’t blow on any of that. That’s the future and that’s the beauty of it,” said Lesnar. “I’ll just sit back. I’ll sharpen my skills. I’ll be prepared for either one of those guys. If it’s Nogueria or if it’s Velasquez, I know one thing -- all those guys are s---tting their pants right now.

Lesnar, who lost 40 pounds during his recent fight with diverticulosis, said that whoever emerges as his next challenger will have a renewed fighter on his hands.

“I had a hard time getting out of bed and walking to a bathroom. I’d be out of breath,” said Lesnar of his illness. “Ironically, I think (the ordeal) raised my conditioning level. I was really at the bottom of the barrel, and now I’m back in the gym. I’m helping (two-time NCAA wrestling champion) Cole Konrad and Chris Tuchscherer ... and I feel great. I feel like my old self again.”

Conor McGregor 'not in my plans for the next 10 months,' says UFC President Dana White

In spite of Conor McGregor’s recent clues that we might be seeing him sooner than originally expected, UFC president Dana White is still not counting on the lightweight champion for ten months.Filed read news >>

Here's one person who's not into Max Holloway's recent smack-talking game: his grandma

Max Holloway may have provided some of 2016’s most interesting, expletive-filled smack-talking moments, but manager Brian Butler says there was a process to letting the interim champ speak his mind.F read news >>

What can MMA fans expect in 2017? Change, for better or worse

The last year saw plenty of upheaval in the MMA landscape. But after the UFC sale, and with the first signs of the new owners’ hand showing through, expect a lot to change in 2017.Filed under: News, read news >>

Former UFC champ Brock Lesnar gets 1-year suspension from USADA

Former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has been given a one-year suspension for multiple drug failures in connection with his UFC 200 about against Mark Hunt.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Brock Lesnar Gets USADA Suspension in Addition to Nevada Sanctions | MMAWeekly.com

Brock Lesnar, after agreeing to a one-year sanction from the Nevada Athletic Commission, has received a similar punishment from USADA. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Suspended 1 Year by USADA for Doping: Latest Details and Reaction

Brock Lesnar's brief return to the UFC last July has cost him once again, as the former heavyweight champion has been suspended for one year by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). Per Marc read news >>

Mark Hunt criticizes Brock Lesnar suspensions, threatens lawsuits for opponents who dope

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt said financial concerns forced him to take a rematch with Alistair Overeem at UFC 209. But Hunt isn’t completely giving up on his Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC heavyweight Justin Ledet 'rolling with the punches' but sees big things on horizon

Justin Ledet made his UFC debut just five months ago, but he’s already racked up a pair of octagon wins. At UFC Fight Night 104, he’ll look for a third UFC victory, and big things could come quickly read news >>

Trading Shots: What is it about Ronda Rousey that evokes the mainstream hot takes?

In this week’s Trading Shots, Ronda Rousey’s recent loss spurned a wave of questionable responses from the broader sports media. If that’s what mainstream attention looks like, is it really a good th read news >>

Ev Ting vs. Kamal Shalorus headlines ONE Championship 52 in Malaysia

Some familiar lightweights are slated for next month’s “ONE Championship 52: Throne of Tigers” headliner in Malaysia.Filed under: News read news >>