Brock Lesnar has had his health to concentrate on in recent months, but that doesn’t mean the UFC heavyweight champion has missed Frank Mir’s campaign to secure a third bout with him.

“I don’t think I beat him as bad as I could, so for me to get my hands on that stalker again … Frank Mir has made it a mission of his life, Frank Mir the stalker. It’s been a while since I’ve had a stalker, but we’ll take care of that if I ever face him again,” Lesnar said during a Wednesday conference call.

Mir and Lesnar have built a palpable rivalry together. In February 2008, Mir submitted Lesnar with a kneebar in 90 seconds at UFC 81 in Las Vegas. Then, Lesnar defeated Mir in brutal fashion during the second round of their title reunification rematch at UFC 100 last July.

Both have exchanged critical words of one another in and out of the cage, while Mir had publicly lamented that Lesnar’s recent battle with an intestinal infection might have prevented a rubber match with the heavyweight champion.

In Lesnar’s absence, the UFC has elected to have Mir face Shane Carwin for the division’s interim title at UFC 111 on March 27 in Newark, N.J. The winner of the bout is slated to face Lesnar next, while a Feb. 20 bout between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez has been earmarked as a reserve bout as well.

Lesnar said Wednesday that he wouldn’t speculate on whom he thinks might advance from the interim matchup.

“I can’t blow on any of that. That’s the future and that’s the beauty of it,” said Lesnar. “I’ll just sit back. I’ll sharpen my skills. I’ll be prepared for either one of those guys. If it’s Nogueria or if it’s Velasquez, I know one thing -- all those guys are s---tting their pants right now.

Lesnar, who lost 40 pounds during his recent fight with diverticulosis, said that whoever emerges as his next challenger will have a renewed fighter on his hands.

“I had a hard time getting out of bed and walking to a bathroom. I’d be out of breath,” said Lesnar of his illness. “Ironically, I think (the ordeal) raised my conditioning level. I was really at the bottom of the barrel, and now I’m back in the gym. I’m helping (two-time NCAA wrestling champion) Cole Konrad and Chris Tuchscherer ... and I feel great. I feel like my old self again.”

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

ONE Championship 28 set with Nastyukhin-Kawanago headliner, tourney bouts

  • 26 days ago
  • 3 views

The lineup is set for this month’s “ONE Championship 28: Dynasty of Champions” event in China.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News read news >>

UFC 188 extended video preview: I have the 'true belt,' Fabricio Werdum says

  • 26 days ago
  • 286 views

Check out an extended video preview of this month’s UFC 188 pay-per-view event, in which Fabricio Werdum makes a bold claim about the belt that was recently wrapped around his waist.Filed under: Feat read news >>

Dana White: They'd have to pay me way too much to take Roger Goodell's job

  • 26 days ago
  • 14 views

In a recent interview, UFC president, Dana White discussed, unions and compared UFC athlete legal issues to those the NFL faces with its own pros. Have you ever scratched your head and thought to you read news >>

UFC Fight Night 67 medical suspensions: Alves, Breese out up to six months

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

Two fighters earned long medical suspensions at UFC Fight Night 67. One was pretty obvious, the other was not. If you didn't watch UFC Fight Night 67 this past Saturday, you only need one look at the read news >>

Melvin Guillard on post-UFC troubles: 'I was battling with my own mind. I was depressed.'

  • 28 days ago
  • 6 views

Former UFC lightweight and recent Bellator signing Melvin Guillard discussed his emotional state after the UFC released him early last year. Melvin Guillard's World Series of Fighting run can best be read news >>

Levan Makashvili replaces Chas Skelly at UFC Fight Night 70 in Florida

  • 28 days ago
  • 2 views

Levan Makashvili has replaced Chas Skelly at this month’s UFC Fight Night 70 event, officials today announced.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 67 injuries and medical suspensions: 'Pitbull' leashed up to six months

  • 28 days ago
  • 30 views

Now that the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, it's time to find out who's worse for the wear following the carnage at UFC Fight Night 67 this past weekend in Brazil. Ultimate Fighting Cham read news >>

UFC Fight Night 67 medical suspensions: Thiago Alves, Tom Breese potentially out six months

  • 28 days ago
  • 10 views

Thiago Alves could be out of action for six months following a devastating loss to Carlos Condit in Goiania, Brazil. The welterweight veteran received a 180-day suspension from the Brazilian MMA Athl read news >>

UFC Goiania draws 3,500 fans, economy blamed

  • 29 days ago
  • 8 views

18 months after more than 10,000 fans paid to see Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson in Goiania, Brazil, a mere 3,500 paid to see Carlos Condit vs. Thiago Alves. UFC officials blame the Brazilian econom read news >>

Carlos Condit vs. Thiago Alves: What We Learned from UFC Fight Night 67 Tilt

  • 29 days ago
  • 3 views

UFC Fight Night 67 headliners Carlos Condit and Thiago Alves have had their recent careers defined by injuries. Condit missed out on a huge opportunity to stake a claim for a title shot in the post-G read news >>