Bibiano Fernandes may not be a member of the UFC roster, but that’s just fine by the former two-division Dream champion.

UFC officials erroneously announced Fernandes’ signing this summer, and the MMA media followed suit in reporting the 32-year-old’s apparent UFC 149 booking against Roland Delorme. The only problem was that Fernandes had not actually put pen to paper.

Instead, “The Flash” elected to sign with Singapore-based promotion One FC and is now poised to make his organizational debut against Australia’s Cage Fighting Championship bantamweight titlist Gustavo Falciroli in the main event of One FC 5 One FC 5 "Pride of a Nation." The event takes place Friday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Philippines, and streams live on pay-per-view.

“[Signing with One FC] was better for me and my family. Why would I go fight [in the] UFC for sh---y money? I have a family,” Fernandes recently told Sherdog.com “I believe One FC can be the best -- the No. 1 promotion in the world. One FC will be around for a long time for sure, depending on how everyone works together, and depending on me too.”

In Falciroli, Fernandes faces a dangerous but somewhat lower-profile fighter than many of the men he faced during nearly three years with Dream. According to Fernandes, his opponent’s potential drawing power is an aspect of the bout with which he does not concern himself, instead electing to focus his energy on the combat itself.

“[Name recognition] doesn't matter for me. He is good, and we will see what will happen,” Fernandes said. “There will be a lot of people there, but that does not bother me, because I always fought in front of a lot of people in Japan. I don’t think about how many people are watching, only about my opponent, and that's it. I want to feel him -- to see how strong he is, how quick he is, what he is doing, how he moves. After that, I can play my game.”

Though Fernandes is known as a potent grappler, so is his fellow expat countryman. Despite this, Fernandes believes his ground game will be the one that prevails when he locks horns with Falciroli in the evening’s headliner.

“I think my ground game for MMA is better than his, 100 percent. I think he will try to take me down and put me on my back,” said Fernandes. “He is going to punch, kick, try everything. This is MMA, and I was born for this stuff. I have three belts, and I understand the game more than other people.”

When Fernandes steps into the cage, it will mark the first time he has competed since knocking out Antonio Banuelos on New Year’s Eve to win Dream’s bantamweight strap. Though his clash with Falciroli will mark his first fight this year, Fernandes says the time spent away from the cage is simply a part of his routine.

“[Whether] I fight jiu-jitsu or MMA, I always take a break, because I like taking care of myself. The break has for sure helped me, because if you fight, fight, fight, you get a broken mind,” said Fernandes. “I like to clear my mind until I am ready to go again. I want to wait and listen to what my body says, and now I have no injuries. Now I feel good, and I want to fight now because my body wants to fight.”

Though Fernandes is fully aware of the substantial test that currently stands in front of him, the 32-year-old nonetheless will welcome an opportunity to compete for the One FC bantamweight crown if and when it comes in the future.

“I am a fighter, and I love fighting,” said Fernandes. “If One FC wants me to fight for the belt in October, I will do it. I am a born warrior, and I like to go to war.”

Trainer: Amanda Nunes' striking is 'light years' ahead of Ronda Rousey's, can beat 'Rowdy' now

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight champion,Ronda Rousey, has proven she can outstrike the best of them, but she has yet to face someone with the stand up skills that Amanda Nu read news >>

Coach: Amanda Nunes' striking is 'light years ahead' of Ronda Rousey's

Few people ever mentioned Amanda Nunes as a worthy title challenger for Ronda Rousey before this past Saturday. But after watching her dazzling display against Sara McMann, they certainly are now. Nu read news >>

Anderson Silva Suspended: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

After failing drug tests ahead of his clash with Nick Diaz at UFC 183, Anderson Silva has been suspended from competition. Silva will be forced to sit out for one year and is fined the full $200,000 read news >>

ONE champ Bibiano Fernandes open to fighting WSOF champ Marlon Moraes

ONE Championship bantamweight champ Bibiano Fernandes reign continued this past month with a knockout Toni Tauru at the promotion’s “Kingdom of Warriors” event.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Vid read news >>

Glover Teixeira respects Ovince St. Preux's power, but questions his technique ahead of UFC main event

Glover Teixeira had his 20-fight winning streak snapped by Jon Jones and Phil Davis in 2014, but sees a five-round clash with Ovince Saint Preux as the perfect opportunity to show he’s a different fi read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2016 with Franklin, Askren, Fernandes and more

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Rich Franklin, Ben Askren, Bibiano Fernandes, Nieky Holzken and Loren MackFiled under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Latest CM Punk update: Watch video of UFC rookie sparring, grappling ahead of (eventual) Octagon debut

"I definitely don't want to wait too long. I understand all the criticism. Here I am with you interviewing me, they're making me do media, all this stuff. Eventually you're sick of talking about it a read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio (noon ET): Rich Franklin, Ben Askren, Bibiano Fernandes, Mack, Holzken

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with a quartet of guests from ONE Championship: Rich Franklin, Ben Askren, Bibiano Fernandes and Loren Mack.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC Fight Night Nashville: Care/Don't Care Preview

Sorry cry babies, Kid Nate + Eugene S. Robinson look ahead to this weekend's UFC Fight Night featuring Glover Teixeira vs. Ovince Saint Preaux in the infamous & patented Care/Don't Care Preview. read news >>

UFC 190 trending ahead of UFC 189 says Dana White

The UFC president says Ronda Rousey's latest fight is looking to outperform Conor McGregor's breakthrough a month ago. Dana White is never shy to let the world know when the UFC does well and he appe read news >>