Next month’s Invicta FC 5 event has a main-card change as Lauren Taylor (5-0) has replaced injured Amanda Nunes (7-3) and now meets Kaitlin Young (7-7-1) at Invicta FC 5.
Officials today announced the change, which was prompted after Nunes suffered a sprained elbow.
Invicta FC 5 takes place April 5 at Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Mo. The event, which includes a pair of title fights along with notables such as Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos and Sarah Kaufman, is expected to stream via online pay-per-view.
Taylor launched her pro career in 2010 and has posted five consecutive TKO wins. The latest came via first-round elbows in a fight with Jennifer Scott at Legacy FC 18.
She now meets Young, who looks to an end a three-fight winless streak following a draw with Leslie Smith and stoppage losses to Liz Carmouche and Smith. All of the fights came under the Invicta FC banner.
The full Invicta FC 5 card includes:
MAIN CARD (Online PPV)
- Jessica Penne vs. Michelle Waterson – for atomweight title
- Barb Honchak vs. Vanessa Porto – for inaugural flyweight title
- Ediane Gomes vs. Cristiane Santos
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Leslie Smith
- Zoila Frausto Gurgel vs. Jennifer Maia
- Lauren Taylor vs. Kaitlin Young
- Julia Budd vs. Fiona Muxlow
- Jasminka Cive vs. Bec Hyatt
PRELIMINARY CARD (Online PPV)
- Cassie Rodish vs. Simona Soukupova
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Miriam Nakamoto
- Katja Kankaanpaa vs. Juliana Carnerio Lima
- Mollie Estes vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
- Alexandra Chambers vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Kathina Catron vs. Rose Namajunas
For more on Invicta FC 5, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Lauren Taylor)