Strikeforce light heavyweight Lorenz Larkin has responded to Tuesday’s announcement by the Nevada State Athletic Commission that his Jan. 7 opponent, Muhammed Lawal, failed a post-fight drug screen.

“It is disappointing to hear of this news since this is now the second opponent in a row that has tested positive after fighting me,” Larkin stated in a release issued by his Team Monsoon. “I respect Mo and wish him the best. If he says that he didn’t take anything then I will take his word for it and it’s up to him and his team to prove otherwise. At this point, it’s up to the Nevada State Athletic Commission how they will deal with this situation.”

The NSAC has not yet made an official ruling regarding Lawal’s positive test for the anabolic steroid drostanolone, which both the fighter and his management Tuesday denied any knowledge of. Larkin suffered the first defeat of his career in a second-round knockout to Lawal, though the result could be overturned by the commission.

Larkin’s previous opponent, Nick Rossborough, is currently serving a suspension handed down by the NSAC in October. Rossborough was flagged for elevated testosterone levels following a September decision loss to Larkin at Strikeforce Challengers 19.

The 25-year-old “Monsoon” on Tuesday also shouldered blame for the loss and affirmed that he is working diligently to avoid a repeat in his next outing.

“Regardless of steroid use or not, I don’t look at this as a win on my record, because it’s not,” said Larkin. “I have watched tape and I am back in the gym improving how I lost that fight. I will be ready for whatever Strikeforce wants to do regarding who I am fighting next and the light heavyweight division.”

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

VIDEO: Michael Bisping Calls Out Luke Rockhold, Says He Turned Down Jacare

  • 25 days ago
  • 33 views

Michael Bisping, who eventually got the call, said his "source very close to the UFC" told him that Luke Rockhold turned down a fight with Jacare Souza. read news >>

Following Surgery, Chris Weidman Calls Michael Bisping’s Bluff, Wants First Shot at the Belt

  • 19 days ago
  • 485 views

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman underwent successful neck surgery earlier this week, and now he's already calling out Michael Bisping. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 89 Results: Stephen Thompson Picks Rory MacDonald Apart, Calls for Title Shot

  • 10 days ago
  • 58 views

Second-ranked welterweight Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson became the top contender in the 170-pound division on Saturday when he defeated top-ranked Rory MacDonald. read news >>

BJ Penn Calls for Unnecessary 3rd Fight with GSP at UFC 205 in NYC

  • 2 days ago
  • 13 views

It’s 2016 and BJ Penn is calling out Georges St-Pierre for a third fight. GSP announced on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani that he is ready to return to the cage, and that has the Hawaiian’s wheels s read news >>

Anderson Silva Calls for Michael Bisping Rematch, Suggests Manchester UFC Fight

  • a day ago
  • 44 views

Legendary fighter Anderson Silva thinks UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is “afraid” to face him in a rematch. The Brazilian lost to Bisping narrowly in London earlier this year in a pulsati read news >>