In a recent interview with MMA Diehards, Olympic gold medalist and professional wrestler Kurt Angle repeated his desire to compete in MMA.

“I just did my physical this past year with Dana White,” said Angle. “The problem is I’m not allowed to wrestle and fight. Dana White will not permit that.”

Despite the fact that signing a UFC contract would keep him out of a wrestling ring, Angle says that he only wants to compete for the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

“I’m a UFC die hard,” said Angle. “Strikeforce yeah, I looked that way… but the one I want to fight for is Dana White.”

It seems that Angle has been in the news several times for calling out MMA fighters and for stating his intention of competing in MMA but, if what he says is to be believed, we could see Angle competing in the cage fairly soon.

“I do want to do the UFC, the MMA thing and hopefully God willing it will be in the next year or two,” said Angle.

Angle would not be the first professional wrestler-turned-Mixed Martial Artist. He would join undefeated Strikeforce contender Bobby Lashley and UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar as the highest profile wrestlers to convert to MMA. As to what separates himself from the others, Angles points to his impressive wrestling pedigree.

“I don’t consider myself a pro-wrestler, I consider myself an Olympic gold medalist,” said Angle. “Brock [Lesnar] and Bobby [Lashley] were great wrestlers but they weren’t anywhere near where I was. I’m in the top five of the greatest amateur wrestlers of all time.”

Despite feeling that his status as an amateur wrestler separates himself from the pack, Angle was quick to give props to his fellow pro-wrestlers.

“Brock Lesnar is the real deal, he’s an animal,” said Angle. “Bobby Lashley is up and coming and is going to be great. But I don’t know where I’ll be, light heavyweight or heavyweight. I can make either one like that.”

Whether or not it is any indication of his seriousness, Angle has already begun picking out opponents.

“Some of my fellow Olympians are Randy Couture,” he said. “Unfortunately he didn’t walk away with a medal in the Olympics but he’s still an incredible wrestler. I would love to see how I would fare against him.”

With the rumor circulating that Couture will be welcoming professional boxer James Toney into the eight-sided cage, perhaps the unofficial Octagon-welcomer could take on Angle as well.

With as impressive an amateur wrestling background as Angle possesses, it is not inconceivable to believe that he could be successful at high levels of MMA competition. However strong his wrestling base is though, there are still multiple more facets to MMA to which Angle would have to become more familiar before he could compete at those high levels. Since we have heard this talk from Angle before, there is no telling how serious he is about trying his hand at MMA competition. This is a case where only time will tell and, at age 42, time is not Kurt Angle’s friend.

How Henry Cejudo went from sleeping on floors to UFC contention (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: The Olympic gold medalist and UFC flyweight contender has the right perspective after a harsh upbringing. read news >>

How Henry Cejudo went from sleeping on floors to UFC contention (Yahoo Sports)

UFC Fight Night 78 Results: Henry Cejudo Wins, Ready to Add UFC Gold to Olympic Gold

Olympic Gold Medalist Henry Cejudo bested No. 3 ranked flyweight Jussier Formiga at UFC Monterrey, and now wants to add some new gold to his collection. read news >>

Uriah Hall explains his controversial 'terrorist' comment from social media

Uriah Hall is sorry but not sorry when it comes to a recent Instagram post in which he labeled MMA fans as “terrorists” due to the harsh criticism directed at Ronda Rousey following her knockout loss read news >>

All Fighters On Point Ahead of ONE: Dynasty of Champions Double Title Tilt

ONE: Dynasty of Champions is set for the National Olympic Sports Centre Gymnasium in Beijing on Saturday night (local time) after all the fighters made weight on Friday. read news >>

UFC 193's Daniel Kelly would have retired with loss, estimates 6 fights left in career

MELBOURNE, Australia – Former Olympic judoka and UFC middleweight Daniel Kelly said he was fighting for his career when he stepped into the cage against Steve Montgomery.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov opts against retirement but won't get desired Al Iaquinta matchup

Although another recent injury had Khabib Nurmagomedov considering retirement, he’s opted to fight on. But he won’t get his desired matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Olympic Conqueror, Edith Bosch, Says She'd Like to Punch UFC Star

Three-time Olympic judo medallist Edith Bosch has revealed that UFC superstar Ronda Rousey has always been a rowdy competitor and used to disrupt weigh-ins when she was plying her trade on the judo c read news >>

Why UFC vet Thiago Tavares didn't mind that deep gash and recent TKO loss

Veteran UFC featherweight Thiago Tavares said he doesn’t necessarily get hung up on whether he wins or loses his fights.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Count Max Holloway Among Nick Diaz Defenders: ‘It’s a Bunch of BS’

Featherweight contender Max Holloway became the most recent fighter to speak out about Nick Diaz’ five-year suspension for testing positive for marijuana. read news >>