King Mo Lawal Released from Strikeforce


Muhammed King Mo Lawal - Strikeforce
Muhammed ‘King Mo’ Lawal‘s day on Tuesday went from bad to worse after receiving his punishment from the Nevada Athletic Commission as he was then released from his Strikeforce contract.

Lawal confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday. The release was originally reported by MMAJunkie.com.

The details surrounding his release involve a series of Twitter messages that Lawal put out after his hearing with the Nevada Commission this afternoon.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker made a statement regarding the release of King Mo Lawal after today’s events.

“Following the outcome of today’s hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and his subsequent reaction, Strikeforce has released Muhammed Lawal from his contract,” said Coker in the statement.

While the messages have since been deleted, Lawal was referencing a line of questioning from Commissioner Pat Lundvall during Tuesday’s hearing.

“I honestly feel like Lundvall was a racist (expletive) asking me if I can read or speak English. Go on somewhere with that bull (expletive),” Lawal wrote.

Following that message, Lawal released another explaining his earlier statement directed at Lundvall.

“It’s funny how people are trying to say that I’m calling the commission racist. No! They aren’t. But there was one person on the panel that was out of line with the question she asked me. I found it insulting, prejudice, and a lil’ racist. I say racist from past experiences,” Lawal stated.

It didn’t take long for the powers that be at Zuffa to take notice, and soon after Strikeforce matchmaker Sean Shelby notified Lawal’s manager Mike Kogan that he had been released from his contract.

The line of questioning that Lawal was referencing from Commissioner Pat Lundvall involved the supplements the former champion took that he believes caused a positive drug test following his bout with Lorenz Larkin in January.

Commissioner Lundvall was quizzing Lawal and his manager Mike Kogan on the drugs and supplements he was on, and a pre-fight questionnaire that was filled out regarding any medications the fighter was taking prior to his bout in Strikeforce earlier this year.

The audio of the Nevada Commission’s hearing with Lawal is available below:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 18 days ago
  • 1 views

Muhammed Lawal has lost an opponent for next month’s Bellator 123 event, but a replacement bout is in the works.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rumors, News read news >>

  • 3 days ago
  • 1 views

"King Mo" Muhammed Lawal doesn't think that Rampage Jackson's heart is in fighting anymore, especially after the two fought on the Bellator PPV. He also says pro-wrestling is harder than MMA. Muhamme read news >>

  • 3 days ago
  • 0 views

The changes keep on coming for Muhammed Lawal for Bellator MMA’s Season 11 premiere. “King Mo” now will meet UFC vet Dustin Jacoby at Bellator 123 next month. Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rumors, News read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 2 views

Stream or download today’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Muhammed Lawal and Duane Ludwig.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

  • 18 days ago
  • 2 views

Muhammed Lawal has a new opponent for the light heavyweight co-main event of Bellator 123. read news >>

  • 16 days ago
  • 2 views

After suffering from a knee injury during training, Tom DeBlass has been removed from the Bellator 123 fight card and will be replaced by Marcus Sursa. read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 1 views

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guests Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal and Duane “Bang” Ludwig.Filed under: Bellator, MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

  • a day ago
  • 2 views

"King Mo" Lawal signs a new long-term contract extension with Bellator MMA prior to his Sept. 5 bout against Dustin Jacoby at Bellator 123. read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 42 views

And he's even less worried about the ground game. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight Tom DeBlass -- who ended his short-lived retirement to join Bellator MMA back in early read news >>