After signing a pro wrestling contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and an MMA deal with the Bellator Fighting Championships, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal will be a busy man over the next few years.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will still put MMA first, though.

“MMA will come first, and pro wrestling will be second -- a close second,” Lawal told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ll do a few [pro wrestling] shows a month and then I’ll train. If I have a fight coming up, I won’t be doing shows or taping. I’m cool with that. Whoever pays the most is who I’m going to take care of, and that’s MMA. I’m more established in MMA. In pro wrestling I’m just trying to work my way up. I’m going to focus on where I’m more established for right now and look to add and build on pro wrestling as time passes.”

Lawal called the opportunity to do both pro wrestling and fight in MMA a “dream come true.” First, however, he has to rehab after knee surgery and a subsequent staph infection. When he’s healthy, the plan is for Lawal to hone his pro wrestling skills with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is a developmental promotion for TNA. It won’t be Lawal’s first time in a wrestling ring.

“I learned how to bump, but the thing is, I have to refresh on all that when I go back to OVW because if you’re not doing it all the time, if you’re not staying consistent with what you’re doing, then you’re going to lose a little bit,” he said. “I know I lost a lot. I have to go back and redo it, but I’m willing to learn and I’m hoping to learn.”

Lawal expects to wrestle this year and then debut with Bellator in 2013. He’s currently serving a nine-month suspension after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in January. When he is eligible to fight again, though, Lawal is confident he can handle both endeavors.

“I’m ready because I’m going to be King Mo in both worlds,” he said. “I’m not going to change nothing just because one thing is pro wrestling and the other thing is MMA. I’m going to be the same person for both. … They told me I’m going to be King Mo. Maybe we’ll refine some things at OVW, but as far as everything goes, from what I’ve understood, I’m going to be an MMA fighter that steps foot in the squared circle. I’m going to be me.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:29:20).

Charles 'Krazy Horse' Bennett Puts on Performance for the Ages at Rizin FF 2

At Rizin Fighting Federation 2, Charles Bennett talked the talk, then walked the walk, then talked the talk some more. And when it was all done, he had singlehandedly fashioned one of the most memora read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Conor McGregor Puts a Dollar Amount on His UFC Worth... and It's Big! |

Conor McGregor was asked about his worth to the company, and he put a dollar amount on it... and that amount was not small. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Asked for Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205 (video) |

Strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk puts her title on the line at UFC 205 against fellow Poland native Karolina Kowalkiewicz in a fight she requested. read news >>

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 results: Nate Marquardt's walkoff head-kick KO puts away Tamdan McCrory

PORTLAND, Ore. – It might be best to not write off Nate Marquardt just yet. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Puts His Legacy on the Line to Exact Revenge on Dan Henderson

It has recently come to our attention that we’ve been shortchanging Michael Bisping for years. There’s no other way to say it: We underestimated him. We dismissed him. We didn’t like him very much, i read news >>

WSOF champ Justin Gaethje says he's headlining New Year's Eve show in New York

WSOF lightweight champ Justin Gaethje puts his title on the line at Friday’s WSOF 33 event, and while “The Highlight” insists he’s not looking past his opponent, he already knows what’s coming next.F read news >>