After signing a pro wrestling contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and an MMA deal with the Bellator Fighting Championships, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal will be a busy man over the next few years.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will still put MMA first, though.

“MMA will come first, and pro wrestling will be second -- a close second,” Lawal told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ll do a few [pro wrestling] shows a month and then I’ll train. If I have a fight coming up, I won’t be doing shows or taping. I’m cool with that. Whoever pays the most is who I’m going to take care of, and that’s MMA. I’m more established in MMA. In pro wrestling I’m just trying to work my way up. I’m going to focus on where I’m more established for right now and look to add and build on pro wrestling as time passes.”

Lawal called the opportunity to do both pro wrestling and fight in MMA a “dream come true.” First, however, he has to rehab after knee surgery and a subsequent staph infection. When he’s healthy, the plan is for Lawal to hone his pro wrestling skills with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is a developmental promotion for TNA. It won’t be Lawal’s first time in a wrestling ring.

“I learned how to bump, but the thing is, I have to refresh on all that when I go back to OVW because if you’re not doing it all the time, if you’re not staying consistent with what you’re doing, then you’re going to lose a little bit,” he said. “I know I lost a lot. I have to go back and redo it, but I’m willing to learn and I’m hoping to learn.”

Lawal expects to wrestle this year and then debut with Bellator in 2013. He’s currently serving a nine-month suspension after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in January. When he is eligible to fight again, though, Lawal is confident he can handle both endeavors.

“I’m ready because I’m going to be King Mo in both worlds,” he said. “I’m not going to change nothing just because one thing is pro wrestling and the other thing is MMA. I’m going to be the same person for both. … They told me I’m going to be King Mo. Maybe we’ll refine some things at OVW, but as far as everything goes, from what I’ve understood, I’m going to be an MMA fighter that steps foot in the squared circle. I’m going to be me.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:29:20).

Twitter reacts to former UFC champ Benson Henderson signing Bellator contract

The MMA world got a little more interesting today when former UFC and WEC lightweight champion Benson Henderson announced his signing with Bellator .Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

What Benson Henderson's Bellator signing really means (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: While some believe Henderson's bolt from the UFC signals the start of a free-agent frenzy, that won't likely be the case. read news >>

Dana White: 'Great guy' Benson Henderson got 'right deal for him' in move to Bellator

When Benson Henderson announced his new contract with Bellator earlier today, the UFC lost one of the most successful fighters to enter the octagon in several years. Dana White isn’t upset, however, read news >>

What Benson Henderson's Bellator signing really means (Yahoo Sports)

Contract disputes see Jake Shields out at WSOF 30, Jon Fitch now meets Joao Zeferino

It seems World Series of Fighting officials and veteran welterweight Jake Shields could not come to terms on a planned April meeting with Jon Fitch, and Joao Zeferino will now take his place in a fig read news >>

UFC Vet Chris Leben Out of Retirement, Signs with Bellator

• 18 hours ago

Bellator MMA on Saturday announced its latest acquisition, the signing of former WEC middleweight champion and UFC veteran Chris "The Crippler" Leben. read news >>

Video: This is the head-kick KO that earned Tim Boetsch a UFC contract in 2010

This weekend at UFC Fight Night 81, Tim Boetsch fights for the 18th time under the UFC banner. Check out the dazzling performance that earned him a UFC contract in 2010.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Attorney: Following public apology, Wanderlei Silva released from UFC contract

The UFC on Wednesday released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the industry-leader, freeing him to fight for other promoters, the fighter’s longtime attorney today told MMAjunkie.Filed under: F read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Reportedly Released from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Reaction

Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie.com reported Thursday the UFC released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the company.The news coincides with Silva recanting his previous claim this past summer that read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Retracts UFC Fight-Fixing Statements, Reportedly Released from Contract

While Wanderlei Silva awaits resolution over his lifetime ban handed down by the Nevada Athletic Commission, it appears that he is close to being free of the UFC. read news >>