After signing a pro wrestling contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and an MMA deal with the Bellator Fighting Championships, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal will be a busy man over the next few years.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will still put MMA first, though.

“MMA will come first, and pro wrestling will be second -- a close second,” Lawal told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ll do a few [pro wrestling] shows a month and then I’ll train. If I have a fight coming up, I won’t be doing shows or taping. I’m cool with that. Whoever pays the most is who I’m going to take care of, and that’s MMA. I’m more established in MMA. In pro wrestling I’m just trying to work my way up. I’m going to focus on where I’m more established for right now and look to add and build on pro wrestling as time passes.”

Lawal called the opportunity to do both pro wrestling and fight in MMA a “dream come true.” First, however, he has to rehab after knee surgery and a subsequent staph infection. When he’s healthy, the plan is for Lawal to hone his pro wrestling skills with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is a developmental promotion for TNA. It won’t be Lawal’s first time in a wrestling ring.

“I learned how to bump, but the thing is, I have to refresh on all that when I go back to OVW because if you’re not doing it all the time, if you’re not staying consistent with what you’re doing, then you’re going to lose a little bit,” he said. “I know I lost a lot. I have to go back and redo it, but I’m willing to learn and I’m hoping to learn.”

Lawal expects to wrestle this year and then debut with Bellator in 2013. He’s currently serving a nine-month suspension after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in January. When he is eligible to fight again, though, Lawal is confident he can handle both endeavors.

“I’m ready because I’m going to be King Mo in both worlds,” he said. “I’m not going to change nothing just because one thing is pro wrestling and the other thing is MMA. I’m going to be the same person for both. … They told me I’m going to be King Mo. Maybe we’ll refine some things at OVW, but as far as everything goes, from what I’ve understood, I’m going to be an MMA fighter that steps foot in the squared circle. I’m going to be me.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:29:20).

Thomas Almeida vs. Anthony Birchak added to UFC Fight Night 77 in Sao Paulo

Just after signing a contract extension with the UFC, Thomas Almeida has his next assignment. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

McGregor says first $100 million UFC fighter contract is 'en route'

Ireland's Conor McGregor claimed that he is 'en route' to signing the UFC's first $100 million fighter contract. read news >>

UFC and Bellator fighters react to Fedor signing and Dynamite on Twitter

All the best, worst and most public thoughts from all your favorite fighters around the MMA world as they watch Bellator 142: Dynamite from the sidelines. It was hardly a thrill a minute, but it was read news >>

Still bound by UFC contract, Cung Le wants retirement fight under Scott Coker

SAN JOSE -- Former UFC and Strikeforce star Cung Le spoke with MMA Fighting on Thursday about his current contract status with the UFC, why he wants to fight for Bellator and the possibility of there read news >>

Paige VanZant wants new contract before taking UFC fight against 'pissed' strawweight rival

Streaking Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) strawweight contender and Reebok it-girl Paige VanZant is slowly but surely creeping her way toward the upper echelon of the promotion's 115-pound divis read news >>

Paige VanZant signs new contract with UFC, says she has fight booked

One day after it was reported that popular UFC strawweight Paige VanZant had only one fight left on her contract, she signed a new one and had her next fight booked. One of the most popular strawweig read news >>

Paige VanZant, UFC Agree to New Contract: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

Paige VanZant, the 21-year-old rising mixed martial arts star, already has three fights under the UFC banner and will have more in the future after agreeing to a new contract with the promotion. VanZ read news >>

Paige VanZant wants quick return, but also wants new contract first

Following her finish of Alex Chambers at UFC 191, Paige VanZant is looking for a fairly quick return to action. But she'd like to take care of her long-term future first. The emerging strawweight sta read news >>

Arlovski: Fedor signing with the UFC is a ‘BS rumor’

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski does not believe Fedor Emelianenko will sign with the UFC. read news >>

Josh Barnett has no contract to fight Chael Sonnen at Metamoris, willing to school him anyway

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight standout Chael Sonnen claimed he was fighting UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett at the next Metamoris submission grappling tournament (details), an read news >>