After signing a pro wrestling contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and an MMA deal with the Bellator Fighting Championships, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal will be a busy man over the next few years.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will still put MMA first, though.

“MMA will come first, and pro wrestling will be second -- a close second,” Lawal told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ll do a few [pro wrestling] shows a month and then I’ll train. If I have a fight coming up, I won’t be doing shows or taping. I’m cool with that. Whoever pays the most is who I’m going to take care of, and that’s MMA. I’m more established in MMA. In pro wrestling I’m just trying to work my way up. I’m going to focus on where I’m more established for right now and look to add and build on pro wrestling as time passes.”

Lawal called the opportunity to do both pro wrestling and fight in MMA a “dream come true.” First, however, he has to rehab after knee surgery and a subsequent staph infection. When he’s healthy, the plan is for Lawal to hone his pro wrestling skills with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is a developmental promotion for TNA. It won’t be Lawal’s first time in a wrestling ring.

“I learned how to bump, but the thing is, I have to refresh on all that when I go back to OVW because if you’re not doing it all the time, if you’re not staying consistent with what you’re doing, then you’re going to lose a little bit,” he said. “I know I lost a lot. I have to go back and redo it, but I’m willing to learn and I’m hoping to learn.”

Lawal expects to wrestle this year and then debut with Bellator in 2013. He’s currently serving a nine-month suspension after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in January. When he is eligible to fight again, though, Lawal is confident he can handle both endeavors.

“I’m ready because I’m going to be King Mo in both worlds,” he said. “I’m not going to change nothing just because one thing is pro wrestling and the other thing is MMA. I’m going to be the same person for both. … They told me I’m going to be King Mo. Maybe we’ll refine some things at OVW, but as far as everything goes, from what I’ve understood, I’m going to be an MMA fighter that steps foot in the squared circle. I’m going to be me.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:29:20).

Miesha Tate to Defend Title Against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200

Fresh off of signing a new contract, UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will make the first defense of her title at this summer's UFC 200. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 Highlights: Junior dos Santos Punishes Ben Rothwell

Watch as former heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos puts on a clinic, punishing Ben Rothwell at UFC Fight Night 86 in Croatia. read news >>

Dan Henderson Video: Lyoto Machida, UFC 199, and New Contract Requirements

Dan Henderson reacts to Lyoto Machida's recent anti-doping violation, facing Hector Lombard at UFC 199, his demands for a new UFC contract, and much more. read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos puts title on line against Eddie Alvarez at UFC Fight Night 90

Rafael dos Anjos will be the first male fighter to defend a title on UFC Fight Pass this July when he puts his belt on the line against Eddie Alvarez at UFC Fight Night 90.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Georges St-Pierre’s UFC Return Hinges on His Contract and Health

Georges St-Pierre has yet to say yay or nay on a UFC return, but he has laid out the most significant hurdles he has yet to clear. read news >>

Andrey Koreshkov vs. Benson Henderson Results: Winner, Reaction for Bellator 153

When the Bellator brass decided to put new free-agent signing Benson Henderson in a title fight with Andrey Koreshkov, there was the potential for its reigning champion to receive a huge boost in pro read news >>

Some things overheard in Jon Jones' corner at UFC 197

The UFC puts cameras in the corners for UFC pay-per-view events. Those cameras come with hot mics that capture a lot of things fans might not hear during the fight.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator Signs Three-Time All-American Wrestler Jarod Trice

• an hour ago

Bellator MMA is proud to announce the signing of three-time All American wrestling prospect Jarod Trice to an exclusive, multi-fight contract. read news >>

WrestleMania 32 Results: Roman Reigns Tops Triple H, The Undertaker Puts Shane McMahon On a Stretcher

The biggest crowd in WrestleMania history took over Dallas on Sunday. read news >>

Miesha Tate Inks New UFC Contract

Before defending her women’s 135-pound title, Miesha Tate has signed a new contract with the UFC. Tate’s management firm, KHI Management announced the news on Tuesday via Twitter. read news >>