After signing a pro wrestling contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and an MMA deal with the Bellator Fighting Championships, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal will be a busy man over the next few years.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will still put MMA first, though.

“MMA will come first, and pro wrestling will be second -- a close second,” Lawal told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ll do a few [pro wrestling] shows a month and then I’ll train. If I have a fight coming up, I won’t be doing shows or taping. I’m cool with that. Whoever pays the most is who I’m going to take care of, and that’s MMA. I’m more established in MMA. In pro wrestling I’m just trying to work my way up. I’m going to focus on where I’m more established for right now and look to add and build on pro wrestling as time passes.”

Lawal called the opportunity to do both pro wrestling and fight in MMA a “dream come true.” First, however, he has to rehab after knee surgery and a subsequent staph infection. When he’s healthy, the plan is for Lawal to hone his pro wrestling skills with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is a developmental promotion for TNA. It won’t be Lawal’s first time in a wrestling ring.

“I learned how to bump, but the thing is, I have to refresh on all that when I go back to OVW because if you’re not doing it all the time, if you’re not staying consistent with what you’re doing, then you’re going to lose a little bit,” he said. “I know I lost a lot. I have to go back and redo it, but I’m willing to learn and I’m hoping to learn.”

Lawal expects to wrestle this year and then debut with Bellator in 2013. He’s currently serving a nine-month suspension after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in January. When he is eligible to fight again, though, Lawal is confident he can handle both endeavors.

“I’m ready because I’m going to be King Mo in both worlds,” he said. “I’m not going to change nothing just because one thing is pro wrestling and the other thing is MMA. I’m going to be the same person for both. … They told me I’m going to be King Mo. Maybe we’ll refine some things at OVW, but as far as everything goes, from what I’ve understood, I’m going to be an MMA fighter that steps foot in the squared circle. I’m going to be me.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:29:20).

Bellator MMA Officially Announces Signing of Rory MacDonald

The news leaked out earlier this week, but Bellator MMA made it official on Friday during the Bellator 160 broadcast. The fight promotion has inked a deal with welterweight Rory MacDonald. read news >>

Carlos Condit Believes a Win Over Demian Maia Puts Him Back into Title Contention

Former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit wasn't sure if he'd continue fighting after losing his last fight, but is back for another run at the belt. read news >>

UFC on FOX 21 Fight Highlights: Demian Maia Puts Out the Lights on Carlos Condit

Check out the UFC on FOX 21 fight highlights from the main event bout between Demian Maia and Carlos Condit. read news >>

WSOF Continues Signing Spree, Inks Deal with Ramsey Nijem

World Series of Fighting continued its signing spree on Monday, announcing it had inked a deal with UFC veteran Ramsey Nijem. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Believes Rory MacDonald ‘Chose the Best Option’ by Signing with Bellator

Former UFC champion Georges St-Pierre believes his friend, Rory MacDonald, made the right move, signing with rival promotion Bellator MMA. read news >>

Andre Harrison Puts Titan FC Belt on the Line Again, Continuing Push Towards UFC

Undefeated Titan FC featherweight champion Andre “The Bull” Harrison feels like he should have already gotten a UFC call-up, but continues to push on. read news >>

7 Takeaways From UFC 203: CM Punk Puts Over the Young Talent | MMAWeekly.com

Every pro wrestling fan knows that the older talent ALWAYS puts over the younger talent, to pass the torch and give the new guy rub. CM Punk did that at UFC 203. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Gabriel Benitez Puts Stubborn Sam Sicilia to Sleep (UFC Hidalgo Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Sam Sicilia refused to tap out, so Gabriel Benitez put him to sleep, when they met at UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Johnson on Saturday in Hidalgo, Texas. read news >>

Derek Brunson Puts Bad Blood Behind Him; It's All Business | MMAWeekly.com

No matter what Uriah Hall thinks, Derek Brunson is ready to put their bad blood behind him. The streaking middleweight has bigger reasons for fighting. read news >>