The narrative is plain for anyone who cares to look.

If Karl Amoussou can catch Ben Askren early in tonight’s Bellator 86main event, he might have a chance to wrest away the welterweight title. If not, most believe Askren will grind the Frenchman down for 25-minutes, with Amoussou helpless to resist the wrestler’s potent grappling attack.

Amoussou, however, disagrees that his chances of victory lie only in the bout’s early rounds. Rather, “Psycho” says he is ready to compete for as long as it takes on Thursday night at the Winstar World Casino in Thackerville, Okla.

“I feel ready for five rounds, or perhaps even more,” Amoussou recently said during a media conference call. “Every fight is different. In every fight I’ve [used] quite a lot of high rhythm and tried to win the fight in a different way. My fight rhythm is very [fast-paced], but don’t worry about my cardio. I’m good.”

Though Amoussou will likely enjoy a striking advantage when he meets “Funky” live on Spike TV, he must nevertheless deal with Askren’s wrestling ability, which measures among the best in all of mixed martial arts. Still, Amoussou says he is prepared to meet Askren wherever the fight may be decided.

“I think obviously Ben is a very good wrestler, but that’s not a surprise to anybody. I think I’m the most well-rounded fighter, and you never know what is going to happen with me, so I think that is what gives me the biggest advantage in this fight,” said Amoussou. “Wherever the fight goes, I’m ready for it. A big mistake to make would be to think that Askren is only a wrestler. It would be a very big mistake to underestimate his boxing and ground game, so I’m taking him very seriously. I’m going to fight an MMA fighter, not a wrestler, and I’m ready to fight in any part of the game.”

Despite his reassurances, Amoussou must also answer questions about worst-case scenarios. Namely, how will the Frenchman handle Askren’s pressure and the boos from the crowd if he winds up underneath the two-time Dan Hodge Trophy winner round after round?

“My nerves are very good. I’m calm and cool, and I’m ready for any type of fight,” said Amoussou. “I’m ready to fight standing up, and I’m ready to wrestle and grapple. The fans will probably boo if the fight goes to the ground and he manages to [impose] his game, but I’m coming to win that belt, so I’m not worried about that.”

In promoting the fight, Amoussou has not minced words when asked about his opinion of Askren’s fighting style, calling the champion “boring,” among other things. Tonight, when Amoussou tries to become the first man to overcome Askren’s smothering excellence in the cage, the “Psycho” says fans will have no trouble distinguishing him from his opponent.

“Watch one of my fights, and then watch one of his fights. You’ll know why I called him boring and why I call myself exciting,” said Amoussou. “We have the complete opposite style. My style is to finish people. His style is to lay and pray for five rounds.”

Former Bellator Champ Michael Chandler Will Do Whatever it Takes to Get Belt Back

Former Bellator champ Michael Chandler has finally turned things around, and he doesn't plan on stopping before he gets the belt back. read news >>

Marcin Held scoffs at Will Brooks' 'one-dimensional' label ahead of Bellator title fight

Marcin Held has no interest in engaging in a war of words with Will Brooks ahead of their Bellator lightweight championship showdown at Bellator 145 on Nov. 6. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 146 gets Houston Alexander vs. Guilherme Viana and five more prelims

The lineup for Bellator 146 is complete with the addition of one main card bout and five preliminary contests.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kimbo Slice headlines Feb. 19 Bellator event, Lashley or Thompson potential opponent

Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson is expected to return to the cage Feb. 19 in a Bellator headliner in Houston against an opponent to be determined.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>

Michael Page sees Bellator title fight in future: 'Everyone's screaming for it to happen'

Michael Page added another victory to his undefeated resume at Bellator 144 this past weekend. Questions still remain, however, about how good Page really is.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Tim Kennedy rips Reebok deal, says he'd 'definitely' fight for Scott Coker in Bellator (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Kennedy, who says he hasn't gotten a check from Reebok, isn't exactly happy with the UFC right now. read news >>